Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

favorite memory of the walkers stadium

Took my son's girlfriend to the Walker's for her first football match. She entered into the spirit of things, proudly chose and wore her City shirt and had her photo taken with my son and Filbert Fox to take back home with her to New Mexico. City won 4-2 against Stoke and she's now a confirmed fan, wearing the shirt back home whenever City play and having commentary relayed back to her at home in Alberquarque whatever time of day it is.

Took my son's girlfriend to the Walker's for her first football match. She entered into the spirit of things, proudly chose and wore her City shirt and had her photo taken with my son and Filbert Fox to take back home with her to New Mexico. City won 4-2 against Stoke and she's now a confirmed fan, wearing the shirt back home whenever City play and having commentary relayed back to her at home in Alberquarque whatever time of day it is.

wots your point? :sleeping:

seeing Connolly bag that hat trick was quite a good memory.

getting promotion in its 1st season was good.

the worst memory though would have to be boxing day a few years back. a cold december night Leicester vs Ipswich.i think we went 1-0 up via a penalty. 85 minutes on the clock and still 1-0, 90 minutes game ends 2-1. terrible.

i had afair few favourites...

i was working the leicester vs brighton match at home when we got promoted.. i had to take some champagne bottles into the home changing room and put them out on the table.. the players came in and one of them sprayed me with promotion champagne !!!

Fosse City entered the Corporate Tournament in 2005 at the Walkers. the pitch was so nice. But scoringa goal that was dissalowed was hurtful, but made up for this by scoring 2 more and each goal felt special when the crows albeit minimal were clapping :cool:

the Catering staff played the Chefs in a 7-3 thriller also at the walkers. i bagged another brace and set one up. it was an awesome day and had another crowd following :)

yea that game in general was a classic, a few things that stick in my mind- lehman tryin to get dion sent off by pretending he nutted him. and also one of our players( i forget who ) making an awesome sliding tackle when lehman kicked the ball out, and putting the ball in the net, shame it was dissalowed. anyone else remember that?

yea that game in general was a classic, a few things that stick in my mind- lehman tryin to get dion sent off by pretending he nutted him. and also one of our players( i forget who ) making an awesome sliding tackle when lehman kicked the ball out, and putting the ball in the net, shame it was dissalowed. anyone else remember that?

I think your mind is playing tricks on you - cos Dion Dublin was only signed after we got relegated, so could not have possibly played in the 1-1 match. :whistle:;)

lol Craig Hignett!

I have to say the Leeds game! Quality all round and my mate who is a Utd supporter came with me just because he hated Leeds!! And i wanted to show him how good Leicester are, because he seemed to think that Championship football wasnt great! Typical Man Utd if you ask me! But anyway, we had a quality time it was the best game of football i have ever seen at the Walkers!

Remember that match against Millwall when there were no Millwall fans in the ground. Claridge scored after 10 seconds but we won 4-1. That match was brilliant. It was close to Christmas too and i just look back at that and think how amazing it was.

Hignett vs Arsenal as it was on my birthday. Woohoo! Watching the Gooners become Goners as their section emptied in record time soon as the ball hit the net.

Nalis vs Leeds - Probably best goal i'll ever see.

Promotion against Brighton.

Hignetts equaliser vs Arsenal

Either this memory above (reciting..Champions league ur havin a laff)

Or Against Pompey are final home game in the prem 2 seasons ago...3-1 i think it finished when that twat lua lua started pointing at his premiership badge on his shirt in front of the Fosse then the Fosse chanted 3-1 to the football league :D shut that twat up! :D

Remember that match against Millwall when there were no Millwall fans in the ground. Claridge scored after 10 seconds but we won 4-1. That match was brilliant. It was close to Christmas too and i just look back at that and think how amazing it was.

That game happens to be my best memory of the Walkers as well but for a different reason.

It was the day that the Club announced it was saved from going bust, shame that tube Alan Birchenall got to make the announcement :mad: . That was the biggest cheer ever at the Walkers by far.

It was also the day a certain Dennis Wise came back and his first corner at the South East corner of the ground was greeted by the best abuse ever and a hail of missiles. I remember the ref gesturing to the Police and they just shrugged their shoulders in a "what do you expect" kind of way.

TBH I think the announcement was made to try and take the edge of the atmosphere

That game happens to be my best memory of the Walkers as well but for a different reason.

It was the day that the Club announced it was saved from going bust, shame that tube Alan Birchenall got to make the announcement :mad: . That was the biggest cheer ever at the Walkers by far.

It was also the day a certain Dennis Wise came back and his first corner at the South East corner of the ground was greeted by the best abuse ever and a hail of missiles. I remember the ref gesturing to the Police and they just shrugged their shoulders in a "what do you expect" kind of way.

TBH I think the announcement was made to try and take the edge of the atmosphere

That's one of my best memories of The Walkers aswell. Cracking atmosphere that day.

Archived