Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Algerian here, why would Mahrez leave for a big team when he could easily ride the bench? Also, at this very moment, I'm pretty sure winning the PL would make Leicester a quality team, provided they strengthen certain areas.

I do agree overall...

Certainly Leicester has made a big leap in the effort of joining the big boys of europe, but lets be honest you are not there yet. You are improving fast but as you know it doesn't take only one title to become part of the top 10 or top 20 in Europe.

It's a good start, and it's awesome and spectacular and you should build on that and continue to achieve more and build your history.

it's this latest that you don't have (just yet) comparing to the Real Madrids, the Barcelonas, the ManUniteds, the bayerns, the milans etc.

Quality team as you mentioned sure and a special team, but the world is HUGE doesn't include only Leicester....

And any fan of any club would tell you my team is the best and fvck the rest.

and those who don't like my post Plz don't take it personally or badly, am just being direct. U should be open to all perspectives.

What I said was mirroring what a lot of Leicester fans were saying and read it here a lot "if Mahrez would stay for another year I wouldn't mind him joining a big club after" your saying, and I was just following that.

So why take it personally!? (Not you in person Sir, but the fans is general)

I had to do it. Added the 69 at the end for shock value tbh ;)

Anyone else think Riyad will stay at Leicester for good provided they get Slimani?

He is an Algerian footballer by choice but he has a very French / European background , I think he is more likely to stay for life if Kante stays , I'm not sure Slimani at £23m fits with our buying pattern I'm not sure that deal will happen

Let's not kid ourselves here. He's Algerian. An Algerian growing up in a French ghetto is not even remotely French in practice. I don't even want to go into the history between us and France so let's put it this way; he's Algerian.

And the sad truth is that no Algerian really feels French, not even zidane or benzema.. There's too much bad blood between the two countries

I do agree overall...

Certainly Leicester has made a big leap in the effort of joining the big boys of europe, but lets be honest you are not there yet. You are improving fast but as you know it doesn't take only one title to become part of the top 10 or top 20 in Europe.

It's a good start, and it's awesome and spectacular and you should build on that and continue to achieve more and build your history.

it's this latest that you don't have (just yet) comparing to the Real Madrids, the Barcelonas, the ManUniteds, the bayerns, the milans etc.

Quality team as you mentioned sure and a special team, but the world is HUGE doesn't include only Leicester....

And any fan of any club would tell you my team is the best and fvck the rest.

and those who don't like my post Plz don't take it personally or badly, am just being direct. U should be open to all perspectives.

What I said was mirroring what a lot of Leicester fans were saying and read it here a lot "if Mahrez would stay for another year I wouldn't mind him joining a big club after" your saying, and I was just following that.

So why take it personally!? (Not you in person Sir, but the fans is general)

There is a big difference in joining a "big" club in England and moving to Barca/Real. It would hurt to see him play for another English club and especially against us.

Let's not kid ourselves here. He's Algerian. An Algerian growing up in a French ghetto is not even remotely French in practice. I don't even want to go into the history between us and France so let's put it this way; he's Algerian.

And the sad truth is that no Algerian really feels French, not even zidane or benzema.. There's too much bad blood between the two countries

yeah but he's also moroccan by that logic

Dear me that's a whole can of worms

My appologies what I meant is his footballing background is French/European and as such having a French player with him is likely to be just as important if not more important than having an Algerian.

Apart for Mahrez have many other Algerians played in premier league , and more specifically ones that didn't grow up in Europe ?

So what?  Where is Bentaleb by the way?

since his injury poor player he never regained his form

the worst,   is that it has been replaced by the best young player in the league :Dele Alli

so no chance at all poor player

There is a big difference in joining a "big" club in England and moving to Barca/Real. It would hurt to see him play for another English club and especially against us.

Thanks for clearing that out.

Me personally I don't want him to move out of the premiere league,

Staying at Leicesrer is an option..

Why not? Maybe they would grow even bigger and bigger together.

I don't think Slimani is a good fit for Leicester City style of play. He doesn't have the power and pace that are required.

"Doesn't have powe or pace"?!!!

I don't think you know Slimani.

I don't think you watched Slimani plays... Maybe just watched his goals

Definitely, definitely got power, he can be very pacy at times.

I know all of you will not agree with me on this one and might shock you!

But I really believe it!

Slimani got the power and confidance even to bench Vardy!

When he first came to Sporting, Sporting had an effective striker Freddy Montero who was scoring almost every match and had even some hatricks. Slimani told his close friends, "you will see, I'll be playing as a starter in the second half of the season" and yes he did it, since then he benched Montero and never heard of him again.

Not saying he will do that with Vardy, but with his work in the field and end product we might see the coach choose him sometimes to play as a lone striker.

Note, Slimani has improved alot recently and averall since he joined Sporting.

"Doesn't have powe or pace"?!!!

I don't think you know Slimani.

I don't think you watched Slimani plays... Maybe just watched his goals

Definitely, definitely got power, he can be very pacy at times.

How do you know I don't know him. You are just a fanboy full of BS.

How do you know I don't know him. You are just a fanboy full of BS.

Even from the videos you can see he has power and pace, so I am not quite sure what you are getting at. Well for a footballer at least.

Slimanis downfall is his technique. He had pace, and he is damned strong.

Mahrez is Moroccan too. I hate this Algerian/morrocan divide. Leave it to the French to divide us lol. The thing is, we go by region. South Morocco is like the Sahara, northern morroco and west Algeria are pretty much the same thing. And east Algeria and Tunisia are very similar. It's weird, I know.

Even from the videos you can see he has power and pace, so I am not quite sure what you are getting at. Well for a footballer at least.

Why would I be against a guy who is not even playing for the team? I just gave my honest assessment about his football abilities.  What are you implying?! 

Why would I be against a guy who is not even playing for the team? I just gave my honest assessment about his football abilities. What are you implying?!

We are simply implying that your "honest assessment about his football abilities" is total BS.

We are simply implying that your "honest assessment about his football abilities" is total BS.

Who is "We"? Slimani fans?

Look, I don't want to debate someone who has a crystal ball to know what I watch or not watch. Someone who thinks I should not give an opinion about his "beloved" player. Don't quote me anymore. As for Slimani, I am familiar with the portuguese league and I like him but he is NOT the type of player you are trying to portray here (can bench Vardy, you said). Have a good life.

Oh, last thing, I am not going to read your BS from now on. I am on this thread only for a player named MAHREZ.

Archived