Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I had the chance to visit the southern part of Algeria some long time ago. It is called Sahara and is the part supposed to carry sand and camels although I couldn't see any camels. My God, it is such a fairy and magical world.

Thanks for the geography lesson and sorry about your disappointment. Hope this helps: 

http://www.expertalgeria.com/essendilene.html

A lot of snide comment coming from you. You have an attitude you try to conceal by playing the race and jingoism card. Doesn't wash with me. Someone who knows about football has pricked your ego and you're trying to desperately stop it completely deflating by flailing your arms around wildly trying to score a blow.

I doubt you're anything more than a player (or country) supporter rather than a City supporter. I've seen lots of comments, from fans of North African origin telling 'us', that Mahrez is the sole reason for City's success. But it's a team game - no more so demonstrated by City's success. A lot of apologists have cited the 'big' clubs under-performing this season. Arrant nonsense - Leicester simply changed the goal-posts.

Inler, Kramaric, Benalouane and, to an extent Ulloa - all big signings - have failed to imprint themselves on the team. That's the risk you take when you buy players in - they just might not settle in or someone might emerge from 'left-field' as the Yanks say, to usurp their position. You're stating that you know better than everyone else at Belvoir Road - that's deluded.

Vardy is the best striker on the planet atm -  he's shown that over 38 + games for City. Not only is he a great striker he's also an unselfish 'assister'. Are you honestly claiming that Slimani would displace him at this juncture? You're allowing your prejudices to outweigh your objectivity.

I found your post offensive - sneering and dismissive - yet you vaunt your views and expect them to be treated with respect. Don't you think that's hypocritical?

Every words.

I am adamant all the north African City "supporters" will vanish the day Mahrez quits our team.

In contrary, rags are used to have a base of dozens millions plastic fans all around the world, but not us,

that is just not our DNA to build a base of foreign plastic glory hunters.

You could get a job in the Arab League diplomatic service if they had one or, at the very least a promotional delegation for all things Algerian/Moroccan because you'd convince anyone that there was nothing more precious in the world than sand and camels.

It's clear Slimani is a good player with lots of qualities but he's about as much chance of replacing Vardy as the concrete lamp-post I chatted up once opposite the Swan and Rushes.

Vardy's not just about goals and assists he's about the spirit of Leicester City and everything the current regime stands for.

On the other hand Slimani hasn't even indicated that he wants to play for us as far as I'm aware, which kind of emphasises what I said about Vardy.

What you say also suggests Slimani plays for Slimani on the quiet. But Leicester need people who play for the club and all their team-mates who form a part of that club.  

Please tell us more about the lamp Post @@Thracian  :claudio:

Let's not kid ourselves here. He's Algerian. An Algerian growing up in a French ghetto is not even remotely French in practice. I don't even want to go into the history between us and France so let's put it this way; he's Algerian.

And the sad truth is that no Algerian really feels French, not even zidane or benzema.. There's too much bad blood between the two countries

Excellent background, most Brits won't know about French colonial history, but it is pretty grim, from the little I have read.

You could get a job in the Arab League diplomatic service if they had one or, at the very least a promotional delegation for all things Algerian/Moroccan because you'd convince anyone that there was nothing more precious in the world than sand and camels.

It's clear Slimani is a good player with lots of qualities but he's about as much chance of replacing Vardy as the concrete lamp-post I chatted up once opposite the Swan and Rushes.

Vardy's not just about goals and assists he's about the spirit of Leicester City and everything the current regime stands for.

On the other hand Slimani hasn't even indicated that he wants to play for us as far as I'm aware, which kind of emphasises what I said about Vardy.

What you say also suggests Slimani plays for Slimani on the quiet. But Leicester need people who play for the club and all their team-mates who form a part of that club.  

Arab League? Sand and camels? What's that about?

A lot of snide comment coming from you. You have an attitude you try to conceal by playing the race and jingoism card. Doesn't wash with me. Someone who knows about football has pricked your ego and you're trying to desperately stop it completely deflating by flailing your arms around wildly trying to score a blow.

I doubt you're anything more than a player (or country) supporter rather than a City supporter. I've seen lots of comments, from fans of North African origin telling 'us', that Mahrez is the sole reason for City's success. But it's a team game - no more so demonstrated by City's success. A lot of apologists have cited the 'big' clubs under-performing this season. Arrant nonsense - Leicester simply changed the goal-posts.

Inler, Kramaric, Benalouane and, to an extent Ulloa - all big signings - have failed to imprint themselves on the team. That's the risk you take when you buy players in - they just might not settle in or someone might emerge from 'left-field' as the Yanks say, to usurp their position. You're stating that you know better than everyone else at Belvoir Road - that's deluded.

Vardy is the best striker on the planet atm - he's shown that over 38 + games for City. Not only is he a great striker he's also an unselfish 'assister'. Are you honestly claiming that Slimani would displace him at this juncture? You're allowing your prejudices to outweigh your objectivity.

I found your post offensive - sneering and dismissive - yet you vaunt your views and expect them to be treated with respect. Don't you think that's hypocritical?

Take a deep breath..

And here's a cold drink for u! lol

Good morning Leicester's fans ! 

I am a french supporter of "le HAC", the former team of Mahrez.

I followed your season by looking at several matches in streaming by focusing me more on Mahrez. I took some pleasure to follow you, I adore the beautiful stories when " the young " wins against "bigger".
I am not surprised by Mahrez, in Le Havre I knew that he had an enormous potential. I remember when he signed at Leicester, you did not know him and you did not practically speak about the transfer. I am satisfied for him, unfortunately for my club we almost gave him (500 000€) because we needed money to survive. But I believe that our former president had negotiated % in the resale of Mahrez, 20 %? In any case, my club, the HAC gets better and an American is now the president and we are coached by Bob Bradley (the former coach of the USA). I have hope that my club is inspired by your route and goes back up in L1. And otherwise as the HAC is one of better formative clubs of the world (Payet, Pogba, Mahrez, Diarra, Mandanda ...). I can speak to you of our future star : Lys Mousset! It is a very promising young person, but this time we keep him or then it will be necessary to pay a high price  ;)

ps: sorry for my english !

Archived