Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Who is "We"? Slimani fans?

Look, I don't want to debate someone who has a crystal ball to know what I watch or not watch. Someone who thinks I should not give an opinion about his "beloved" player. Don't quote me anymore. As for Slimani, I am familiar with the portuguese league and I like him but he is NOT the type of player you are trying to portray here (can bench Vardy, you said). Have a good life.

Oh, last thing, I am not going to read your BS from now on. I am on this thread only for a player named MAHREZ.

hhhh who quoted the other first?!

when you stop quoting me, I'll stop quoting you!

Remember you are the one who started calling people names!

This thread only for Mahrez then why are you talking about Slimani yourself!!!... lol

Go ahead plz stop quoting me or ignore me for that matter, u r doing me a favor!!

By the way Slimani today scored a goal and gave an assist, go watch his pace!

Let's not kid ourselves here. He's Algerian. An Algerian growing up in a French ghetto is not even remotely French in practice. I don't even want to go into the history between us and France so let's put it this way; he's Algerian.

And the sad truth is that no Algerian really feels French, not even zidane or benzema.. There's too much bad blood between the two countries

I agree with this as Algerian people I have met echo these sentiments. I think many Algerians feel more welcome in our country for religious tolerance and matters of a more historical context which is quite a long story. If I might make one stereotypical comment though, every male Algerian I've ever met has been absolutely football mad!

There is a big difference in joining a "big" club in England and moving to Barca/Real. It would hurt to see him play for another English club and especially against us.

These are my thoughts entirely. Whilst I on the one hand would be disappointed, I find it easier to understand when a young football player wants to wear a shirt from Barcelona or Real Madrid, it's the stuff of dreams as a kid and the same may go for Bayern or certain Italian teams depending where you were brought up. Even Man Utd could be put in that bracket but who in their right mind would rush there at this moment in time! I see Man City as manufactured and not the same and just a place to go for money without soul . Arsenal are perrenial failures now in big club terms. So what do we have? We have owners with plenty of money should they chose to spend it on players but haven't we just blown that myth out of the water in favour of talent and hunger? Just watch this project go in terms of infastructre etc round the stadium and gradual team additions. There's the money to pay very good wages but an ethic not to sell the soul in a game of greed. I think it's a happy camp that now has worldwide noteriety which can win trophies and get a player into their national team. The futures bright, the futures blue and we are on the cusp of special things ahead. I believe that most if not all of our players will stay.

He reminded me of Knockaert yesterday the way he kept running into blind alleys and ignoring the runs and calls of hiis team-mates.

Mahrez is best when he balances taking people on with feeding the ball off quickly. When he increases the proportion of passes his dribbling often seems more dangerous and effective.

When he changes the balance to more dribbling and less passing he ends up trying to dribble even more to make up for the frustration of losing possession on other occasions and it's like a vicious circle.

With more passing Mahrez makes defenders uncertain about committing or marking him as tightly as they'd like. Another snag comes with his pronounced one-footedness which inclines him to turn back onto his left foot all the time. He needs to improve his game by showing greater ability, or willingness, to attack on his right side to, again, increase the uncertainty of his markers.

People talk about Mahrez as if he's some brilliant finished product. He's not and yesterday only emphasised how much room there is for  improvement.

I remember when Cristiano Ronaldo arrived at United. He was so raw but how rapidly and dramatically he improved and in so many aspects. Mahrez needs to do the same to help himself. He's got so much trickery but needs to improve the balance and success of his decision-making.         

I know all of you will not agree with me on this one and might shock you!

But I really believe it!

Slimani got the power and confidance even to bench Vardy!

When he first came to Sporting, Sporting had an effective striker Freddy Montero who was scoring almost every match and had even some hatricks. Slimani told his close friends, "you will see, I'll be playing as a starter in the second half of the season" and yes he did it, since then he benched Montero and never heard of him again.

Not saying he will do that with Vardy, but with his work in the field and end product we might see the coach choose him sometimes to play as a lone striker.

Note, Slimani has improved alot recently and averall since he joined Sporting.

You could get a job in the Arab League diplomatic service if they had one or, at the very least a promotional delegation for all things Algerian/Moroccan because you'd convince anyone that there was nothing more precious in the world than sand and camels.

It's clear Slimani is a good player with lots of qualities but he's about as much chance of replacing Vardy as the concrete lamp-post I chatted up once opposite the Swan and Rushes.

Vardy's not just about goals and assists he's about the spirit of Leicester City and everything the current regime stands for.

On the other hand Slimani hasn't even indicated that he wants to play for us as far as I'm aware, which kind of emphasises what I said about Vardy.

What you say also suggests Slimani plays for Slimani on the quiet. But Leicester need people who play for the club and all their team-mates who form a part of that club.  

You could get a job in the Arab League diplomatic service if they had one or, at the very least a promotional delegation for all things Algerian/Moroccan because you'd convince anyone that there was nothing more precious in the world than sand and camels.

It's clear Slimani is a good player with lots of qualities but he's about as much chance of replacing Vardy as the concrete lamp-post I chatted up once opposite the Swan and Rushes.

Vardy's not just about goals and assists he's about the spirit of Leicester City and everything the current regime stands for.

On the other hand Slimani hasn't even indicated that he wants to play for us as far as I'm aware, which kind of emphasises what I said about Vardy.

What you say also suggests Slimani plays for Slimani on the quiet. But Leicester need people who play for the club and all their team-mates who form a part of that club.  

I had the chance to visit the southern part of Algeria some long time ago. It is called Sahara and is the part supposed to carry sand and camels although I couldn't see any camels. My God, it is such a fairy and magical world.

Vardy's not just about goals and assists he's about the spirit of Leicester City and everything the current regime stands for.l

I read the first 2 lines, then I was disinterested, yakkk, lol

We are talking football, we are not talking countries, nations, races, arab league, sands and camels, Morocco and I don't know what else! lol... So let's keep it within the sport fair play, shall we?! :)

Comments like that make me remember one post I read refering to you from the spurs forum the fightingcock And I quote: "Those racist t****! " unquote. At that time I asked myself, 'are they really!?. Now some posts of yours like the couple lines I read earlier, to me, doesn't make any difference but just might prove them right!... It's simply pointless.

naa

Sorry mate, cheers!

Lets keep it football!

Now talking football: and you are talking about the spirit of Leicester city, ok nice try and excuse me to say very touching!

but I am talking football and competition, competition between players that is. which will benefit the team.

According to what I noticed in this forum, you regard Andy King in term of Leicester spirit exactly as what you mentioned about Vardy...then why didn't King start every match and wasn't benched?!!....See?, now you got my point, the spirit is good but you can't count only on it when you compete in football... you gottaa be realistic and tangible and you gotta deliver...

There is no shame or nothing wrong with being benched, maybe that will push you to work harder and will benefit you and the "team Spirit" in the long run.... so if King got benched by Kante' why not Vardy! As simple as that.

As for Slimani. Some people here are saying he is not fit for Leicester spirit (already judged and signed!) also you said Slimani doesn't play for the club or teammates!!...

Really?!!!...

Ok..  So I have a simple question:

Why is Renieri trying to get him to play in his system!??

Can't he see Slimani is not good for Leicester and doesn't play for the club and teammates?!

Can you answer that??!

Yeahhhh sure of course I forgot, you know better that Ranieri himself!

I had the chance to visit the southern part of Algeria some long time ago. It is called Sahara and is the part supposed to carry sand and camels although I couldn't see any camels. My God, it is such a fairy and magical world.

Two things, Algeria/Morocco are not really Arabic countries, my parents are Amazigh and none of my family speak Arabic after my grandparents. 

Also, there's no need to talk shit about a country like that. That's the ****ing most stupid and ignorant post I've ever seen. Almost no one lives in the Sahara, people live near the coastline and it's a Mediterranean climate, similar to Spain or Italy.

Fennecfox is pretty annoying and his English is pretty shitty, but you're wrong about slimani being slow and weak, he's a hell of an athlete. You clearly are taking a jab at him because of his bias.

If slimani comes, he's replacing Okazaki, not Vardy obviously. Duh.

Two things, Algeria/Morocco are not really Arabic countries, my parents are Amazigh and none of my family speak Arabic after my grandparents. 

Also, there's no need to talk shit about a country like that. That's the ****ing most stupid and ignorant post I've ever seen. Almost no one lives in the Sahara, people live near the coastline and it's a Mediterranean climate, similar to Spain or Italy.

Fennecfox is pretty annoying and his English is pretty shitty, but you're wrong about slimani being slow and weak, he's a hell of an athlete. You clearly are taking a jab at him because of his bias.

If slimani comes, he's replacing Okazaki, not Vardy obviously. Duh.

What? Are you crazy? I said nothing bad about anything. On the contrary, I said I was in love with the beauty of the Sahara region that I have visited. Now, please, kindly get off my way ... Also, can't you people keep this thread clean from your politics and crap like that ?!  It is about Mahrez and only Mahrez ...

Archived