Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
me_plus_one

Loaded onto card

I just bought a ticket to the Bournemouth home game, after finishing checkout it says "Loaded onto card" does this mean its gone onto my membership card?

It's always said paper ticket before, I wonder if I went through checkout too quickly and missed the paper ticket option.

Is this something the club are doing new for 2016? I bought a Manchester City ticket at the same time and that said paper ticket after checkout?

If a season ticket holder you get the choice. Once in basket you can use drop down menu to select loaded to card or paper ticket.

Don't know about members. Didn't realise your cards worked the same as season tickets but I could be wrong.

this means that you can use your membership card to enter the stadium just like a season ticket holder would, however you will need to make a note of where you are sitting as this will not show on your membership card as members do not have set seats.

Yes I know what you  mean, I am actually away for this game and got tickets for another fan.. so will now have to give my cards to them..so I think it will put a stop to being able to help out.. and that is all I was doing.. helping someone who can not afford a membership..

The scanner must recognise something then at the turnstiles for season tickets, maybe it is embedded in the card somewhere.

Thin end of the wedge I suspect. Next thing will be all the grounds networked together, and away tickets will get loaded to ST cards as well, effectively stopping ST holders buying tickets and passing them on. You will just use your loaded ST at away games. That will shut down our ticket exchange thread overnight

Oh, thank you, there is no bar code on the membership cards though, so not sure how it will work, but thanks for asking, was going to call and ask..

i instantly replied asking the same and got this reply:

There is a chip inside the membership cards so you will not need a barcode, paper tickets will still be an option should you want a paper ticket instead of using your membership card.

helping someone who can not afford a membership..

The scanner must recognise something then at the turnstiles for season tickets, maybe it is embedded in the card somewhere.

If someone can't afford a £20 membership then how will they afford a match ticket plus all the other things you buy on the day, beer, food etc.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that at all. It won't stop it though as fans will hand cards out and then get them back after, it's a bit of a pain maybe if you're not at the ground or reguarly see them but isn't it all to cut down on printing tickets and posting them?

A lot of clubs do it this way now to save money long term.

Yes a chip is in the ST card, members would be the same I guess, it doesn't matter which way you put it in either, always randomise mine, upside down, opposite end. ;)

Thin end of the wedge I suspect. Next thing will be all the grounds networked together, and away tickets will get loaded to ST cards as well, effectively stopping ST holders buying tickets and passing them on. You will just use your loaded ST at away games. That will shut down our ticket exchange thread overnight

I can't see that happening, even train travel hasn't moved to an oyster system yet like tfl so all clubs linking up is many years off.

Especially as some like Forest still have season books with numbered pages you rip out each game, remember those days!

If someone can't afford a £20 membership then how will they afford a match ticket plus all the other things you buy on the day, beer, food etc.

20 pound membership.. not many 20 membership holders get chance to 2 buy tickets of choice for games do they, I have a gold membership and unless on the site pretty quick dont usually get exactly what I want, even at a minute past minute last night the seats I wanted were gone.

20 pound membership.. not many 20 membership holders get chance to 2 buy tickets of choice for games do they, I have a gold membership and unless on the site pretty quick dont usually get exactly what I want, even at a minute past minute last night the seats I wanted were gone.

could be worse. could be family like me and have to ring up at 9am and get a great load of ****all in the family stand thanks to it. 

I also bought tickets last night and the Man City ones say paper ticket but the Bournemouth ones say Access card.. all purchased at same time, same check out. so not sure what that means..

Same thing for me.. It's a bit if a pain to have to remember what seat you're in!

Archived