Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ESPN Correspondent

ESPN Leicester City Column

hmm should be. I've logged in before to soccernet so my machine's probably got a cookie for the site, meaning i dont need to specify location once i've done it initially. Im sure its got something like europe or uk in the options. what do you see?

Are you on about member registration? because where you click on country theres no England.

not member registration (?!) ..

here it is step by step;

Go to http://soccernet.espn.go.com/origin?cameFr...Fleague%3Deng.1

If you using the site for the first time it'll ask you what your region is;

"So that we know a little more about our worldwide audience, please select which region you are viewing this website from:

- Europe/UK

- USA/Canada

- Australia/New Zealand

- Asia

- Other

"

Pick Europe/UK and click on 'Set Region'

This will take you to the Correspondents page, scroll past the premiership clubs to the bottom and you'll see Leicester in the bottom left hand corner. Click that and you have it... no member registration required mate

Levein to be sacked?? F U C K OFF

He's the first manager who's been brave enough to try and build something here and not go down the short fix route for personal gain. Even Martin O'Neill was quite short sighted in the fact that once he left he knew Leicester wouldn't survive because most of the players were past their best. Levein is signing young and hungry players who are desperate to achieve and will get better and better each season.

It takes time to build something like that and although he needs to shoulder some of the blame when we lose matches, we are slowly improving and after watching some of the shite that's been churned out under previous managers when we've had a bigger tunrover of staff than McDonalds it's a breath of fresh air.

I'm fully behind Levein and even if it takes 3 years to get back in the premiership i'm prepared to wait, all i'm asking for is improvement and for the club to develop the academy and have a strong young core in the team. If Levein left we'd be in an even worse position and getting in to the premiership would be out of the question.

People who are calling for Levein's head are ludicrous, obviously these people haven't given it much thought. If you can come up with a solution that would solve the problems we have and make us a better team with a solid foundation then i'm all ears. But I doubt anybody has.

Nice post couldn't have put it better myself

not member registration (?!) ..

here it is step by step;

Go to http://soccernet.espn.go.com/origin?cameFr...Fleague%3Deng.1

If you using the site for the first time it'll ask you what your region is;

"So that we know a little more about our worldwide audience, please select which region you are viewing this website from:

- Europe/UK

- USA/Canada

- Australia/New Zealand

- Asia

- Other

"

Pick Europe/UK and click on 'Set Region'

This will take you to the Correspondents page, scroll past the premiership clubs to the bottom and you'll see Leicester in the bottom left hand corner. Click that and you have it... no member registration required mate

Cheers mate ive joined. Couldnt find how to chat to city fans tho, or other fans.

Give people time matey, it's not exactly been the busiest time on the boards that you've posted it in ;):D

And why are you going to call for Levein's head? :S

It does no good to chop and change manager every two minutes.

CL is in the middle of totally rebuilding Leicester and it's going to take time. We'll be all the better for it if we're all just a bit more patient.

It's a long term process, not a short term one (Micky could never understand this).

There are some of us think some Leicester Mercury heads should roll so talk about the pot calling the kettle,

Nice post couldn't have put it better myself

I have been sternly critical of Levein over his caution and his not believing he has an obligation to his fans and the game (two things I hope he will be big enough to alter his stance on) but I'm rock solid behind that post of yours. Excellent. Overall he's doing a cracking job - and giving Chambers his cameo was another milestone.

People should not always take criticism as meaning they are "against" whoever the target is. Criticism can be well meant and I can tell you this: I'm much more critical of myself, especially on the golf course where I regularly do another round as "punishment" for a low score - or remain practising on a par-three course until I've scored, say, 25 birdies.

That's just the way I am (so I'm sure he'll get some more flack especially if he does another Wovles) but I also believe Levein is probably one of the best three managers Leicester have had since the 1950's.

Indeed his caution probably indicates that he doesn't yet know how good he could be.

Alright people a confession...

I'm not actually as anti-Levein as I suggested. I posted that to get a reaction and gauge his level of support. Could you please stop abusing me now?

I can't think of one reason you got the job. You sound like a f...g disgrace to journalism. You've got no sincereity for a start. I can stand all kinds of arguments, ones I agree with and one's that make me think again but if you can't even be sincere then you're pretty low.

This is a bloke's job you are talking about - and the shit you've talked so far doesn't suggest you'll get any sort of respect from people who genuinely care about football and Leicester City.

I'd love to listen to you stand in front of Levein and justify saying he's the worst manager at City for a decade. Thankfully the vast majority of dedicated and knowledgeable fans who use this site have given chapter and verse about what Levein has done for this club. You would do well to digest what they have had to say before you spread the phlegm from your mouth over people who don't deserve it.

I have been critical of Levein (just on one or two aspects that have irked me alongside the dozen or so that have set him apart from many of his predessessors as one of the BEST managers the club has had).

But the difference with my criticism is that I would happily look him in the eye and justify my viewpoint and tell him sincerely that it was well meant and aimed at strengthening his position at the club rather than the other way around.

You criticise Levein then you say your not really anti-Levein... You're just like Tony Blair. You speak with a forked tongue which is bloody great for a journalist. And you are just like the tabloid newspapers who get various correspondents to predict the result of a Cup Final then highlight the one the was correct and claim "We got it right"

You'll gather I'm angry. I knew many wonderful journalists like Barbara Jones, Tim Ewart, Richard Littlejohn, Susan Jay, Hugh Southon, Tony Francis, Dickie Rutnagur, Lawrie Simpkin, Jimmy Martin, Doug Johnson and Bob Baldwin who have graced the world of journalism and broadcasting like beacons in a black night.

What a sad, sad day it'll be if you somehow get to join em.

I can't think of one reason you got the job. You sound like a f...g disgrace to journalism. You've got no sincereity for a start. I can stand all kinds of arguments, ones I agree with and one's that make me think again but if you can't even be sincere then you're pretty low.

This is a bloke's job you are talking about - and the shit you've talked so far doesn't suggest you'll get any sort of respect from people who genuinely care about football and Leicester City.

I'd love to listen to you stand in front of Levein and justify saying he's the worst manager at City for a decade. Thankfully the vast majority of dedicated and knowledgeable fans who use this site have given chapter and verse about what Levein has done for this club. You would do well to digest what they have had to say before you spread the phlegm from your mouth over people who don't deserve it.

I have been critical of Levein (just on one or two aspects that have irked me alongside the dozen or so that have set him apart from many of his predessessors as one of the BEST managers the club has had).

But the difference with my criticism is that I would happily look him in the eye and justify my viewpoint and tell him sincerely that it was well meant and aimed at strengthening his position at the club rather than the other way around.

You criticise Levein then you say your not really anti-Levein... You're just like Tony Blair. You speak with a forked tongue with is bloody great for a journalist. And you are just like the tabloid newspapers who get various correspondents to predict the result of a Cup Final then highlight the one the was correct and claim "We got it right"

You'll gather I'm angry. I knew many wonderful journalists like Barbara Jones, Tim Ewart, Richard Littlejohn, Susan Jay, Hugh Southon, Tony Francis, Dickie Rutnagur, Lawrie Simpkin, Jimmy Martin, Doug Johnson and Bob Baldwin who have graced the world of journalism and broadcasting like beacons in a black night.

You criticise Levein then you say your not really anti-Levein... You're just like Tony Blair. You speak with a forked tongue with is bloody great for a journalist. And you are just like the tabloid newspapers who get various correspondents to predict the result of a Cup Final then highlight the one the was correct and claim "We got it right"

Look mate it is my job to stand in front of Levein every week and tell him my thoughts. And for the record I look him in the eye.

Archived