Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Do They Owe Us?

Guest Cujek

Nonsense. It is about opportunity. I don't know what you do for a living but I've worked for the same firm for 16 years. They aren't the biggest company or the most prestigious in their field. I'm happy doing what I do but if one of those bigger more prestige companies was to approach me and offered me a job with them which just happened to involve a pay rise then I would at least consider. Not because I'm disloyal to who I work for but because from my own sense of ambition I might like to work for what is generally considered to be the best in the business. The same applies to anyone from our team. People need to remember who we are. Yes we won the league and yes we will play European football next season but if anyone seriously thinks any player wouldn't seriously consider an offer from say Real Madrid or Barcelona then they need to think again. These sorts of clubs are the leading brands in global football. What player would not want to at least consider a chance to move to one? It is the pinnacle of their profession outside international football.

Did you see real last night? I honestly think we would have beat them if they played like that against us.

I'm sure n3xt season will be a different story.

But to use your analogy, why would you leave an up and coming company that as a team you can help reach its full potential and go down in the history books.

Or leave for the so called best in the business and be just another person in a massive office where nobody really knows what you do?

Unless of course they offer to pay you 10x what you on, then as I say it just comes down to money.

You also have to remember that football is not a normal type of job, so comparing it to mine or yours is a little daft.

But we have a vested interest and a love of the club.

To them it's a job.

I want them to stay. Want them to see what they can do next year. Cl and Pl.

But if you work at pukka pies and samworth brothers offer you 50k a week more for the same role. Do you stay.

Do you ****.

Yes but the whole point is we are no longer " pukka pies " are we ?  we are champions of England we are going to play in the champions league . If that doesn't motivate some sort of loyalty then nothing will.  If they believe in themselves and don't think it was a fluke winning the premiership why would you want to go elsewhere ?  For the life of me i can't think why anyone still thinks we are a stepping stone to bigger things , we are the champions by a whopping ten points , it doesn't come any bigger than that.

It's not as if we are paying them chicken feed in wages is it ? come next season and we will be able to pay them even more , so if it's just about the money that they care about then by all means fook off  we are a better club than that.

It's their job.

If a company approaches you and says "hey we'll give you 5k more for you to do the same job" what are you going to do?[/quote

That's not really a valid argument is it though. £5k extra a year for most of us normal folks is a massive pay rise. None of these players are worrying about money. They live more than comfortably on the wages they earn so the quality of life they have is the primary consideration for them. An equivalent would be if someone offered you £1k more but it meant moving house, kids schools etc. Then it's a bit more of a decision. Just my humble opinion.

But we have a vested interest and a love of the club.

To them it's a job.

I want them to stay. Want them to see what they can do next year. Cl and Pl.

But if you work at pukka pies and samworth brothers offer you 50k a week more for the same role. Do you stay.

Do you ****.

I'd say if Samworth Brothers were paying their Senior Piemakers that sort of salary, then they're quickly going out of business.

You made them = They made you.

They owe you = You owe them

They made Fame, name and money = You made Fame, name and money

therefore...

Nobody owes Nobody.

Appreciation & respect from all parties remains and should prevail.

"Do they owe us" lol  More like how can we possibly repay them for this achievement.

You made them = They made you.

They owe you = You owe them

They made Fame, name and money = You made Fame, name and money

therefore...

Nobody owes Nobody.

Appreciation & respect from all parties remains and should prevail.

My God you're an odious something something.

Archived