Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Do They Owe Us?

If they leave the only reason is money, if they leave for that then they are more than welcome to FOAD for all I care, good riddance.

We can then replace with people who want to play here.

Nonsense. It is about opportunity. I don't know what you do for a living but I've worked for the same firm for 16 years. They aren't the biggest company or the most prestigious in their field. I'm happy doing what I do but if one of those bigger more prestige companies was to approach me and offered me a job with them which just happened to involve a pay rise then I would at least consider. Not because I'm disloyal to who I work for but because from my own sense of ambition I might like to work for what is generally considered to be the best in the business. The same applies to anyone from our team. People need to remember who we are. Yes we won the league and yes we will play European football next season but if anyone seriously thinks any player wouldn't seriously consider an offer from say Real Madrid or Barcelona then they need to think again. These sorts of clubs are the leading brands in global football. What player would not want to at least consider a chance to move to one? It is the pinnacle of their profession outside international football.

We the fans owe the players nothing and they owe us nothing. This season will go down in history as one of the best ever in the top league and for Leicester fans the players will live in our hearts and souls forever. We would all love this to go on forever but that's not reality. Whoever stays I'll personally be so gratified but regardless like most on here we are Leicester through and through and this year something insane happened.

New year coming up and it will be great. I so believe in this club and the owners. All players are replaceable and with this group expect us to strengthen. Remember Cambiasso

I think owe is a strong word, but for want of a better one...

Vardy owes us we plucked him from nowhere, other clubs looked but didn't touch, we invested money in him, we supported him when he struggled, through his off field indiscretions and possible drinking and depression. We gave him the best training possible to unlock his potential, we turned him into what he is today. If he left for any club I would be bitterly disappointed with him.

Whereas:

We owe Kante, we found him, bought him, played him, he was amazing and won us the league, we may have finessed his game a little, but without us he would have made his way to the top anyway. He doesn't owe us anything he took a bigger chance on us than we did on him. If he does leave then all I will say is thank you for this season and good luck.

Mahrez is in between.

It's their job.

If a company approaches you and says "hey we'll give you 5k more for you to do the same job" what are you going to do?

Always a pointless argument. 5k extra for someone earning £25,000 a year is a lot of money and might change a few things in their life. 20k or even 40k a week extra for someone earning 100k really means nothing. It would not change their life at all. 

Happiness at that level should be the key for most players. If they feel they would be happier at another club, then fair enough. 

Always a pointless argument. 5k extra for someone earning £25,000 a year is a lot of money and might change a few things in their life. 20k or even 40k a week extra for someone earning 100k really means nothing. It would not change their life at all. 

Happiness at that level should be the key for most players. If they feel they would be happier at another club, then fair enough. 

I wasn't using footballers, as such, more the OP (and all of us) in general. The 5k example I used was aimed at us, if you like. None of us are attached to jobs where we feel we owe them something and footballer's will feel the same way. The likes of Le Tissier and Gerrard, doing absolutely everything for your hometown club, doesn't seem to happen anymore. It's modern football.

I wasn't using footballers, as such, more the OP (and all of us) in general. The 5k example I used was aimed at us, if you like. None of us are attached to jobs where we feel we owe them something and footballer's will feel the same way. The likes of Le Tissier and Gerrard, doing absolutely everything for your hometown club, doesn't seem to happen anymore. It's modern football.

It's hard to compare being a footballer to any normal job though. We don't have 30,000 or even 240,000 people like on the parade cheering us and chanting our names. So they might gain a level of attachment to a club that we don't have. We might just sit in an office or whatever, which would look the same as any office around the country. 

I don't think they owe us though, it's up to them if they feel they can be happier elsewhere. The grass is not always greener on the other side though and at their level, the extra money they would earn wouldn't change a great deal for them. 

If we had finished second then I think we'd be even more disappointed if anyone left leaving the feeling of unfinished business. This was our best chance and we took it. Relax. Enjoy the summer, what will be will be.

There are no loyalty from club and fans either. If Huth or Simpson for example underperforms in the 12-18 months fans will be asking to sign replacements and the club will look to discard them.

Our players have done their bit in winning the league, if any of them want to move on for money, family reasons or even to play for the team of their dreams let them go, I would happily thank them for a fantastic season and would cheer when their name was announced should we play against them in the future unless they dissed the club after leaving.

No player is bigger than the club and can be replaced but we will always be able to look at the records and see 2015-16 Leicester City Premier League Champions.

Hope they all stay and with a few good additions the world is at our feet!

They don't owe us because loyalty is a rare commodity in football. We only care about our players because they are good, if they were bad we'd get rid of them at the first opportunity. Take Chilwell for example we demand his loyalty but couldn't give a hoot about the lad who is the same age, joined at the same time and we're releasing because he's not good enough.

However if any of our players jump ship against our will they will forever be tainted in my eyes. They've proved to be part of the best team in the country this last year and by quite some distance too. Whilst we're still on an upwards trajectory I'll be gutted if anyone of them start the exodus especially if it's to another PL club. 

If we plateau next season then fair enough but I don't want this journey to end here, I want to keep moving forward and prove this season isn't a fluke and a one off. 

Loyalty dies with money.

Be thankful for what we witnessed and move on. If its a sideways step (same money or slightly more) perhaps you could feel a bit annoyed but chances are we are talking huge money. You never know when you might have a career ending injury so a footy playetr has to make the cream while they are hot. Loved when hot, forgotten when not.

These arent lcfc academy trained since 5 years of age or leicester born and bred players.

That said as a fan of course i "feel" that they owe us to stay forever lol.

They don't owe us because loyalty is a rare commodity in football. We only care about our players because they are good, if they were bad we'd get rid of them at the first opportunity. Take Chilwell for example we demand his loyalty but couldn't give a hoot about the lad who is the same age, joined at the same time and we're releasing because he's not good enough.

That's a good point that many football fans forget. Not just City fans but football fans in general.

If we sold Benny in the summer where's the loyalty from the club towards him? Where are the loyalty to the numerous 18-19 year olds we've released who are now playing for lower league clubs? Fans didn't care about loyalty when it came to Billy McKay, Billy Kee and Ashley Chambers. But because Chilwell is one of better kids we expect loyalty from him.

Nope but if someone came and said they would give you say a 30%+ raise would you turn it down? Thats a lot of money to pass up on.

As I said earlier, you can't compare a footballer to us. If Kante or Mahrez sign a new contract they would probably make £20 million over 4 years. A few million extra won't make much difference to them. There are only so many houses and cars you can buy! 30% extra for us, would be quite a lot.

As I said earlier, you can't compare a footballer to us. If Kante or Mahrez sign a new contract they would probably make £20 million over 4 years. A few million extra won't make much difference to them. There are only so many houses and cars you can buy! 30% extra for us, would be quite a lot.

20 mill is going to be 10 mill after tax. if they go for an extra 50k/week, then that's 10 mill more over four years. That means they take home 15 m instead of 10 mill. You have no idea how big their families are. I'm sure they want to spread their wealth - I suspect that Riyad, for example, must have charitable involvements where he grew up. that extra 5 mill does make a difference. and who is to say that they don't suffer a career ending injury during their contract. Then this 15 mill is what they will have to survive on for the rest of their days. with their lifestyle, suddenly that extra 5 mill is very important to them.

20 mill is going to be 10 mill after tax. if they go for an extra 50k/week, then that's 10 mill more over four years. That means they take home 15 m instead of 10 mill. You have no idea how big their families are. I'm sure they want to spread their wealth - I suspect that Riyad, for example, must have charitable involvements where he grew up. that extra 5 mill does make a difference. and who is to say that they don't suffer a career ending injury during their contract. Then this 15 mill is what they will have to survive on for the rest of their days. with their lifestyle, suddenly that extra 5 mill is very important to them.

His lifestyle would not be affected at all like I said though. Yes you can give more money away if you want, but his lifestyle would not change. He would be earning a lot more than 10 mill anyway when you add on bonuses, sponsorship etc etc. 

I wouldn't blame them if they did want to do that and earn more money, it's up them. I'm just saying that it's not as clear cut a decision as if me or you were given a 30-50% pay rise.

Relax. Enjoy the summer, what will be will be.

This

Our players have done their bit in winning the league, if any of them want to move on for money, family reasons or even to play for the team of their dreams let them go, I would happily thank them for a fantastic season and would cheer when their name was announced should we play against them in the future unless they dissed the club after leaving.

No player is bigger than the club and can be replaced but we will always be able to look at the records and see 2015-16 Leicester City Premier League Champions.

Hope they all stay and with a few good additions the world is at our feet!

This

they dont owe us shit. they could all come my house and shit all over my living room floor and they'd still be my heroes for the rest of my life. 

And definitely this  lol  lol  lol

they dont owe us shit. they could all come my house and shit all over my living room floor and they'd still be my heroes for the rest of my life.

Question is, would you take the poo to extract DNA and clone a kante as you own son?

Look at it another way.

We as fans are loyal to the club but to individual players?  No.

Just look at the transfer section and all the posts discussing players to upgrade on the likes of Simpson and Albrighton after the season they have had.

So loyalty does not exist.  Not for them and not for us except toward the club.

I will be gutted if any of our best players go but also I will always be grateful for their achievements.  Our grandchildren will be able to name the starting eleven that won the league.  Legends!

Josh Low owes us

Momo Sylla owes us

Lee Marshall owes us

This lot owe us nothing. They went above and beyond what was expected of them and delivered a premier league trophy to our city. For the majority of them a move wouldn't be beneficial for their playing career. If they do move they'll still be idolised and heroes

Jason Jarrett owes us.

Peter Canero owes us.

Archived