Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfclad2013

Serge Atakayi

Rangers are looking to beat English champions Leicester City to the signature of Finnish starlet Serge Atakayi.

The Ibrox side have scouted the FF Jaro winger in his last two games in Finland and have seen enough to offer him a trial.

Atakayi, 17, spent a week at Leicester City earlier this year and the shock title winners promised to keep tabs on the talented youngster, who has also been at Fulham on trial.

He was born in Congo, but plays in the top tier in Finland for FF Jaro after moving there when he was 11 and has represented the Finnish youth sides.

Atakayi can play on either wing, made his league debut at 16 and is the youngest player to score in Finnish football.

Seems like Rangers are going to sign this guy that were interested in? Never heard of him myself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3674400/Rangers-rival-Leicester-City-starlet-Serge-Atakayi-scouts-watch-winger-Finland.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Rangers are looking to beat English champions Leicester City to the signature of Finnish starlet Serge Atakayi.

The Ibrox side have scouted the FF Jaro winger in his last two games in Finland and have seen enough to offer him a trial.

Atakayi, 17, spent a week at Leicester City earlier this year and the shock title winners promised to keep tabs on the talented youngster, who has also been at Fulham on trial.

He was born in Congo, but plays in the top tier in Finland for FF Jaro after moving there when he was 11 and has represented the Finnish youth sides.

Atakayi can play on either wing, made his league debut at 16 and is the youngest player to score in Finnish football.

Seems like Rangers are going to sign this guy that were interested in? Never heard of him myself.

Me neither, but then we do seem to have a number of players on trial, especially during pre-seasons, I wonder if we are still keeping tabs on him as suggested, would an offer from Rangers force our hand and make a bid, or did we not rate him that highly at the time?

Also, you would think his chances of playing at Rangers would be greater. Maybe we can sign him and loan him out to them lol

Me neither, but then we do seem to have a number of players on trial, especially during pre-seasons, I wonder if we are still keeping tabs on him as suggested, would an offer from Rangers force our hand and make a bid, or did we not rate him that highly at the time?

Also, you would think his chances of playing at Rangers would be greater. Maybe we can sign him and loan him out to them lol

Could well be depends on how much he impressed us whilst on trial and whether it's worth going in for him? Seems very much a prospect than a first team signing.

If we rated him that highly we would have signed him there and then.

It was probably a case of he showed a bit of promise but you can't sign everyone who does otherwise there'd be 100*17 year olds at the club.

Archived