Tayls10 Posted 26 October 2016 Posted 26 October 2016 I recently acquired the man of the match trophy presented to David Speedie following a 3-2 win against Northampton. I wondered if any of your die hard fans might be interested in it or if anyone had any memories of the game. I hope the link works. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162253950573?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
promised land Posted 26 October 2016 Posted 26 October 2016 I think you're being optimistic with the starting bid, I always start things at 99p no reserve, it will find its market value by the end. Things always do. £60 is quite high to be starting at.
themightyfin Posted 26 October 2016 Posted 26 October 2016 Do you have any provenance / history proof?
Tayls10 Posted 26 October 2016 Author Posted 26 October 2016 I acquired it from Stacey's Auctioneers in Essex which is a reputable seller of sports memorabilia. It doesn't come with any documentation to support its provenance.
themightyfin Posted 27 October 2016 Posted 27 October 2016 19 hours ago, Tayls10 said: I acquired it from Stacey's Auctioneers in Essex which is a reputable seller of sports memorabilia. It doesn't come with any documentation to support its provenance. Anyone can buy these online for around £10 engraved with your own message so with no proof I think you will struggle anyone can put any message on and make up whatever they want.
purpleronnie Posted 27 October 2016 Posted 27 October 2016 Still haven't forgiven him for 'that' dive.
HighPeakFox Posted 27 October 2016 Posted 27 October 2016 5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said: Still haven't forgiven him for 'that' dive. I think perhaps it's time to move on...
Tayls10 Posted 1 November 2016 Author Posted 1 November 2016 On 27/10/2016 at 21:06, kyleolly said: That was the first game I ever went to. This would be a lovely item to commemorate your first ever match.
purpleronnie Posted 1 November 2016 Posted 1 November 2016 On 10/27/2016 at 21:21, HighPeakFox said: I think perhaps it's time to move on... It's not something that keeps me up at night, that doesn't mean I would want to buy something to remind me of that moment.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.