Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Start Okazaki CF

On 1/22/2017 at 16:53, the fox said:

CF is, and i quote

"Centre Forward- The centre-forward is often a tall player, typically known as a target man, whose main function is to score the majority of goals on behalf of the team. The player may also be used to win long balls or receive passes and retain possession of the ball as team-matesadvance, to help teammates score by providing a pass ('through ball' into the box); the latter variation usually requiring quicker pace. Most modern centre-forwards operate in front of the second strikers or central attacking midfielders, and do the majority of the ball handling outside the box. The present role of centre-forward is sometimes interchangeable with that of an attacking midfielder, especially in the 4–3–1–2 or 4–1–2–1–2 formations. A centre-forward usually must be strong, to win key headers and 'outmuscle' defenders. The term centre-forward is taken from the early football playing formation in which there were fiveforward players: two outside forwards, twoinside forwards, and one centre-forward.
When numbers were introduced in the 1933English FA Cup final, one of the two centre-forwards that day wore the number nine –Everton's Dixie Dean a strong, powerful forward who had set the record for the most goals scored in one season in English football during the 1927–28 season. The number would then become synonymous with the centre-forward position (only one that day because one team was numbered 1–11 whilst the other was numbered 12–22).

-And a number 10 (playmaker) is  "

In association football, a playmaker is a player who controls the flow of the team's offensive play, and is often involved in passing moves which lead togoals, through their vision, technique, ball control, creativity, and passing ability.[1]

In English football, the term overlaps somewhat with an attacking midfielder, but the two types of midfielders are not necessarily the same, as playmakers are not necessarily constrained to a single position. Several playmakers can also operate on the wings, or as a creative, supporting striker; some can also function in a more central midfield role, alternating between playing in more offensive roles and participating in the build-up plays in the midfield. Other players still function as deep-lying playmakers, in a free role, behind the mid-field line. Playmakers are not usually known for their defensive capabilities, which is why they are often supported by a defensive midfielder. As many midfielders and forwards have the aforementioned creative and technical attributes, they tend to be the playmakers of a team"

I think you mean a second striker. And if so "Second Stricker-
Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe their playing activity has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre-forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second, or shadow, or support, or auxiliary striker and, in what is in fact a distinct position unto its own, the Number 10, Diego Maradona who is often described as an attacking midfielder or the playmaker.
The second striker position is a loosely defined and most often misapplied description of a player positioned somewhere between the out-and-out striker, whether he is a target-man or more of a poacher, and theNumber 10 attacking midfielder, while possibly showing some of the characteristics of both. In fact, a coined term, the "nine-and-a-half", has been an attempt to become a standard in defining the position. Conceivably, a Number 10 can alternate as a second-striker provided that he is also a prolific goalscorer, otherwise a mobile forward with good technical ability (dribbling and ball control), who can both score andcreate opportunities for a less versatile centre-forward, is more suited. Second or support strikers do not tend to get as involved in the orchestration of attacks as the Number 10, nor do they bring as many other players into play, since they do not share the burden of responsibility, functioning predominantly as assist providers.
Outside Forward-
An outside forward plays as the advanced forward on the right or left wing – as anoutside right or outside left, typically as part of a 2–3–5 formation or one of its variants. As football tactics have largely developed, and wingers have dropped back to becomemidfielders, the terminology has changed and "outside forward" has become a historical term. Many commentators and football analysts still refer to the wing positions as "outside right" and "outside left".
The responsibilities of an outside forward include but are not limited to:

• Scoring: their first option should be to shoot, while their second option should be to find another way to create a goal opportunity for the team.
  • Passing: when they run into a shooting angle that is unlikely to become a goal, they must find a way to pass the ball to the middle of the penalty box area allowing the centre-forwards to finish the job.

Due to these responsibilities some of the most important attributes include:

• Good dribbling and circumventing defenders
  • Speed as a necessity to produce effective counter-attacks"

The highlighted part in the last quote doesn't exactly describe

okazaki, does it.

unnamed (2).gif

Oh yeah you're right I meant second striker, sorry :) 

BTW, thanks for that association football lesson mate you've been almost as enlightening as your avatar! Methinks it would be nice to sign this Maradona lad. I saw his youtube highlights and he doesn't look half bad! But can he press & smile like Shinji??

1 hour ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Oh yeah you're right I meant second striker, sorry :) 

BTW, thanks for that association football lesson mate you've been almost as enlightening as your avatar! Methinks it would be nice to sign this Maradona lad. I saw his youtube highlights and he doesn't look half bad! But can he press & smile like Shinji??

I take it that you are talking about curry. And all i can tell you is that he can go super saiyan. So yeah, he can be good. And about the smile, people say that he is a baby face. So, I can comfortably say that he has a better smile

Okazaki's best role is a 45minute no.10/striker - as in he can run around like a mad man, closing down and pressing from the front and creating opportunities for others. 

After that, his limitations become evident. He is not a natural goal scorer for us. He struggles to hold up the ball and he has no creative flair. 

His most useful attribute is his work rate and energy but that can only be useful for so long. My instructions would be "you have 45 minutes to disrupt the defence and run yourself into the ground!" 

It obviously means making a change at half-time but we did it many times last season and it seemed to work really well. I don't think he will start many games for us anyway, but that's just personally how I would try to get the best out of him. 

Archived