Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Start Okazaki CF

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

What does he do for the team exactly. He is not a striker and he is not a midfielder. He isn't the best passer, shooter or finisher and not a aerial threat. He get's dropped every time he is touched. And don't tell me he " links the play". Because I never have seen any of his "link-up play" ever. We are pretty much playing with 10 players.

I'd say you've missed few games this season and most of last season...

I understand there's lot of individual frustration atm but if he had a poor game (and who exactly hadn't?) he's been still one of our better players this season. Even if that means mediocrity at best :rolleyes: It's not that Moose, Slim or Vards are any better currently.

2 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I understand there's lot of individual frustration atm but if he had a poor game (and who exactly hadn't?) he's been still one of our better players this season. Even if that means mediocrity at best :rolleyes: It's not that Moose, Slim or Vards are any better currently.

They are though. Bang out of form, they are still better. 

9 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

1-I missed about 3-4 league games max last season. And 2-3 league games this season.

He is not all that and I thought that when we were winning. He doesn't do anything apart from running around and getting a few fouls here and there. He is just not good enough to be a first team player

2- no he is a not one of our best players this season

3- slim is a lot better than okazaki.

Just now, Chester Dontlie said:

Not really. Slim scored the most but has one good game in three, Musa still can't find his feet, same goes for Vardy. So how are they any better? They all seem pretty disfunctional to me

I can't remember the last game Okazaki had a better than 7/10. It seems the summit of the expectations of him. 

1 minute ago, the fox said:

1-I missed about 3-4 league games max last season. And 2-3 league games this season.

He is not all that and I thought that when we were winning. He doesn't do anything apart from running around and getting a few fouls here and there. He is just good to be a first team player

2-be he is a not one of our best players this season

3- slim is a lot better than okazaki.

3 - says you mate! He should prove that on the pitch, but haven't done it so far. I know the prices are inflated but I've expected more from a 30 mln signing, thats all. And while we're at it, Mahrez is nowhere to find this season, he's form is gone.

Well what I mean is, it's hard to point one player at this moment who would set an example to the rest of the team with his good performances, wouldn't you agree?

4 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Not really. Slim scored the most but has one good game in three, Musa still can't find his feet, same goes for Vardy. So how are they any better? They all seem pretty disfunctional to me

He won us games and that is all that matter. Apart from the Newcastle game. Okazaki didn't win us a game.

18 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

3 - says you mate! He should prove that on the pitch, but haven't done it so far. I know the prices are inflated but I've expected more from a 30 mln signing, thats all. And while we're at it, Mahrez is nowhere to find this season, he's form is gone.

Well what I mean is, it's hard to point one player at this moment who would set an example to the rest of the team with his good performances, wouldn't you agree?

He did a lot more then okazaki this season

The winning goal vs Porto (3 points)

The winning goal vs west win (3 points)

2 goals against Burnley in a 3-0 win (3 points)

The winning assist vs Copenhagen ( CL 3 points)

Last minutes pen to drew boro 2-2 (1 point)

2 assists vs man city ( 3 points)

He was a major contributor in 10 of 21 points in the league and directly contributed to 6 points of the 10 from the CL and he has two game winning goals. I would say he is a lot better then okazaki.

28 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Huh?

41 minutes ago, the fox said:

What does he do for the team exactly. He is not a striker and he is not a midfielder. He isn't the best passer, shooter or finisher and not a aerial threat. He get's dropped every time he is touched. And don't tell me he " links the play". Because I never have seen any of his "link-up play" ever. We are pretty much playing with 10 players.

Shinji's main role was to run himself to the ground for 60 minutes, harass the defenders when we lost the ball actively contributing to the very high pressing. And occasionally get the ball in.

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

He did a lot more then okazaki this season

The winning goal vs Porto (3 points)

The winning goal vs west ham (3 points)

2 goals against Burnley in a 3-0 wim (3 points)

The winning assist vs Copenhagen ( CL 3 points)

Last minutes pen to drew boro 2-2 (1 point)

2 assists vs man city ( 3 points)

He was a major contributor in 10 of 21 pointa in the league and directly contributed to 6 points of the 10 from the CL and he has two game winning goals. I would say he is a lot better then okazaki.

Well there are few game-winning performances (Okazaki had few as well for example against Brugge and Crystal Palace), but the stats dont tell you the whole story. You don't mention Slim's poor games at all which were more often than his good ones. I mean, when he's bad, he's shockingly bad. So I wouldn't say he's any better than Okazaki and certainly not "a lot". I just expected more from him, considering the price tag. If he cost 15 mln I wouldn't complain that much. But half the season passed and the guy still has trouble with keeping the ball at his feet.

Okazaki had a brilliant debut last season at home to Sunderland and he scored that spectacular overhead winner v Newcastle. Other than that he has invariably been the most annoyingly wasteful player in the team (though Albrighton has been giving him a good run for his money this season).

1 hour ago, the fox said:

You're not allowed to state facts around here pal.

Okazaki is great because he runs around a lot and smiles a lot.

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Well there are few game-winning performances (Okazaki had few as well for example against Brugge and Crystal Palace), but the stats dont tell you the whole story. You don't mention Slim's poor games at all which were more often than his good ones. I mean, when he's bad, he's shockingly bad. So I wouldn't say he's any better than Okazaki and certainly not "a lot". I just expected more from him, considering the price tag. If he cost 15 mln I wouldn't complain that much. But half the season passed and the guy still has trouble with keeping the ball at his feet.

1-Oh stop it. Those are not game winning performances and you know it. He was not even the best player in a 2-1 and a 3-1 games.

2- yes I did and I can link you a comment

3- like oka is any better, his best games are 7/10s

4- and that will never change because he is not that kind of player.

And your point about " the stat not showing every thing" . you could say the same for slimani. He runs all game and never gave up.

23 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

Okazaki is a decent passenger.

When he plays you just hope you don't notice him. If you do, it's probably not good. 

A sad but true depiction of Okazaki.

He spends a lot of time on the deck on his arse. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't dribble, no aerial abilities, limited pace, no technical ability. 

Most of our attacking players have one or two stand out features, except for Okazaki.

Shinji was one of the weaker players in last year's championship winning team. I don't think I've ever seen another player subbed so much at half time or before 60 minutes. The hope that now he could somehow be the missing spark shows how desperate we are at the moment. He had his usual game against Southampton today and was subbed early having struggled to retain possession, be a threat or have any kind of impact on the game. 

Just now, the fox said:

1-Oh stop it. Those are not game winning performances and you know it. He was not even the best player in a 2-1 and a 3-1 games.

2- yes I did and I can link you a comment

3- like oka is any better, his best games are 7/10s

4- and that will never change because he is not that kind of player.

And your point about " the stat not showing every thing" . you could say the same for slimani. He runs all game and never gave up.

Oka's best games are 8 mate and his worst are around 4 imho. Slims worst games are like 1-2/10. 

The thing with stats is, they have completely different roles in the team. Slim is a target man and Shinji isnt. Is that so hard to understand? You can't expect from CF's or number 10 with Okazaki's attributes to be a target man. While we're at it, Slim misses a lot of headers. I'd rather have Ulloa in the squad over than him to be honest. He was just as good in the air as Slimani, if not better.

More than that, Slim has these moments when he tends not to run while he's the closest one to the opposition player, and instead gesticulates and blames others for not closing that player down. I say instead of bossing the others he should simply play better, because as far as this season goes he's just not good enough (given the record price tag) and tends to disappear in every other game, which is worrying sight. You can get frustrated with Okazaki but at least he doesn't play invisible man;)

20 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Oka's best games are 8 mate and his worst are around 4 imho. Slims worst games are like 1-2/10. 

The thing with stats is, they have completely different roles in the team. Slim is a target man and Shinji isnt. Is that so hard to understand? You can't expect from CF's or number 10 with Okazaki's attributes to be a target man. While we're at it, Slim misses a lot of headers. I'd rather have Ulloa in the squad over than him to be honest. He was just as good in the air as Slimani, if not better.

More than that, Slim has these moments when he tends not to run while he's the closest one to the opposition player, and instead gesticulates and blames others for not closing that player down. I say instead of bossing the others he should simply play better, because as far as this season goes he's just not good enough (given the record price tag) and tends to disappear in every other game, which is worrying sight. You can get frustrated with Okazaki but at least he doesn't play invisible man;)

CF is, and i quote

"Centre Forward- The centre-forward is often a tall player, typically known as a target man, whose main function is to score the majority of goals on behalf of the team. The player may also be used to win long balls or receive passes and retain possession of the ball as team-matesadvance, to help teammates score by providing a pass ('through ball' into the box); the latter variation usually requiring quicker pace. Most modern centre-forwards operate in front of the second strikers or central attacking midfielders, and do the majority of the ball handling outside the box. The present role of centre-forward is sometimes interchangeable with that of an attacking midfielder, especially in the 4–3–1–2 or 4–1–2–1–2 formations. A centre-forward usually must be strong, to win key headers and 'outmuscle' defenders. The term centre-forward is taken from the early football playing formation in which there were fiveforward players: two outside forwards, twoinside forwards, and one centre-forward.
When numbers were introduced in the 1933English FA Cup final, one of the two centre-forwards that day wore the number nine –Everton's Dixie Dean a strong, powerful forward who had set the record for the most goals scored in one season in English football during the 1927–28 season. The number would then become synonymous with the centre-forward position (only one that day because one team was numbered 1–11 whilst the other was numbered 12–22).

-And a number 10 (playmaker) is  "

In association football, a playmaker is a player who controls the flow of the team's offensive play, and is often involved in passing moves which lead togoals, through their vision, technique, ball control, creativity, and passing ability.[1]

In English football, the term overlaps somewhat with an attacking midfielder, but the two types of midfielders are not necessarily the same, as playmakers are not necessarily constrained to a single position. Several playmakers can also operate on the wings, or as a creative, supporting striker; some can also function in a more central midfield role, alternating between playing in more offensive roles and participating in the build-up plays in the midfield. Other players still function as deep-lying playmakers, in a free role, behind the mid-field line. Playmakers are not usually known for their defensive capabilities, which is why they are often supported by a defensive midfielder. As many midfielders and forwards have the aforementioned creative and technical attributes, they tend to be the playmakers of a team"

I think you mean a second striker. And if so "Second Stricker-
Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe their playing activity has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre-forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second, or shadow, or support, or auxiliary striker and, in what is in fact a distinct position unto its own, the Number 10, Diego Maradona who is often described as an attacking midfielder or the playmaker.
The second striker position is a loosely defined and most often misapplied description of a player positioned somewhere between the out-and-out striker, whether he is a target-man or more of a poacher, and theNumber 10 attacking midfielder, while possibly showing some of the characteristics of both. In fact, a coined term, the "nine-and-a-half", has been an attempt to become a standard in defining the position. Conceivably, a Number 10 can alternate as a second-striker provided that he is also a prolific goalscorer, otherwise a mobile forward with good technical ability (dribbling and ball control), who can both score andcreate opportunities for a less versatile centre-forward, is more suited. Second or support strikers do not tend to get as involved in the orchestration of attacks as the Number 10, nor do they bring as many other players into play, since they do not share the burden of responsibility, functioning predominantly as assist providers.
Outside Forward-
An outside forward plays as the advanced forward on the right or left wing – as anoutside right or outside left, typically as part of a 2–3–5 formation or one of its variants. As football tactics have largely developed, and wingers have dropped back to becomemidfielders, the terminology has changed and "outside forward" has become a historical term. Many commentators and football analysts still refer to the wing positions as "outside right" and "outside left".
The responsibilities of an outside forward include but are not limited to:

• Scoring: their first option should be to shoot, while their second option should be to find another way to create a goal opportunity for the team.
  • Passing: when they run into a shooting angle that is unlikely to become a goal, they must find a way to pass the ball to the middle of the penalty box area allowing the centre-forwards to finish the job.

Due to these responsibilities some of the most important attributes include:

• Good dribbling and circumventing defenders
  • Speed as a necessity to produce effective counter-attacks"

The highlighted part in the last quote doesn't exactly describe

okazaki, does it.

unnamed (2).gif

Everyone has their opinions, he was our best striker in the opening 10 games of the season and I mean the best out of vardy/slim/ulloa/musa, I remember he played well against man u in the charity shield hitting the bar with a header and overhead kick which again hit the ball in another league game, he scored 2 goals against Chelsea in the league cup but was immediately dropped, would of went through if it wasn't was Waseleski red card. I see slim scores a lot of goals , which strikers are paid to do, but for such a big man he don't seems to be able to win any physical dual or hold on to the ball. Saying that, he would bring much more goals than okazaki, shinji just a work horse and he does do little nice flicks and spins but he seems to go down every time he gets a touch, the fact is not shinji is playing bad or slim or vardy, the whole team is terrible at the moment, no confidence, our work rate and intensity has dropped big time compare to last year. Have we give big contract out too soon to the players? Look at mahrez, he is PFA player of the year, this season he won't even get in the top 50 players in the premiership, team has sussed out how we play, they know mahrez only has 1 foot

Archived