Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rachik

Good News / Slimani and Mahrez back sooner

10 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Really,where were they at Southampton!!

If there is one game where the players can't be really blamed, then it's 4-42 diamond in Southampton. Ranieri screwed up big time on this one.

It was almost perfect really. Both scored 2 in 3 games each. Both showed some of the skills that we know they have, especially Mahrez who did some quality backheels and dribbling down the wing. He in particular seemed to be enjoying the space he was given. They both have had a bit of heat on their back and stayed away from 2 or 3 weeks of training in freezing conditions and are now back.

I really hope they both fire us up, especially Mahrez who can change games by himself.

1 minute ago, crazyleicester said:

It was almost perfect really. Both scored 2 in 3 games each. Both showed some of the skills that we know they have, especially Mahrez who did some quality backheels and dribbling down the wing. He in particular seemed to be enjoying the space he was given. They both have had a bit of heat on their back and stayed away from 2 or 3 weeks of training in freezing conditions and are now back.

I really hope they both fire us up, especially Mahrez who can change games by himself.

Almost perfect, other than the part where they made Slimani play 3 full games in a week whilst carrying an injury. They've broken him when we most need him and they didn't even get qualification out of it.

7 minutes ago, brucey said:

Almost perfect, other than the part where they made Slimani play 3 full games in a week whilst carrying an injury. They've broken him when we most need him and they didn't even get qualification out of it.

I watched all there games and he didnt seem injured to me at any stage. He was leading the line alone and making loads of runs. In fact he should have grabbed a treble in that last match when he raced through and missed a one on one. I know he got subbed but he didnt limp off, he just was knackered. I also saw them wrap that tape alround his thigh but it didnt seem anything serious has happened. Unless I missed something I reckon he will be available for us come our next league game, thats if he hasnt been punted out to China.

12 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

I watched all there games and he didnt seem injured to me at any stage. He was leading the line alone and making loads of runs. In fact he should have grabbed a treble in that last match when he raced through and missed a one on one. I know he got subbed but he didnt limp off, he just was knackered. I also saw them wrap that tape alround his thigh but it didnt seem anything serious has happened. Unless I missed something I reckon he will be available for us come our next league game, thats if he hasnt been punted out to China.

Oh he's definitely injured, had ice strapped to it and was limping around during the post match interviews too, according to journalists there. The official Algerian federation website mentioned him training separately and being an injury doubt prior to the second game.

--

Islam Slimani was the final player to shuffle into the mixed zone on Monday night. The Leicester striker limped to several clumps of journalists, speaking to each in French or Arabic.

“It’s a huge deception,” he said, looking at his right bicep, which bore bloody stud-marks. “We gave it our all and I hope we can learn our lessons and apply them during World Cup qualifiers.”

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

If there is one game where the players can't be really blamed, then it's 4-42 diamond in Southampton.

Why???

Do you think, that our players are too stupid to play more than 1 or 2 

formations?

Those guys are earning in one week more, than you and I in a

whole year, but they are unable to learn something new?!?!

GREAT!!!!

11 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Why???

formations?

GREAT!!!!

Why the caps mate?

No not too stupid. But you can't improvise a formation in one week. Not at this level. Or you get spanked. Players were absolutely lost on the pitch and ran in each others way. Soton weren't even good and yet had a field day. didn't only happen to us by the way.

Good news but we really need them back in form. One can only think how they both feel seeing as both their country and club are terrible at the moment. It scares me to think that they may come in with a losers mentality. If that's the case its better to sell them than deal with more losses. Imo.

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

But you can't improvise a formation in one week. Not at this level.

But you and many others were clamouring week after week to 

get rid of 442,  and I am on record in this forum  with the 

warning, that changing formations in the middle of the

season is like changing horses in the middle of the

river. Possible, but risky.

It's really a strange, strange world.  

3 minutes ago, USFox said:

Good news but we really need them back in form. One can only think how they both feel seeing as both their country and club are terrible at the moment. It scares me to think that they may come in with a losers mentality. If that's the case its better to sell them than deal with more losses. Imo.

Yeah, selling Slimani and Mahrez , without any replacements in sight, sounds

like a great idea. 

2 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Yeah, selling Slimani and Mahrez , without any replacements in sight, sounds

like a great idea. 

Yeesh you guys are really sarcastic on here. I didn't say without replacement, I was just fielding an idea if things went south.

31 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Why???

formations?

GREAT!!!!

More to do with it being a crap formation I reckon.

43 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

But you and many others were clamouring week after week to 

get rid of 442,  and I am on record in this forum  with the 

warning, that changing formations in the middle of the

season is like changing horses in the middle of the

river. Possible, but risky.

It's really a strange, strange world.  

Yeah, I did and I stand for it. Rightly so. But I never supported a change of formation every game.

Changing formations is not only possible but also recommended.

4-4-2 is dead. I can't count the line-up changes for this formation and it never worked this season. Mediocre performances and occasionally duly beatings should have proved it more than enough. We don't have the midfield for it, Mahrez is doubled on and the best striker is played out of position to accommodate another striker completely out of form. Period. You can't only blame the players. Tactics and formations are on the coach.

I'm pleading for a 4-5-1 which is the only to give a bit of stability and cover to a shitty defense which is conceding goals like there is no tomorrow, especially away, to play Mahrez and Gray, the two creative players we have simultaneously and as well as suiting our best striker. It looked promising against Everton (cup) as well as West Ham. Then Ranieri decided to tinker and tried his 3-5-2 against Chelsea (I understand the idea but the execution was terrible) which resulted in a tonking. Then the 4-4-2 diamond pulled out of no where which also resulted in a tonking. Why?

We've 16 games to play and still don't now our starting XI or the most suited formation. Awesome.

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I'm pleading for a 4-5-1 which is the only to give a bit of stability and cover to a shitty defense which is conceding goals like there is no tomorrow, especially away, to play Mahrez and Gray, the two creative players we have simultaneously and as well as suiting our best striker. It looked promising against Everton (cup)...

We didn't play 4-5-1 at Everton. We played 4-3-3.

8 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

We didn't play 4-5-1 at Everton. We played 4-3-3.

Quit cherry picking in my posts and dodging the point. It's annoying. I already had a discusson with you and it was quite disagreeable. This one is taking the same path. One more post like this and from now on I'll simply stop replying to you.

Three in the middle. 4-5-1 when lose the ball, 4-3-3 in the offensive phases.

1 hour ago, USFox said:

Another gem

1 hour ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

And why exactly is it a crap formation?

Hmmm. It means we're incredibly narrow in the middle and final third as neither full back will be pushing on a great deal. We have 3 central midfielders who all roughly are the same, in that they're more defensively minded. Your strikers are then pretty isolated as the team's set up to defend.

So all in all, we have 3 midfielders tripping over each other, Full backs getting doubled up on by opposition wingers and full backs. Then you're just hoping the inevitable battering doesn't turn into goals.

What do you reckon the pro's of it were out of interest?

6 minutes ago, USFox said:

Thanks Max. Keep on keeping up =)

No problem. As you are continuing to enlighten me, should we play Schmeichel or Zieler on the wing?

Or are you assuming sixteen 0-0 draws will keep us up?

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Quit cherry picking in my posts and dodging the point. It's annoying. I already had a discusson with you and it was quite disagreeable. This one is taking the same path. One more post like this and from now on I'll simply stop replying to you.

That will be fine with me.

If you have a problem with the fact, that someone is not sharing your point

of view, a forum like this one is perhaps the wrong place for you.

You know, if you can't stand the heat...

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Hmmm. It means we're incredibly narrow in the middle and final third as neither full back will be pushing on a great deal. We have 3 central midfielders who all roughly are the same, in that they're more defensively minded. Your strikers are then pretty isolated as the team's set up to defend.

So all in all, we have 3 midfielders tripping over each other, Full backs getting doubled up on by opposition wingers and full backs. Then you're just hoping the inevitable battering doesn't turn into goals.

What do you reckon the pro's of it were out of interest?

Many people here were criticizing Ranieri for not being offensive oriented enough.

And yes, our standard formation 4-4-2 (double six) is, without any doubt, a rather

defensive one.

Therefore I find it a little bit perplexing, when the same people now are blaming

CR for trying the offensive variation of 4-4-2.

Dortmund under Klopp won titles/cups and reached the CL final with a

4-4-2 (diamond) formation.

Not the formation was the problem at St Mary's, but the inability of our

players to execute it.

Ranieri shouldered all the blame. Conte would have ripped them a new

one.

Archived