Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rachik

Good News / Slimani and Mahrez back sooner

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

No problem. As you are continuing to enlighten me, should we play Schmeichel or Zieler on the wing?

Or are you assuming sixteen 0-0 draws will keep us up?

=) You have a good day sir.

27 minutes ago, brucey said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/je_suis_Slimani?src=hash

'#je suis Slimani' is apparently trending on Twitter.. no idea what's happened but sounds like he's being blamed by their press for all of Algeria's AFCON woes. poor slim :(

Weird. Seems like the Algerian press have targeted him for their early exit, and all the fans are sticking up for him.

Even weirder, after he had 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games. I tend to always think fans have more realistic views, so it's good to see so much support for him and many say how good he is.

3 hours ago, brucey said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/je_suis_Slimani?src=hash

'#je suis Slimani' is apparently trending on Twitter.. no idea what's happened but sounds like he's being blamed by their press for all of Algeria's AFCON woes. poor slim :(

No, Its not about the result.

All started with some fans that claimed that Slimani didnt want to talk to them. And few days after, they said he insult them.

We all know that Slimani is a nice guy, always respectful, and always present for Charity.

We need to know that Slimani is emotional, and dislike rumors like this.

The Algerian people, wanted to show that they are with him by the hasgtag #je_suis_Slimani

4 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Slimani will have dollar signs in his eyes, he's not going to be intrested in a relegation battle 

Mahrez will have the hump so i'm not counting on Slim and Mahrez rescuing the season lol

No speculative presumptive crap here then, just a casual statement questioning the professionalism of two of our players....

6 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Okay.

Saying it doesn't then? Look at Diego Costa spitting his dummy out because China came sniffing! 

Carlos Tevez returning to his 'boyhood' club claiming its his last! I'm sure he's not long just jetted off to China for 600k a week

Just now, sk3since03 said:

Saying it doesn't then? Look at Diego Costa spitting his dummy out because China came sniffing! 

Carlos Tevez returning to his 'boyhood' club clamining its his last! I'm sure he's not long just jetted off to China for 600k a week

Okay.

13 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

But you and many others were clamouring week after week to 

get rid of 442,  and I am on record in this forum  with the 

warning, that changing formations in the middle of the

season is like changing horses in the middle of the

river. Possible, but risky.

It's really a strange, strange world.  

I think the point is that people were clamouring for a change from 4-4-2 because we didn't have the players to make it work at the start of the season. It only worked last season, without our central midfield being overrun, because of the amazing ability of Kante - reading the game and being in exactly the right position so often, his coverage of the crucial areas of the pitch, his interceptions and tackling, and his ability to spring from defence to attack so quickly.

We started this season trying to play the same formation and style, but with a much less adequate midfield (and compounded by injuries etc that weakened it even further). Thus the call for 3 in central midfield to help us to regain control.

Ironically, now that we have recruited a much more look-alike Kante in Ndidi (admittedly that feeling may be a bit premature, not yet proven) and there are grounds for believing that we can now make 4-4-2 work again like last season, Ranieri has belatedly started to experiment with 3 in central midfield, and even with the diamond.

Hardly surprising that many contributors on here are scratching their heads.

Whatever system we adopt, I hope that the players can now start games with more of an up-and-at-em attitude, pressing as a team, and showing more attacking intent. A return to those attitudes will, in my view, reap dividends whatever system we employ.

9 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

That will be fine with me.

If you have a problem with the fact, that someone is not sharing your point

of view, a forum like this one is perhaps the wrong place for you.

You know, if you can't stand the heat...

Done with you.

13 hours ago, Bryn said:

I'd cut our losses on Slimani and sell him if the reported 40m is true. 

My initial thought was that it was a lot of money for someone who is 29 and hasn't exactly set the league on fire but unless we get someone else in that is better in the next few days can we really afford to sell him? An already miserable season  would have been considerably worse without Slims contribution and he may just get the goals to keep us up. Relegation, with the new contracts in place, is unthinkable. Given the way we're playing, I don't give us much chance of progressing in the CL but I'd rather have Slim in  the team or on the bench if we somehow play well and give ourselves a chance against Sevilla.

• 4 months later...

Archived