Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Magictv

First 11

hi, as you can see im quite new to these forums and i thought id start a new post, the idea is you post your starting 11(assuming all players fit) with maybe on or two sentances below explaining it please use a format similar to mine so we can all understand.

douglas(GK)

stearman(RightBack)

mcarthy(CentreBack)

nils(CentreBack)

sheehan(LeftBack)

momo(RightWingMid)

hughes(CentreMid)

joey(CentreMid)

Ryan 'lightning' smith(LeftWingMid)

Hume(sort of in the 'hole') - maybe sub for de vries if things dont go well or change needed

Hammond(striker)

hi, as you can see im quite new to these forums and i thought id start a new post, the idea is you post your starting 11(assuming all players fit) with maybe on or two sentances below explaining it please use a format similar to mine so we can all understand.

douglas(GK)

stearman(RightBack)

mcarthy(CentreBack)

nils(CentreBack)

sheehan(LeftBack)

momo(RightWingMid)

hughes(CentreMid)

joey(CentreMid)

Ryan 'lightning' smith(LeftWingMid)

Hume(sort of in the 'hole') - maybe sub for de vries if things dont go well or change needed

Hammond(striker)

Douglas;

Stearman,

Nils,

Gerrbrand,

Sheehan;

Hughes,

Kisnorbo or Joey,

Smith;

Hume;

MDV

Hammond.

Smith has the energy to change flanks and either Stearman/Hume can provide rightside width when Smith's on the left and Sheehan/Hammond the leftside width when Smith is on the right. Eight potential scorers. Good energy. Good pace. Good passing potential. Hold-up support for still-learning strikers. God balance.

Hume is a better headerer of the ball than MDV, he also has a great leap on him, having played alot of Basketball when he was living Canada.

Henderson;

Stearman,

Nils,

Gerrbrand,

Sheehan;

Sylla.

Hughes,

Wesolowski,

Smith;

Hume,

Hammond.

Then bring MDV on to unsettle a tired defence ran ragged if needed.

Hume is a better headerer of the ball than MDV, he also has a great leap on him, having played alot of Basketball when he was living Canada.

Henderson;

Stearman,

Nils,

Gerrbrand,

Sheehan;

Sylla.

Hughes,

Joey,

Smith;

Hume,

Hammond.

Then bring MDV on to unsettle a tired defence ran ragged if needed.

I can live with that team too. :)

Douglas;

Stearman,

Nils,

Gerrbrand,

Sheehan;

Hughes,

Kisnorbo or Joey,

Smith;

Hume;

MDV

Hammond.

Smith has the energy to change flanks and either Stearman/Hume can provide rightside width when Smith's on the left and Sheehan/Hammond the leftside width when Smith is on the right. Eight potential scorers. Good energy. Good pace. Good passing potential. Hold-up support for still-learning strikers. God balance.

'God Balance'! I knew we would get a really big punter one day to get us out of debt.

Once again, I prefer this line-up:

-------------------------------Henderson-------------------------------

-----------Stearman--Gerrbrand--Johansson--Sheehan--------------

-Sylla----------------Hughes-------Gudjonsson------------Smith---

--------------------------------Hume------------------------------------

----------------- Hammond-------------------------------------

Once again, I prefer this line-up:

-------------------------------Henderson-------------------------------

-----------Stearman--Gerrbrand--Johansson--Sheehan--------------

-Sylla----------------Hughes-------Gudjonsson------------Smith---

--------------------------------Hume------------------------------------

----------------- Hammond-------------------------------------

It's firm enough. Just not enough goals in it. We need two/three goals a game to be sure of winning regularly.

Douglas;

Stearman,

Nils,

Gerrbrand,

Sheehan;

Hughes,

Kisnorbo or Joey,

Smith;

Hume;

MDV

Hammond.

That'll do for me :thumbup:

Weso is more box to box, so i'm not sure pairing him with Gudjonsson would be right. I'd like to see him in the center with Hughes, i'm certain that would work well, because he holds more of an attacking threat than Joey while possessing enough to play a role similer to Joey when Hughes is making forward runs.. Add Smith on the left wing, and we'd be going places.

Weso is more box to box, so i'm not sure pairing him with Gudjonsson would be right. I'd like to see him in the center with Hughes, i'm certain that would work well, because he holds more of an attacking threat than Joey while possessing enough to play a role similer to Joey when Hughes is making forward runs.. Add Smith on the left wing, and we'd be going places.

I thought he'd be better pairing with Hughes too. If Sylla got his act together and worked his arse off all match, then with Smith on the left that would be a very good, talented, attacking midfield.

I do rate Joey aswell.. but Id prefer to have a midfield with width on both sides. Aslong as stevie hughes is in the middle aswell I dont mind. I actually think having de vries and hammond upfront with Hume as like a supporting striker could be good...?? almost like a 4-3-3 I guess.

GK Douglas

DR Maybury

DL Sheehan

DC Gerrbrand

DC Johansson

MC Gudjonsson

MC Kisnorbo

AML Smith

AMC Hughes

AMR Hume

FC de Vries

---

I realise this is all a flight of fancy but I like the idea of a solid base in central midfield, Kisnorbo and Gudjonsson breaking up opposition attacks and looking for Hughes, Hume and Smith playing in more attacking midfield positions. It looks a bit like a 4-5-1 but effectively would be 4-4-2 as you wouldn't get all three of Hughes, Hume and Smith dropping deep at the same time. I think everyone can see the one thing we lack is a predatory centre-forward who would be perfect in this formation but without someone like Connolly leading the line, de Vries is the next best thing - a striker who provides real presence and strength.

The reality is that we don't have a goalscoring threat. You can't see who is going to score the goals that we need so desperately. Hopefully with attacking players like Smith and Hume in the side, we will create enough opportunities for the likes of Hammond and de Vries to convert a few for a change.

Smith's pace and willingness to take players on is a breath of fresh air and something we've missed since Matthew Piper left the club. Fingers crossed we can extend his loan to the end of the season because he can change our entire team. No exaggeration.

Archived