Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

We need a new strapline

Levein on a prayer

:D

Haha I like that. It's also quite true, the majority of fans are behind him but I think it's more praying that we'll come good then believe we will!

I think it should be based around our homegrown players.

'BORN FOR THE LEICESTER'

or

'EUPHORIC SMUDGER'

Strap lines were a Mace thing.... haven't we moved on from this marketing ploy?

We need one to erase the memory of Keep the Faith, in the hope that people will stop telling me to do so because it brings me out in a RAGE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Big thing about straplines is they're an image creator and therefore they have to:

a) Convey an image the club and its spectators wish to promote.

b) It must be realistic enough to stand up to scrutiny.

FOXES NEVER QUIT was terrific because it epitomised O'Neil's philosophy and, fortunately, O'Neil also filled he team with players who were able to demonstrate the same attitudes.

So, win or lose, the image was sustained and was one the opposition became aware of (Arsenal for instance in that never-to-be-forgotten 3-3 draw)...that FOXES NEVER QUIT no matter the apparent hopelessness of the cause.

The other thing about that strapline was that it was short. Three words is easier to accommodate on promotional material than more. It is easily remembered. The message is unambiguous.

Not sure why it was ever abandoned really but unless it is resurrected that is the sort of impact we need for a new one. Short, sharp and conveying a message EVERYONE can identify with and fulfil.

It's no use, for instance having MEAN in a strapline (I only use this by way of example) and then losing 6-O cos the strapline is then ripe for ridicule. But, if everyone keeps trying, the line FOXES NEVER QUIT stands up whatever the score.

Whatever we chose, if anything, should take this into account.

Not sure why it was ever abandoned really but unless it is resurrected that is the sort of impact we need for a new one. Short, sharp and conveying a message EVERYONE can identify with and fulfil.

It hasn't been abandoned. Foxes never quit is doing just fine.

I think there's a plaque above the tunnel that says 'Foxes Never Quit' but whether the players notice it, touch it as they come out or actually understand why we gained that phrase is another matter. I think it's a phrase that has been forgotten where the playing side of the club are concerned eventhough the fans still remember it well.

I think there's a plaque above the tunnel that says 'Foxes Never Quit' but whether the players notice it, touch it as they come out or actually understand why we gained that phrase is another matter. I think it's a phrase that has been forgotten where the playing side of the club are concerned eventhough the fans still remember it well.

I get that impression. Like the way they stroll out for kick off. I know I've said this before, but I want my players to run out of that tunnel with determination, and an eagerness to get the game going. At the moment, the opposition are lined up ready to start the game by the time the last of our meandering lot gets out of the tunnel.

We've had Foxes Never Quit which was great but belongs to a bygone era.

We had the Future's Marked Out with Mark McGhee, didn't last long did it?

We've had Keep the Faith which I personally loathed and found patronising and insulting when directed at the fans - so how about a new one.

I'm pretty crap when it comes to this sort of thing so get your thinking caps on and let's see what we can come up with.

Just for starters and to get the ball rolling

A tough nut to crack

Let’s Live Dangerously Crazy like a fox Living in the present not the pass

Taking the Challenge

I get that impression. Like the way they stroll out for kick off. I know I've said this before, but I want my players to run out of that tunnel with determination, and an eagerness to get the game going. At the moment, the opposition are lined up ready to start the game by the time the last of our meandering lot gets out of the tunnel.

It's not for girls.

Archived