Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

Just got through the first one - Glantz is a crackpot, there's no evidence of a gateway effect, and the dual users statistic is incredibly dubious. Both appear in studies where any puff in the last six months classifies you as a vaper, meaning it collects those who had one puff to test it but didn't fancy it, which distorts the results. Correct for that and it mirrors the national trends - an uptick in vapers mirroring the decrease in smokers

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Just got through the first one - Glantz is a crackpot, there's no evidence of a gateway effect, and the dual users statistic is incredibly dubious. Both appear in studies where any puff in the last six months classifies you as a vaper, meaning it collects those who had one puff to test it but didn't fancy it, which distorts the results. Correct for that and it mirrors the national trends - an uptick in vapers mirroring the decrease in smokers

I know loads of people who have stopped smoking, most have just replaced it and have no intention of stopping vaping though. 

Almost everything I've read seems to have an underlying ulterior motive, whether that be pro-vaping or the opposite. I guess it's because nobody truly has any hard answers yet. There are some very contrasting articles knocking about though, and for somebody wanting to give up smoking and maybe give vaping a try, some of the shit you read is enough to make some people think 'fvck that! Been smoking 20years and I'm still alive' 

The only downside so far for me is that I still haven't found a 100% leak proof tank yet so my hands constantly smell of sweets and cheesecake!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stix said:

Almost everything I've read seems to have an underlying ulterior motive, whether that be pro-vaping or the opposite. I guess it's because nobody truly has any hard answers yet. There are some very contrasting articles knocking about though, and for somebody wanting to give up smoking and maybe give vaping a try, some of the shit you read is enough to make some people think 'fvck that! Been smoking 20years and I'm still alive' 

The only downside so far for me is that I still haven't found a 100% leak proof tank yet so my hands constantly smell of sweets and cheesecake!!!

Stop eating sweets and cheesecake then. Oh and one of the reasons I chose thee Uwell crown tank was that I'm told it doesn't leak not had thee chance to test it yet though

Which segways on to, what are everyones favorite flavors and brands?

Edited by Beliall

I make my own juice, and there is a lot of info on recipes that people have cloned from the bigger brands so after experimenting abit these are the main flavours I vape. 

Cosmic Fog Milk & Honey

Cutwood Unicorn Milk

Cutwood Sugar Drizzle

Dr. MoonVapes Moon Sugar

Suicide Bunny Mothers Milk

I know....the names are fvcking ridiculous but I didn't make them up! 

Some of these cost £17 for 30ml which to me is stupid, if you have a 5ml+ tank and are vaping all day at say 60-70W then it's gonna cost you £40 a week for juice. May as well smoke!

Making your own juice makes vaping REALLY cost effective. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stix said:

I make my own juice, and there is a lot of info on recipes that people have cloned from the bigger brands so after experimenting abit these are the main flavours I vape. 

Cosmic Fog Milk & Honey

Cutwood Unicorn Milk

Cutwood Sugar Drizzle

Dr. MoonVapes Moon Sugar

Suicide Bunny Mothers Milk

I know....the names are fvcking ridiculous but I didn't make them up! 

Some of these cost £17 for 30ml which to me is stupid, if you have a 5ml+ tank and are vaping all day at say 60-70W then it's gonna cost you £40 a week for juice. May as well smoke!

Making your own juice makes vaping REALLY cost effective. 

I might make my own then, look out for things like

Jeff Schlupps End Product

don:t ask me for advice

Laura 23

What happens in thailand

Vardy Party (blue WKD and Cocaine)

and

Huths Freekick

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Laura 23

What happens in thailand

and

Huths Freekick

lol Don;t ask me for advice!

1 hour ago, stix said:

guess it's because nobody truly has any hard answers yet.

Of course not. The technology is about a decade old and has only really come into popular use in the last five or so. There's not been enough time to do a long-term effects study, all we've got is the short term effects - comfortably safer than smoking but not risk-free, but I don't know why anyone would have expected otherwise. 

Long term risks will be almost certainly be radically different depending on how vigilant a user is at replacing coils at the end of their lifespan and whether they don't go overboard with temperature controls etc. 

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Laura 23

What happens in thailand

and

Huths Freekick

Same thing, surely?

18 hours ago, Buce said:

I read the third one down from the independent..... then read the comments at the bottom of the page which go a long way to expose the article and the research it's based on.

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I read the third one down from the independent..... then read the comments at the bottom of the page which go a long way to expose the article and the research it's based on.

Tbh, Swan,  they were just a random sample of what came up on Google. I don't vape (not liquids, anyway) so I wasn't sufficiently motivated to do more than scan the articles.

My box mod just got delivered, Now I love gadgets but this is gonna take me all day to figure out lol

this is what I went with, kept it secret till now as in the past when I have posted deals on forums the product has sold out before I had the chance to buy it myself lol 

Joyetech eVic Primo with 2 x Batteries and 10ml E liquid

£46.39

Joyetech eVic Primo Mod - Bronze

Good deal I thought, has good reviews as well, paired it with the Uwell crown tank and it's quite a heavy, bulky unit, which is good and bad

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

My box mod just got delivered, Now I love gadgets but this is gonna take me all day to figure out lol

this is what I went with, kept it secret till now as in the past when I have posted deals on forums the product has sold out before I had the chance to buy it myself lol 

Joyetech eVic Primo with 2 x Batteries and 10ml E liquid

£46.39

Joyetech eVic Primo Mod - Bronze

Good deal I thought, has good reviews as well, paired it with the Uwell crown tank and it's quite a heavy, bulky unit, which is good and bad

That looks good. Just quickly watched a couple of reviews and they were both impressed with it. 

8 minutes ago, stix said:

That looks good. Just quickly watched a couple of reviews and they were both impressed with it. 

I'm having a hard time figuring it out, just found out i need to prime the coil, so i did that, tried again its still burning hot and leaked. i'm doing something wrong but don't know what yet

10 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I'm having a hard time figuring it out, just found out i need to prime the coil, so i did that, tried again its still burning hot and leaked. i'm doing something wrong but don't know what yet

When you put a new coil in, prime the coils as you've done, then fill the tank with juice. You've gotta leave it for 5-10 minutes to let the coil soak in the juice. 

What wattage age is your mod set at? What resistance is your coil? If you go to high you'll burn the coil out straight the way. Especially if the coil isn't primed properly. Because basically you're just heating the coils on to a dry wick which is what's burning. 

5 minutes ago, stix said:

When you put a new coil in, prime the coils as you've done, then fill the tank with juice. You've gotta leave it for 5-10 minutes to let the coil soak in the juice. 

What wattage age is your mod set at? What resistance is your coil? If you go to high you'll burn the coil out straight the way. Especially if the coil isn't primed properly. Because basically you're just heating the coils on to a dry wick which is what's burning. 

Maybe I ****ed it already then, I set the watts to 50 (default was 200) coil was the pre fitted 0.25ohms. lost most of my free juice lol trying to be clever and undo the bottom while holding upside down to check the coil, unscrewed the wrong bit and lost it all on the floor. so i just cleaned it all up, refilled it and was already planning on leaving for a while. what should i be looking to set the temp, pre heat and watts at?

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Maybe I ****ed it already then, I set the watts to 50 (default was 200) coil was the pre fitted 0.25ohms. lost most of my free juice lol trying to be clever and undo the bottom while holding upside down to check the coil, unscrewed the wrong bit and lost it all on the floor. so i just cleaned it all up, refilled it and was already planning on leaving for a while. what should i be looking to set the temp, pre heat and watts at?

Dont worry about temperature control for now mate. 50w should be fine at 0.25 ohm coils. Making sure the wick is completely saturated before you vape on it is really important. Even pulling a few times on the tip without firing it until you can taste the flavour will help to saturate the wick. 

Honestly mate youtube everything you're not sure about. There will be at least 20 videos for whatever your issue is. 

watch this and it will explain your mod to you 

3 minutes ago, stix said:

Dont worry about temperature control for now mate. 50w should be fine at 0.25 ohm coils. Making sure the wick is completely saturated before you vape on it is really important. Even pulling a few times on the tip without firing it until you can taste the flavour will help to saturate the wick. 

Honestly mate youtube everything you're not sure about. There will be at least 20 videos for whatever your issue is. 

watch this and it will explain your mod to you 

thanks, I have seen nothing but amateur you tubers. I'll give those a watch. I take it the tip is hot because it isnt saturated enough then, and the temp control should be what by default? I have been adjusting everything

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

thanks, I have seen nothing but amateur you tubers. I'll give those a watch. I take it the tip is hot because it isnt saturated enough then, and the temp control should be what by default? I have been adjusting everything

Power mode & Temp mode are 2 different modes, you either use one or the other. Best thing for you to do is stick to Power(Watts) mode. Stick it at 30w to start, see how it tastes, take it up bit by bit until it is right for you, flavour wise. I wouldn't go higher than 50w though with that single coil. 

They're all amateur youtubers but with hundreds of thousands of views. Some of them really know what they're talking about bud. They are given all their equipment for free by the manufacturer to review. 

The tip is getting hot because either the wattage is too high or you are firing it for too long

Edited by stix