Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rn9013

Memberships 17/18

14 posts in this topic

As the last tickets have been released for gold members.....what do people think the club will do with regards to memberships next season? 

 

As a gold member I'm facing a real dilemma. I normally try to get to at least 7 or 8 games per season (this season has been more with the CL games), which means I am slightly better off financially than if I were paying for a season ticket, however only just! So half of me wants to try my luck at getting a season ticket, but it seems a shame as I know at least half of the games the seat will be empty (I wouldn't want to give out my season card to strangers, and most of my mates etc have ST's already). Gut instinct says I'll probably stick with a membership. 

 

Do people think they will keep the same system/prices for membership next season? I imagine demand will be lower with no CL football, so will this result in a reduction in membership prices?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

As the last tickets have been released for gold members.....what do people think the club will do with regards to memberships next season? 

 

As a gold member I'm facing a real dilemma. I normally try to get to at least 7 or 8 games per season (this season has been more with the CL games), which means I am slightly better off financially than if I were paying for a season ticket, however only just! So half of me wants to try my luck at getting a season ticket, but it seems a shame as I know at least half of the games the seat will be empty (I wouldn't want to give out my season card to strangers, and most of my mates etc have ST's already). Gut instinct says I'll probably stick with a membership. 

 

Do people think they will keep the same system/prices for membership next season? I imagine demand will be lower with no CL football, so will this result in a reduction in membership prices?

Good Luck with the reduction theory. Does anything ever go down now days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bayfox said:

Good Luck with the reduction theory. Does anything ever go down now days.

Yeah I think you're probably right......here's to another pin badge and cheap pen then :)  I'm just not sure I can seriously justify another £90 for essentially being on a priority booking list (but still not guaranteed a ticket). 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your not too bothered about the season ticket you may aswell change your Gold membership to a Silver or a City Fox. I am silver and have got tickets to every game including the champions League...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

If your not too bothered about the season ticket you may aswell change your Gold membership to a Silver or a City Fox. I am silver and have got tickets to every game including the champions League...

Yeah it's a valid point. I was a silver member for 14/15 and 15/16. Only game I couldn't get to was Everton. Upgraded to gold for this season because of the CL (and I'm glad I did for the sake of £20). I guess that's the issue. If I buy a silver for £70, you may as well spend the extra £20 and buy that extra security. It was different in the previous seasons because it used to be £40 vs £75 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Memberships have only become a hot topic since demand has hit the roof. I agree the club are trying to make as much money as possible but they are a business afterall. Clubs in England are out and out businesses and do very ittle for fans. Compare that to a lot of European Leagues and it is a fine balance between being profitable and keeping the fans happy.

 

As has been said elsewhere, there was a forum with club reps on memberships a couple of months ago. I am sure the views were made and the club will try to adjust membership schemes accordingly for next season. You can't keep everyone happy at the end of the day. I think the scheme this year was fair, you knew what you got with your membership. Gold/Silver were expensive but guaranteed ticket allocation for each match. City was cheap but no guarantee tickets were available. I think City Fox was great value for money as it got you to at least half the home games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Memberships have only become a hot topic since demand has hit the roof. I agree the club are trying to make as much money as possible but they are a business afterall. Clubs in England are out and out businesses and do very ittle for fans. Compare that to a lot of European Leagues and it is a fine balance between being profitable and keeping the fans happy.

 

As has been said elsewhere, there was a forum with club reps on memberships a couple of months ago. I am sure the views were made and the club will try to adjust membership schemes accordingly for next season. You can't keep everyone happy at the end of the day. I think the scheme this year was fair, you knew what you got with your membership. Gold/Silver were expensive but guaranteed ticket allocation for each match. City was cheap but no guarantee tickets were available. I think City Fox was great value for money as it got you to at least half the home games.

I agree with you. I'm not complaining about this years structure at all. I paid my £90 and I have been happy with my return. I paid it to guarantee CL tickets and PL tickets for the games I could attend. I got that. 

 

My my original post was more wondering where the club may go for this year, seeing as CL Football is no longer a factor, and as a result I'm not sure a £90 fee could be commanded this time round. 

 

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I agree with you. I'm not complaining about this years structure at all. I paid my £90 and I have been happy with my return. I paid it to guarantee CL tickets and PL tickets for the games I could attend. I got that. 

 

My my original post was more wondering where the club may go for this year, seeing as CL Football is no longer a factor, and as a result I'm not sure a £90 fee could be commanded this time round. 

 

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Don't forget it's not just the lack of CL but we are no longer PL champions. So technically, two degrading factors. However, I think demand will still be there for the games. Wouldn't be surprised if Memberships weren't announced until late-June/early-July

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Don't forget it's not just the lack of CL but we are no longer PL champions. So technically, two degrading factors. However, I think demand will still be there for the games. Wouldn't be surprised if Memberships weren't announced until late-June/early-July

Yeah middle of July last year, I'd expect the same this year. 

 

To to be honest I expect the same as this year, maybe with a different set of 'goodies' handed out. If that is the case though I suspect a few golds will opt to downgrade, but equally they'll probably be silvers wanting to take their place. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Good Luck with the reduction theory. Does anything ever go down now days.

my savings. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

No champions league and no post title buzz renders anything above city Fox anews unnecessary luxury in my opinion.  Only a trip to Wembley would make it count. 


Edited by billyn88
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full details of 2017/18 Fox Membership packages can be found below:

Becoming an official Fox Member brings you closer to the team you love, and also gives you a host of additional benefits and exclusive content. 
 
With Adult Memberships during the 2016/17 season selling out quickly, it is expected that demand for the 2017/18 season will again be high; and details of the membership packages ahead of the 2017/18 season, including how to become an official Fox Member will be announced in due course and supporters are advised to keep an eye on LCFC.com and the Club’s official social media channels. 
 
To give supporters a taster of what is to come for the new season, the Club are excited to announce that memberships will have a new look and will operate under one adult membership scheme, alongside a Junior Membership, International Membership and Under-2s Membership. 
 
The decision to operate one adult membership comes following extensive research carried out during the 2016/17 season, which saw the Club look at multiple options to ensure it continues to reward loyalty and encourage growth. 
 
Further details of the 2017/18 Membership packages will be announced in due course.


 

 

Looks as though we are getting a single membership for the upcoming season as many of you wanted. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they try to charge £90 for the only membership package they can do one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.