Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Orrere

Boro fan here - What's your thoughts on Pearson?

He's controversial at times and lacks certain people skills, however, as a football manager and man manager of players the bloke is total quality. What he did for LCFC was amazing and should never ever be forgotten. If I was a Boro fan it would purely be his football achievements that I'd look at and pray he came.

Appointing Nigel Pearson as your new manager will only work if you aren't just bothered about the next 6 months.

Pearson does things HIS way and to get over the players not liking that Pearson does things HIS way, takes time.

He'd ship out the ones that didn't want to play for him, sign solid replacements and slowly start to turn things round.

Then the club would be on a more stable footing and able to look to the future.

If, for example, Pearson was appointed at Sunderland or Middlesbrough, expect to be making a serious promotion push NEXT season, once all the sorting of the right characters for his squad was done and achieved.

Pearson is a very good manager. Old school, if you like, wanting things done properly and over time. If you want some quick fix merchant who will pander to the big egos in the squad, get them playing well for a time, only to see them getting bored and kicking up a fuss, don't appoint Pearson.

If you want a solid, strong character for your manager, who won't take any shite from anyone really, gerrimmin...

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

lollol  do I really have to reply to this..........

Firstly I said a full season.

Secondly:

he came in to save Saints from relegation - achieved it.

At Hull he was in the playoff places when he re-left top join us.

Derby is the stain on his otherwise impeccable managerial record but even then there are rumours of Mel Morris making his and any manager's life there impossible, let's face it, they haven't pushed on without him.

Just accept you're wrong. I will never understand why fans of Leicester City, a team that has benefitted greatly from Nigel Pearson's management, seek to do him down so much.

I don't think he was top with Hull but he was certainly top six at the time - after another big rebuilding job.

Derby is a stain but I think it was a bad fit. He's never been a quick fix manager and will happily rip it all up to suit him even if it takes a while. He will get there but he just takes a while, that isn't what Derby were after.

Given Derby's track record as well I'm inclined to say that Morris is a problem.

Archived