Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Orrere

Boro fan here - What's your thoughts on Pearson?

Strong rumours that he's getting the job here but none of us can really work the guy out, so wondered what Leicester fans thoughts are of him since you've seen both sides of him.

from the outside looking in he romped the championship with a well built squad and there was talk of great team spirit etc.

then it all went to pot before he pulled it out the bag again.

so what are your thoughts from his time at Leicester? How does he play? What's his relationship like with the players? What where his worst attributes?

thanks!

Guest FriendlyRam

Never got a chance at our gaffe.. Morris hired him to rebuild, started the rebuild and then morris decided he wanted martin back and didn't want a rebuild.

Gibson will be a much more suitable boss for him IMO.

Great manager at championship level. Has a very good approach to sports science so Boro players would probably be the fittest in the league. Good at shifting out crap.

Downsides are he is a poor tactician and mentally unstable. 

Get's on well with the players he wants at the club and will protect them but dislikes the media.

Good on a tight budget as he gets the best out of individual players - Strong and Stable Leadership :P

I am amazed Boro went down, you actually have the foundations of a good team. I don't hear of much discontent in your dressing room so I think he could come in and make a positive impact.

If your asking if you have Pearson in, absolutely yes. He is made for the Championship and will get the best out of people. Could do with being a little more thoughtful with the media it's part of his job he needs to accept. The guy you see on the TV is not the guy in the training ground. I would expect he may have learned a few lessons.

Many this end would be happy him coming back here.

Get him in buddy.

All this poor tactician stuff isn't filling me with confidence haha.

Also our fans seem to associate him with being a bad tempered loose cannon who causes fights in the dressing room etc. Any truth in this?

My favourite Leicester manager ever, including Claudio

Unbelievable team spirit under him that ensures to this day. Cares for his players above all else, including the media, himself and even our own fans. 

Just keep Negredo away from his daughter and you'll be golden.

7 minutes ago, Orrere said:

Also our fans seem to associate him with being a bad tempered loose cannon who causes fights in the dressing room etc. Any truth in this?

The tactician stuff is very subjective as he's always been quite limited in his choice of players According to some LCFC fans every manager we've had has been a poor tactician in their time here perhaps with the exception of O'Neal.

The dressing room thing is rubbish, if players pull their weight he'll defend them even to the point of taking the flax himself if they under perform.

When there was a falling out between him and the local radio guy and he stopped talking to them the players backed him up and joined the ban.

6 minutes ago, Orrere said:

Not in the dressing room, most if not all of the players worshiped him. He is or was a loose cannon, full of passion that did not articulate itself well, we live and learn though. 

He will bring in some good people around him and is not that bad tactically. If you bring him in I would have you as favourites to come back up.

Think with your owner being a reasonable bloke from the looks of it they would probably be ok. But he does like total control of the club from top to bottom and to be fair he got it here and really didn't do badly when he got his people and players in place.

Obviously that team has now been broken up. However if shakey doesn't get the job here you may get 2/3 or that team and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

His biggest failing is he really doesn't get that the media is just part of the game nowdays he sees it as a pain in the arse.

Don't expect to be fully entertained but on current evidence you aren't being anyway. If i was a boro fan i wouldn't be against him coming. I think you can write the derby thing off unless gibson is an interfering git but from the outside he doesn't seem to be.

A lot would depend on him being allowed to build his team which can take a bit of time.

As for the fights. Most our players still adore him he protected them. But step out of line and he rules with an iron fist.

I think he'd like the fact your chairman will probably give him license to make the required changes in your set up off the field.

what would be interesting would be his coaching set up , here he worked wonders with Shakey and Steve Walsh who no doubt understood his 'moods'!

i think he would definitely have you up within 2 years, next season depends on how many bad eggs you have in the dressing room, they'll be the first ones to go

We wouldn't have won the Prem without him. We may even have never got out of the championship without him. That should be all you need to know.

He's certainly not terrible tactically, but Claudio showed his experience by making some great tweaks last season.

One last thing - you always felt the club was in a safe pair of hands when he was in charge. He knows what he's doing.

The work of Pearson, Walsh and Shakespeare has been phenomenal for us. 

I'm really not sure that I'd want him on in his own. I fear he may be a bit McCartney without Lennon and Harrison, and nobody wants another frog chorus from the man who gave us yesterday and hey Jude. 

Archived