Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Orrere

Boro fan here - What's your thoughts on Pearson?

12 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Yeah he managed Knockeart brilliantly! 

Yeah, NP will forever be remembered for how he managed one individual. Obviously not the legacy and foundations he built for the greatest season in Leicester City's history.

Guest MattP

He effectively took us from League One to the Premier League and almost always at a time where we were needing to cut wages and spending rather than increase it.

That's all you need to know really, whether he'll be effective without his backroom staff I don't know, but for us he was absolutely magnificent.

19 hours ago, David Hankey said:

He's average in the Championship. I'd be a bit concerned about his state of mind when the going gets tough.

Weird thing to say about a man who has never finished below 6th in a full season in the Championship and won over 100 points on one occasion

Reading some of the comments about the manager who saved us from the lows of League 1 with immediate return to the championship is ridiculous. Look what happened when he left for Hull, we were in danger of becoming just another Championship regular, sitting at mid-table. He then helped us smash the championship, before pulling of the greatest escape to keep us in the Prem, which arguable gave us so much momentum for our greatest season ever. No doubt he'd be a great fit at Boro

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Yeah, NP will forever be remembered for how he managed one individual. Obviously not the legacy and foundations he built for the greatest season in Leicester City's history.

Personally I think he will remembered for the ostrich saga it was a classic moment  for LCFC history.

With the right owner, one that doesn't dictate who to sign and who plays (rumours were circulating that Mel Morris tried to do this whilst Pearson was at Derby), a strong recruitment and scouting team that works with the manager - Pearson can be able to do the job (such as man-management etc) effectively with these foundations in place.

A big budget is nice to have for him, but he's shown he can do well without one as such.

On 20 May 2017 at 15:28, Orrere said:

Strong rumours that he's getting the job here but none of us can really work the guy out, so wondered what Leicester fans thoughts are of him since you've seen both sides of him.

from the outside looking in he romped the championship with a well built squad and there was talk of great team spirit etc.

then it all went to pot before he pulled it out the bag again.

so what are your thoughts from his time at Leicester? How does he play? What's his relationship like with the players? What where his worst attributes?

thanks!

Let him say what he likes, throttle who he likes but write him a Plan B (and give his son a job too) and you'll probably be promoted - you'll also have arse clenching moments when you want to bury your head in the sand but the players will probably quite like him.

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Weird thing to say about a man who has never finished below 6th in a full season in the Championship and won over 100 points on one occasion

What about Derby, Hull City and Southampton?!!

10 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

What about Derby, Hull City and Southampton?!!

lollol  do I really have to reply to this..........

Firstly I said a full season.

Secondly:

he came in to save Saints from relegation - achieved it.

At Hull he was in the playoff places when he re-left top join us.

Derby is the stain on his otherwise impeccable managerial record but even then there are rumours of Mel Morris making his and any manager's life there impossible, let's face it, they haven't pushed on without him.

Just accept you're wrong. I will never understand why fans of Leicester City, a team that has benefitted greatly from Nigel Pearson's management, seek to do him down so much.

13 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

lollol  do I really have to reply to this..........

Firstly I said a full season.

Secondly:

he came in to save Saints from relegation - achieved it.

At Hull he was in the playoff places when he re-left top join us.

Derby is the stain on his otherwise impeccable managerial record but even then there are rumours of Mel Morris making his and any manager's life there impossible, let's face it, they haven't pushed on without him.

Just accept you're wrong. I will never understand why fans of Leicester City, a team that has benefitted greatly from Nigel Pearson's management, seek to do him down so much.

Well said. Pearson did more than many thought was possible for Leicester. Lots of controversy bubbled up but his team's did their best with what they had. He should be back soon and left alone to run the football, if that is possible with modern day owners.

On 5/24/2017 at 12:32, David Hankey said:

He's average in the Championship. I'd be a bit concerned about his state of mind when the going gets tough.

What a joke of a poster you are!

What a weird, pathetic bloke, ignores all of the good he did in the championship for us so well over 150 games over three full seasons to focus on a handful of games with Hull, Southampton and Derby lol 

Being objective I could see why some fans might dislike Pearson, you could say that he comes across as a bit arrogant but surely no amount of personal dislike could make you think he's "an average championship manager" if you do then you're clearly an idiot. 

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

What a weird, pathetic bloke, ignores all of the good he did in the championship for us so well over 150 games over three full seasons to focus on a handful of games with Hull, Southampton and Derby lol 

Being objective I could see why some fans might dislike Pearson, you could say that he comes across as a bit arrogant but surely no amount of personal dislike could make you think he's "an average championship manager" if you do then you're clearly an idiot. 

average = what people who don't like to give credit to people say for 'very good'

If he was actually 'average' like Neil Warnock or Ian Holloway, he'd be calling him substandard, so it's really a compliment.

8 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

average = what people who don't like to give credit to people say for 'very good'

If he was actually 'average' like Neil Warnock or Ian Holloway, he'd be calling him substandard, so it's really a compliment.

Pearson probably has one of the best win ratios in second division history lol

Archived