Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Boudebouz

11 hours ago, MPH said:

I remember under the Mark McGee days we almost singed a player called Marco Gentile. He was stopped at the airport from coming over as we became aware that a third party would benefit from the deal which is of course illegal in England.... id assume its the same for the rest of europe but maybe its not the player himself that there is an issue with, maybe its his agent/ representatives or something like that...

Absolutely, and I do not mean to cast aspersions re his character. He may be wholly blameless re whatever it is that has consigned him to the position he finds himself in. Legal situation, as you suggest. Some sort of family situation that no club wants a part of. Some sort of agent issue. But there is something more we aren't privy to.

Going one level deeper, Montpellier finished 15th last season, Boudebouz was their best player, and they just sold him for a bit under $7 million plus add-ons. Perhaps I simply don't understand how Ligue 1 works, but L1 sold its broadcast rights for €726 million annually for 2016-2020. I know Ligue 1 pays less than the Premier League, but surely a realistic chance of surviving relegation in Ligue 1 is worth more than €7-9 million? Especially considering Montpellier is sitting on 20.0 million in income against 5.7 million in costs re transfers (transfermarkt).

Even if Boudebouz wanted to go, this move seems awful, it is such a lateral move. 15th in Ligue 1 vs. 15th (or whatever) in La Liga? Better to dominate for half-a-season and try your luck in the winter window when teams are desperate. Unless you don't think things will change, of course. 

Archived