Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Boudebouz

On 8/3/2017 at 18:53, vanity said:

There is clearly something wrong with the guy. At these prices, there is a reason he isn't being snapped up. Attitude, maybe some quiet borderline criminal thing,  his numbers make him an obvious target for a number of teams in the Prem (and elsewhere). The fact that absolutely everyone in our league and others has passed is pretty damning. More than meets the eye here.

I remember under the Mark McGee days we almost singed a player called Marco Gentile. He was stopped at the airport from coming over as we became aware that a third party would benefit from the deal which is of course illegal in England.... id assume its the same for the rest of europe but maybe its not the player himself that there is an issue with, maybe its his agent/ representatives or something like that...

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

I remember under the Mark McGee days we almost singed a player called Marco Gentile. He was stopped at the airport from coming over as we became aware that a third party would benefit from the deal which is of course illegal in England.... id assume its the same for the rest of europe but maybe its not the player himself that there is an issue with, maybe its his agent/ representatives or something like that...

I don't remember that but it doesn't look like we missed out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Gentile

As far as I can see, the only reason people want this guy is because he looks a bit like Mahrez.

If the best he can do is Real Betis for £6m, lets put our amateur hour scouting on Youtube to the side and assume that the rest of the footballing world who have decided not to 'take a punt' have watched him, studied him and decided he's not worth it.

7 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

As far as I can see, the only reason people want this guy is because he looks a bit like Mahrez.

If the best he can do is Real Betis for £6m, lets put our amateur hour scouting on Youtube to the side and assume that the rest of the footballing world who have decided not to 'take a punt' have watched him, studied him and decided he's not worth it.

The reason people wanted him is because we're all almost certain we are going to lose Mahrez, and we have absolutely no other creative outlet. Our goals often flow through Mahrez in one way or another and we look dire without him. Boudebouz was linked with at least 3 teams in the PL (Swansea, West Ham and Newcastle) so obviously fans of other teams will look into him, and whether he's good or not, the statistics of being the most prolific chance creator in Europe doesn't go unnoticed.

18 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The reason people wanted him is because we're all almost certain we are going to lose Mahrez, and we have absolutely no other creative outlet. Our goals often flow through Mahrez in one way or another and we look dire without him. Boudebouz was linked with at least 3 teams in the PL (Swansea, West Ham and Newcastle) so obviously fans of other teams will look into him, and whether he's good or not, the statistics of being the most prolific chance creator in Europe doesn't go unnoticed.

Was about to type the same. Bang on.

38 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

By that logic we shouldn't have taken punts on Mahrez and Kante?

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

By that logic we shouldn't have taken punts on Mahrez and Kante?

No because our scouts went to town and were happy with what they saw.

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Being the most prolific chance creator in Europe and going to Real Betis for £6m doesn't really add up does it.

9 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

No because our scouts went to town and were happy with what they saw.

Being the most prolific chance creator in Europe and going to Real Betis for £6m doesn't really add up does it.

Maybe not, but both are a matter of fact.

3 hours ago, ramadaone said:

£6M

When something looks too good to be true it usually is 

He wouldn't be £6m to a PL club, he would be many times that

Given his stats he would have been on every scouts watch-list from all over Europe. The fact he's signed for Betis not Liverpool, Roma or a Mahrez-less Leicester tells you what the world's top scouting systems thought of him

Wow this sucks, how the hell didn't we bid for him at that price?!? :o

He was cheaper than expected, his stats even halved would be decent enough for what we are desperately needing more of in the side - creative options.

Ugh, why do i think this is all because Demari Gray is a little moaning princess and if we brought in another winger/creative option he'd loose his head totally. I really cannot understand any other reason for us not looking at any creative players than that honestly.

I guess at least he didn't go to Swansea/West Ham and be amazing, that would have burned even more.

Archived