Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Widnes / Warrington

10 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Anyone?

OK, OK, I'll confess. I went there for a few days holiday last month! Took the family to Gullivers World, which is similar to the one at Matlock Bath, only larger and not on a hillside.

Only football shirts I saw were Liverpool. Think they might be more into their rugby league: the stadium seemed impressive.  Loads of retail parks, lots of expensive cars around.

TBH, that's the only time in my life I've been there, and I'm not sure when I'll be back again for a further report.....

1 minute ago, Mayofox said:

OK, OK, I'll confess. I went there for a few days holiday last month! Took the family to Gullivers World, which is similar to the one at Matlock Bath, only larger and not on a hillside.

Only football shirts I saw were Liverpool. Think they might be more into their rugby league: the stadium seemed impressive.  Loads of retail parks, lots of expensive cars around.

TBH, that's the only time in my life I've been there, and I'm not sure when I'll be back again for a further report.....

You went on holiday to Widnes?

13 minutes ago, Mayofox said:

You see I get the info eventually lol

bless ya, and you came home unscathed brilliant result lol 

Well, it was going well, until my youngest, in his wheelchair, tumbled over a kerb and stopped himself with his face !! So we also know the joys of Warrington A+E.    At least they give out free crisps and chocolate. Fortunately the marks are healed now (though he too may never return to W********n).   

1 hour ago, Mayofox said:

Well, it was going well, until my youngest, in his wheelchair, tumbled over a kerb and stopped himself with his face !! So we also know the joys of Warrington A+E.    At least they give out free crisps and chocolate. Fortunately the marks are healed now (though he too may never return to W********n).   

Bless him, hope all is ok now?

just in case I haven't mentioned previously but I have a son who lives in Widnes (only 11 bless him) who was a Liverpool fan until they sold Torres to Chelsea when he was 5/6 in 2011 so became a Manchester City fan (I'm still slowly convincing him to turn to the Foxes, however thorn in my side is that his step dad is an Arsenal fan) ;) so he is currently in a 3 way tug of war for his football allegiance lol 

Just now, billyn88 said:

Liverpooooooooool  

Ah only down the road then.  My dad was originally from Birkenhead (and is a Liverpool fan) and my grandad was an Everton fan. I did own a house in Widnes around 10/11 years ago but couldn't transfer my line of work up to there so stayed in sunny Leicestershire and met the current wife. :cool:

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Girlfriend is from just over the bridge in Runcorn. Mostly Liverpool that neck of the woods. Rough as fook and all

Ah yes my old sister in law and her hubby lived in Runcorn last I knew (around 10 years ago) and yes I remember it being a bit edgy up there 

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Ah yes my old sister in law and her hubby lived in Runcorn last I knew (around 10 years ago) and yes I remember it being a bit edgy up there 

Apparently Runcorn was a quiet rural sort of small town in the past but they built a load of council estates in the 60s to house Scousers who couldn't get council accommodation in Liverpool, town grew massively and it's been rough since then!

19 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Girlfriend is from just over the bridge in Runcorn. Mostly Liverpool that neck of the woods. Rough as fook and all

I bet she's got a nice personality though?

Archived