Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

why city prices should come down...

What I meant about Villa was this; they've had a drop in gates over the last couple of seasons. What's to stop them, being our closest Premiership team coming along and advertising on Radio Leicester "Come to Villa Park, the closest PL footy for miles around"? That's what you're suggesting we do to the general public from other local towns and cities. Whilst I'd love to see a situation where demand outstrips demand for seats at the WS, I wouldn't want it at the detriment of other football clubs, Northampton Town for example.

It's all well and good saying play attractive football and the crowds will return, but we can't afford the players to do that instantly. I don't know what CL's plans are, but I'm sure he wouldn't want to give the fans the kind of football that puts everyone off. The fact is that's what we're getting.

Most of us are hoping that he's building up to that.

For the record, we've been asked at both FCC meetings what will increase the crowds. I said both times results and good football. The board know this. Unless you want me to bang my fist on the table and make unreasonable demands, what else do you expect me to do except make my feelings known to them?

Do you really think radio Leicester would let avfc advertise for the Leicester public to watch them :rolleyes:

And i wasnt onabout those who support northampton town fc, but those who dont.

We CAN afford them, we just dont play that style. We play a cautious game. Which would you prefer? Lisa, ask anyone whos played at any level, which, ask Thracian, hes played semi pro i think, hes been telling us were not playing attacking football.

Hoping is NOT good enough, were paying "professionals", come on Lisa.

come on Lisa,come on Lisa,come on Lisa lol

YES, bang ya f-in fist on the table, and show the filbert way walls some passion!! WE are paying huge amounts of money, so DEMAND ENTERTAINMENT, or just put up with whats happening?

Listen, if they wont listen to you Lisa, then tell everyone, and we`ll all be very disapointed, hopefully so much so, that they`ll then LISTEN.

You encourage the team by clenching your fist? I dont want a spokesperson whos just going to ask :( i want someone who will get answers.

V brighton, who`d rather 2-2 than 0-0?

Ft, why is it a ST fault if they dont bring someone? Maybe its the clubs fault, sorry, you cant say a bad word about them can you.

Whatever our "new" team is, its not playing good enough football to encourage more fans, simple as, and your just defending lcfc, because your scared of admitting the truth.

Im a fan of CL, i hope theres something happening for the future, whether thats true or not?

Amazing, seff utd have umpteen strikers, and their top cos they score alot. We have 2 strikers and de lump. STOP defending CL`s cautious approach and lets get some attacking football going!!!

Scowy, you can only win if you attack. And i think your wrong, we`ll attract more people losing 4-5, than 0-1. I remember hearing folk eager to come after the first 2 games produced 11 goals. None of them were encouraged after the ipswich game.

If Lisa is brilliant (and shes ok) why doesnt she know the policy on HER own members scheme?

So shut it muppet :)

If Lisa is brilliant (and shes ok) why doesnt she know the policy on HER own members scheme?

So shut it muppet :)

Because the member's scheme, per se, is not my invention. I merely made a suggestion to try to encourage members of the scheme to come to a game against unattractive opposition for a mid-week game where the attandance was expected to be shite.

You're the one that started spouting off in a number of PM's about a specific games, and policies and schemes etc.

Next time anyone asks me for ideas, I won't bother.

Do you really think radio Leicester would let avfc advertise for the Leicester public to watch them :rolleyes:

And i wasnt onabout those who support northampton town fc, but those who dont.

Theres multi millions of people living in and around Leicestershire who dont have a football team of any substance, with a quality ground of any substance, all we need is a decent product to get them in.

OR put word out to those multi millions, of a ST worth £10 per game, and if we get to capacity interested, bobs ya uncle. Im sure the Leicester bbc would invite interest, ads in the northampton echo, rugby echo corby north cambridgeshire. We might sell out the last 15 games at a sale of £150 per ST, and if so, reduce the current STH`s aswell with a £45 rebate.

You're talking about advertising our football club in areas where there are already professional clubs. Chances are those who don't support their local team either already support City (like Craig), support another side (usually one of the 'big' clubs), or have no interest in football at all. There won't be that many neutrals in my opinion.

If we had the performances on the field, we would stand a better chance of poaching those other supporters, or getting the neutrals interested.

We CAN afford them, we just dont play that style.

No we can't. Do you want to see the club go into massive debt again, and risk Administration or worse still going out of business?

We play a cautious game. Which would you prefer? Lisa, ask anyone whos played at any level, which, ask Thracian, hes played semi pro i think, hes been telling us were not playing attacking football.

Hoping is NOT good enough, were paying "professionals", come on Lisa.

come on Lisa,come on Lisa,come on Lisa lol

If you actually read anything I write, then you'd know that I think the style we are playing is boring, and not conducive to an afternoon or evening's entertainment. It's been a big part of my argument as to the real reason why attendances are dropping.

YES, bang ya f-in fist on the table, and show the filbert way walls some passion!! WE are paying huge amounts of money, so DEMAND ENTERTAINMENT, or just put up with whats happening?

Listen, if they wont listen to you Lisa, then tell everyone, and we`ll all be very disapointed, hopefully so much so, that they`ll then LISTEN.

You encourage the team by clenching your fist? I dont want a spokesperson whos just going to ask :( i want someone who will get answers.

V brighton, who`d rather 2-2 than 0-0?

Tim Henman clenches his fist. Apparently Sven did so last night. Examples of passionate men there! :rolleyes:

Effective communication is the best way to get your point across. There may be times when being aggressive is necessary, but I've always found a more assertive manner is best. This doesn't involve any table banging or fist clenching.

By the way, if you don't ask, you don't get answers, that's surely blindingly obvious.

Because the member's scheme, per se, is not my invention. I merely made a suggestion to try to encourage members of the scheme to come to a game against unattractive opposition for a mid-week game where the attandance was expected to be shite.

Next time anyone asks me for ideas, I won't bother.

I sense contradiction to defend yourself from embarrasment. Theres even more evidence of that, that in just about every conversation we have, your attitude is one of negativeness.

BTW, you say suggestion, then outline it with 28 words. Hardly a suggestion, more like a idea ;)

Plus, this is the first time you`ve disatnced yourself from this idea, since ive found a whopping whole in it.

Lets us draw a line under this subject, we know you made a mistake, you wont admit it, and i hate making you look more stupid.

"There won't be that many neutrals in my opinion."

Northampton alone has hundreds of thousands of people living there, we only need another 10k at city.

"If we had the performances on the field, we would stand a better chance of poaching those other supporters, or getting the neutrals interested."

"If you actually read anything I write, then you'd know that I think the style we are playing is boring, and not conducive to an afternoon or evening's entertainment. It's been a big part of my argument as to the real reason why attendances are dropping."

Now were getting somewhere. How about we play forward thinking football, rather than the cautious approach? A few more strikers would help, atleast weve got smudger, CL is LEARNING.

"No we can't. Do you want to see the club go into massive debt again, and risk Administration or worse still going out of business?"

How much did elvis, smudger, hughes, hamill, sylla and hume cost, their attacking players, so we can afford them. We have atleast another million from the connolly sale.

"Tim Henman clenches his fist. Apparently Sven did so last night. Examples of passionate men there!"

Tim has done well in tennis, hes successfull. sven was releived, but still a tad passionette.

"Effective communication is the best way to get your point across. There may be times when being aggressive is necessary, but I've always found a more assertive manner is best. This doesn't involve any table banging or fist clenching."

Yes by all means ask politely first, but that hasnt worked so MAKE YOUR POINT to them, you have fan backing Lisa. Go Lisa,Go Lisa,Go Lisa,Go Lisa, :)

I sense contradiction to defend yourself from embarrasment. Theres even more evidence of that, that in just about every conversation we have, your attitude is one of negativeness.

BTW, you say suggestion, then outline it with 28 words. Hardly a suggestion, more like a idea ;)

Plus, this is the first time you`ve disatnced yourself from this idea, since ive found a whopping whole in it.

Contradiction? Whopping whole? Whole what? Whole lotta Rosie?

If you mean 'hole', then what hole? I've asked this before.

Lets us draw a line under this subject, we know you made a mistake, you wont admit it, and i hate making you look more stupid.

What's the mistake? My idea apparently lead to a higher than expected gate, we were told.

Northampton alone has hundreds of thousands of people living there, we only need another 10k at city.

194,458 according to the 2001 Census.

"If we had the performances on the field, we would stand a better chance of poaching those other supporters, or getting the neutrals interested."

"If you actually read anything I write, then you'd know that I think the style we are playing is boring, and not conducive to an afternoon or evening's entertainment. It's been a big part of my argument as to the real reason why attendances are dropping."

Now were getting somewhere. How about we play forward thinking football, rather than the cautious approach? A few more strikers would help, atleast weve got smudger, CL is LEARNING.

And we've already told the board we want more attacking football. There's been enough press about it. Hell, I'd even agree with Chandler and say CL must have seen it!!

"No we can't. Do you want to see the club go into massive debt again, and risk Administration or worse still going out of business?"

How much did elvis, smudger, hughes, hamill, sylla and hume cost, their attacking players, so we can afford them. We have atleast another million from the connolly sale.

Then there's wages.

Look, I've been disappointed to see decent players signing for our rivals. Whatever their reasons for being able to sign them, at the end of the day they haven't signed for us. As much as I love City, the fact is we either can't afford transfer fees, can't afford wages, both, or we're just not an attractive proposition. I know you'd play for them for free, I would, but we're fans, not players.

"Tim Henman clenches his fist. Apparently Sven did so last night. Examples of passionate men there!"

Tim has done well in tennis, hes successfull. sven was releived, but still a tad passionette.

Tim's ok. But he's not Mr Charisma. Tiger Tim? Pussycat more like!

"Effective communication is the best way to get your point across. There may be times when being aggressive is necessary, but I've always found a more assertive manner is best. This doesn't involve any table banging or fist clenching."

Yes by all means ask politely first, but that hasnt worked so MAKE YOUR POINT to them, you have fan backing Lisa. Go Lisa,Go Lisa,Go Lisa,Go Lisa, :)

I don't know how to take you half the time.

What planet are you on? If Leicester got a couple of relegations and Northamton got a couple of promotions I wouldn't be going to see Northampton, and I don't think many Northampton fans will be coming to Filbert way any time soon, so that's Nothampton supporters ruled out.

Anyone in Northampton who wants to see a glamorous team that they have no geographical affinity with is probably a fair weather Liverpool or Man U supporter already. I'm old enough to have gone to Primary school when Leicester were doing well in the early/mid 70's, even then half of my class were fair weather Leeds fans, and not much has changed since except the names of the clubs at the top of the pile.

With a few honourable exceptions Leiceter fans are drawn from people with a Leicester connection and always will be, and it 'aint no bad thing either!

Simon

I think its unfair to say it would be unfair to STH, if LCFC brought ST up to a more sensible level the prices would be nearer £200 for half a season let alone a full season, its the club's own fault for allowing the situation to brew like this. ST prices have dropped to ridicolous level's making it hard to rise them again as their will be critiscm if they do and making it unaffordable to lower matchday prices because their is a shortfall in ST revenue to make up. It is dissapointing to see people speak on here who apperently represent the fans act like they are board member's.

Unfortenatly I dont know a STH I could wait outside the ground hoping one lets me go in with him to get my discount or just pay £15 which I feel is reasonable vs someone like norwich, I will gladly pay something like £10 to watch burnley. As I can only afford 2 games this season and 1 is away I will need to pick my home game carefully.

Why one away game? - that puts no money into the club,perhaps where you live?

So you are willing to pay one £10 to watch a single game this season - sorry we have to represent all fans but our priority is the ones who will attend a fair number of games.

Obviously we don't know your personal circumstances, but it would appear that watching LCFC is fairly low on your list. It's all a personal preference, no problem - but we wouldn't be doing our job by asking the club to increase ST prices (affecting 14,000 fans), so you can perhaps turn up to a couple of games instead.

Contradiction?

If you mean 'hole', then what hole?

What's the mistake? My idea apparently lead to a higher than expected gate, we were told.

194,458 according to the 2001 Census.

And we've already told the board we want more attacking football. There's been enough press about it.

Then there's wages.

As much as I love City, the fact is we either can't afford transfer fees, can't afford wages, both, or we're just not an attractive proposition.

I know you'd play for them for free, I would, but we're fans, not players.

Tim's ok. But he's not Mr Charisma. Tiger Tim? Pussycat more like!

I don't know how to take you half the time.

You said it was a suggestion, than idea. I found a hole in your idea, because you couldnt guarentee STH`s would be better off than members.

Your idea, not suggestion ;)

194,458 4 years ago, so hundreds of thousands.

You told the board, and they didnt/couldnt listen. Maybe you/me/city fans should demand attacking football, or should we just put up with things? :(

Its not fact Lisa, its what the club want you and i to believe, we have ONE MILLION POUND left from the sale of connolly.

Lisa n lush up front, we`d score ;)lol

Whada ya mean tims "ok", when have you reached the semis of wimbledon, apart from coca cola league cup in 97 :) you pussycat ;)

Take me as someone who wants the best for city. I may "sound harsh", but im being absolutely honest Lisa. Im not going to sit here and say "good old Lisa/FT" or whoever, if i feel theres something wrong, i`ll "investigate" and ask questions. If you cant provide an answer, something wrong. But if you can, GREAT!!

Im not your enemy, i care, remember that.

wirral, i wasnt onabout northampton fans, appology? Theres roswell, desborough, lutterworth and rugby city fans that i know of, there must be someone living in north northamptonshire? There are people out there (thousands) that might like to come see city, lets ask them?

I also know alot of non city fans in leicester who want to see city, but WANT entertaining.

You said it was a suggestion, than idea. I found a hole in your idea, because you couldnt guarentee STH`s would be better off than members.

Idea, suggestion, where's the contradiction? They mean similar things to me.

As for this 'hole' of yours, it's an obsession you have that someone might pay less than you, technically speaking, for one game. :o As I keep saying, if you want to worry about the odd match here and there when in the long run you have better value for money that's your problem.

If you bought 6 packs of lager, but the supermarket you shopped at did a special one off, take them whilst they're there individual can offer that worked out to say 50p a can cheaper than your 6 pack, would you be straight round to the store manager to complain? Because it does happen.

184,610 in 1991. Based on an average growth rate at a constant rate, today's population is 198,397. A whopping 2 hundreds of thousands!

You told the board, and they didnt/couldnt listen. Maybe you/me/city fans should demand attacking football, or should we just put up with things? :(

Vote with your feet, that's what everyone else is doing. I don't know what you expect us to do about this. CL doesn't come to these meetings, are you saying he should? Wouldn't it be better to contact him yourself, get it from the horses mouth, so's to speak?

Its not fact Lisa, its what the club want you and i to believe, we have ONE MILLION POUND left from the sale of connolly.

So where is the money for wages going to come from? It won't be gate receipts at this rate!

I think it comes down to one thing - individuals. None of this loyalty, keep the faith things - its individuals. Can anyone justify £300+ a season for a average person to watch their team play football and walk past all the flash cars with personalised number plates.

Everyone has a story hes my (brief) example - I have been a fan! of about ten years, only got a season ticket when they got promoted from div 1 a few years back (behind Portsmouth?). Renewed the next season as in Prem and did not mind paying same/more! They got relegated and was going to renew till got the most ludicrus booklet through post explaining how prices are staying the same because you are getting 23 games instead of 18, oh and bye bye cup game etc. I only had season ticket for 2 years and was shocked, way to show the fans loyalty!

I understand about the loss of revenue going down but here is idea - last game of season reward season ticket holders who go to last home game with cash back (prob spend it in ground on warm beer anyway!) How, by halfing the players wages that week :-

16 Players (lets say ave £5000 a week - low!) 16 x 5000 = 80,000

80,000/18,000 season ticket holders = 4.44 say fiver (enough almost for pint and burger!)

With the way some of them play, I'd halve their wages most weeks for underperforming!!

Now theres an idea (for all but youth players) :-

Leicester Win - No deduction

Leicester Draw - 25% deduction

Leicester Lose - 50% deduction

Money over the season in a pot and shared amoungst season ticket holders

Lisa n lush up front, we`d score ;)lol

Whada ya mean tims "ok", when have you reached the semis of wimbledon, apart from coca cola league cup in 97 :) you pussycat ;)

Take me as someone who wants the best for city. I may "sound harsh", but im being absolutely honest Lisa. Im not going to sit here and say "good old Lisa/FT" or whoever, if i feel theres something wrong, i`ll "investigate" and ask questions. If you cant provide an answer, something wrong. But if you can, GREAT!!

Im not your enemy, i care, remember that.

wirral, i wasnt onabout northampton fans, appology? Theres roswell, desborough, lutterworth and rugby city fans that i know of, there must be someone living in north northamptonshire? There are people out there (thousands) that might like to come see city, lets ask them?

I also know alot of non city fans in leicester who want to see city, but WANT entertaining.

1. Less than 200'000 citizens is NOT hundreds of thousands. It's less than that. A lot less. You can't even count. But that's peanuts.

2. Do you seriously think a football board has nothing better to do than listening to fans? I appreciate the fact that there is dialogue between the two sides in Leicester (Kudos to Lisa and her fellas!), but fans hardly ever have a business sense (manager) or a good understanding of effective football tactics (coach). The best the club can do is consider their choices after those meetings have taken place. We all want our club to do better and I think we're on a good way here. So stop moaning.

3. We DO NOT have one million pound left from the Connolly trade. 80% of that money has already been re-invested in Hume and Hammond. We could see a little more money should Wigan stay up in the Premiership. That was part of the deal. Bending the truth in your favour Lush is not a very convincing way.

4. Your jokes are absolutely unfunny.

Now theres an idea (for all but youth players) :-

Leicester Win - No deduction

Leicester Draw - 25% deduction

Leicester Lose - 50% deduction

Money over the season in a pot and shared amoungst season ticket holders

The contracts have rewards in that achieve the same thing & are already in the budget.

Basic salary

Bonus for not losing

Further bonus for winning

So if we lose a game, players do receive less -however you won't get a free burger, as continued losses = reduced crowds - so the reduced wage payout contributes to the gates shortfall.

Its known as good accounting

2. Do you seriously think a football board has nothing better to do than listening to fans? I appreciate the fact that there is dialogue between the two sides in Leicester (Kudos to Lisa and her fellas!), but fans hardly ever have a business sense (manager) or a good understanding of effective football tactics (coach). The best the club can do is consider their choices after those meetings have taken place. We all want our club to do better and I think we're on a good way here. So stop moaning.

Ere - the Foxes Trust has been having dialogue with the club since we were formed & meet LCFC officials on many more occasions than FCC meetings. We are also represented at the FCC.

The FCC is much improved on the Fans Forum of last season & we are glad that Lisa & others attending give their considered views.

Fans do have business sense, over 10 clubs in the FL are now ran by Trusts and are some of the best financially ran clubs in the country.

Agree however at the end of any consultation session, the club has the final say & that will never change. What has changed however is that the club is listening & acting on what it hears far more than ever before.

Is anyone else bored shitless with this thread now?

Too right, although I'm bored of most posts by a poster beginning with 'l' and ending with 'h' :closedeyes::closedeyes::closedeyes::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Why one away game? - that puts no money into the club,perhaps where you live?

So you are willing to pay one £10 to watch a single game this season - sorry we have to represent all fans but our priority is the ones who will attend a fair number of games.

Obviously we don't know your personal circumstances, but it would appear that watching LCFC is fairly low on your list. It's all a personal preference, no problem - but we wouldn't be doing our job by asking the club to increase ST prices (affecting 14,000 fans), so you can perhaps turn up to a couple of games instead.

The away game is free I only have to pay petrol money, and I can afford one game out my own pocket.

I already stated you cant just increase ST prices with no real reason (promotion) the club have got themselves down a cul-de-sac now, but until the club try a high profile match with discounted prices they cannot say "we told you so" they only have speculation that decreasing prices wont sufficently increase attendances.

You right if I dropped other things say my internet connection I could use that to watch one game every 2 months, but you mis percieve the bad value for money, for the price of 1 game I can pick between 2 month's of my internet which I use a lot or 90 mins of live entertainment.

The contracts have rewards in that achieve the same thing & are already in the budget.

Basic salary

Bonus for not losing

Further bonus for winning

Its known as good accounting

You said it all - Basic (too high) salary, bonus for winning (not going to pay that one out much!). But the key one bonus for not losing - thats not a fine for losing is it!!!

Idea, suggestion, where's the contradiction? They mean similar things to me.

As for this 'hole' of yours, it's an obsession you have that someone might pay less than you, technically speaking, for one game.

184,610 in 1991. Based on an average growth rate at a constant rate, today's population is 198,397. A whopping 2 hundreds of thousands!

Vote with your feet, that's what everyone else is doing. I don't know what you expect us to do about this.

CL doesn't come to these meetings, are you saying he should? Wouldn't it be better to contact him yourself, get it from the horses mouth, so's to speak?

Come Lisa, you said suggestion to back out of it, be brave and admit it.

Its not obssession, you wont admit its not a fair idea, im just trying to get that through your thick skull. :)

Thats what i said, hundreds of thousands ;)

Im not suprised you dont know what to do. Try reading what the problem i suggest means

Its not CL`s problem he was oppointed, but he does have a duty to make our club successfull. At the moment, hes not doing that, hence all the complaints and moans.

swissfox, "We DO NOT have one million pound left from the Connolly trade. 80% of that money has already been re-invested in Hume and Hammond."

do you mean plus wages? exactly how much of the 2 million did city recieve?

anish "I'm bored of most posts by a poster beginning with 'l' and ending with 'h' "

then ignore my posts, dont read them, its THAT simple.

Come Lisa, you said suggestion to back out of it, be brave and admit it.

Its not obssession, you wont admit its not a fair idea, im just trying to get that through your thick skull. :)

Thats what i said, hundreds of thousands ;)

Im not suprised you dont know what to do. Try reading what the problem i suggest means

Its not CL`s problem he was oppointed, but he does have a duty to make our club successfull. At the moment, hes not doing that, hence all the complaints and moans.

And when are you going to get it through your thick skull that idea and suggestion mean similar things?

And why should I admit something is unfair when I don't think it's unfair?

I do know what you mean, and I can't believe you want to focus so much energy on one thing. I don't know your circumstances, but if you want to quibble over a quid or two, then I feel sorry for you. I don't suppose you'll be praising the club the next time the casual supporter pays £15-£16 more than you for the next A grade game?

There are enough people making the point about results and style of play. CL only has to look around the WS to see what people think. Why waste time going over this when there are other issues to deal with?

Archived