Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

why city prices should come down...

This just emphasisies why your not fit to to listen to fans, as ive already told you, atleast twice now.

Thank you, I love you too. :wub:

Ive explained what i would do, but you didnt read it? ATTRACT 30,000 people with a policy of football thats attractable. Its always been the best policy of sell.

So that's how you do it! Struth, why hasn't anyone else thought of this one? Are you reading Craig?

Just one question, how do you propose to pay for the players that would produce such an event?

Theres multi millions of people living in and around Leicestershire.....

Exactly how many of the 55m inhabitants of the British Isles live around Leicester? I didn't realise we lived in such a highly populated area!

Theres multi millions of people living in and around Leicestershire who dont have a football team of any substance, with a quality ground of any substance, all we need is a decent product to get them in.

OR put word out to those multi millions, of a ST worth £10 per game, and if we get to capacity interested, bobs ya uncle. Im sure the Leicester bbc would invite interest, ads in the northampton echo, rugby echo corby north cambridgeshire. We might sell out the last 15 games at a sale of £150 per ST, and if so, reduce the current STH`s aswell with a £45 rebate.

Of course, I hope Villa don't think the same way! Premiership football and all that!

Thank you, I love you too. :wub:

Just one question, how do you propose to pay for the players that would produce such an event?

Exactly how many of the 55m inhabitants of the British Isles live around Leicester? I didn't realise we lived in such a highly populated area!

Of course, I hope Villa don't think the same way! Premiership football and all that!

Hey dont get me wrong Lisa, i admire you being a fans spokes person, i just dont think your fantastic at it. Would you rather people just applauded you whatever they thought :(

What, we need more finance to play attacking football :rolleyes: come on, you see this is the mentality football supporters have been led by, that if you pay us more money, then we can be better. de lump is less attacking than elvis. hughes is less attacking than sylla, wilcox and tiatto are less attacking players than hamill, is it rocket science Lisa, come on. The reason only 20,000 turn up (in playing ability) is because craig is scared of attacking, simple as, its NOT rocket science.

Who said 55million? :rolleyes: do you read to what i write. There must be 5 million people in our region that dont have the basis of success city do.

be silly to think we could attract villa fans

Hey dont get me wrong Lisa, i admire you being a fans spokes person, i just dont think your fantastic at it. Would you rather people just applauded you whatever they thought :(

What, we need more finance to play attacking football :rolleyes: come on, you see this is the mentality football supporters have been led by, that if you pay us more money, then we can be better. de lump is less attacking than elvis. hughes is less attacking than sylla, wilcox and tiatto are less attacking players than hamill, is it rocket science Lisa, come on. The reason only 20,000 turn up (in playing ability) is because craig is scared of attacking, simple as, its NOT rocket science.

Who said 55million? :rolleyes: do you read to what i write. There must be 5 million people in our region that dont have the basis of success city do.

Attracting new fan's is important agreed,but what is more important is to get the fan's who already support City to come to matches.

They haven't vanished into thin air, they are still out there-we have to make coming down the city more attractive, be it cheaper tickets or better football

Attracting new fan's is important agreed,but what is more important is to get the fan's who already support City to come to matches.

They haven't vanished into thin air, they are still out there-we have to make coming down the city more attractive, be it cheaper tickets or better football

Which is my point!

Lush has missed it again. What I meant about Villa was this; they've had a drop in gates over the last couple of seasons. What's to stop them, being our closest Premiership team coming along and advertising on Radio Leicester "Come to Villa Park, the closest PL footy for miles around"? That's what you're suggesting we do to the general public from other local towns and cities. Whilst I'd love to see a situation where demand outstrips demand for seats at the WS, I wouldn't want it at the detriment of other football clubs, Northampton Town for example.

Money is a huge problem with the game. Those at the top are creaming it off, whilst teams in the lower leagues struggle to stay in business. It's being driven by inflated transfer fees and excessive wages. The best players are holding the game to ransom, and somewhere along the line we wasted £25m+ and almost lost our club in the process.

It's all well and good saying play attractive football and the crowds will return, but we can't afford the players to do that instantly. I don't know what CL's plans are, but I'm sure he wouldn't want to give the fans the kind of football that puts everyone off. The fact is that's what we're getting.

Most of us are hoping that he's building up to that.

For the record, we've been asked at both FCC meetings what will increase the crowds. I said both times results and good football. The board know this. Unless you want me to bang my fist on the table and make unreasonable demands, what else do you expect me to do except make my feelings known to them?

The Population of Leicestershire in 2001 was 610k, of which 446k are between 16-74 (source: 2001 Census). So where are the millions of people exactly? And you can reduce that number significantly by stripping out those who are not interested in Football / Sport at all.

I'd be very surprised if the club don't have detailed financial models which show forecast revenue based on various ticket prices. It isn't as simple as discount price = full stadium = 50 % increase in revenue per head. Lots of costs would likely increase including Stewarding / policing costs, clean up, repairs etc.

Also if they discount tickets more than now, STH's will rightly expect refunds - from money which has probably already been spent. Where is that going to come from? It probably doesn't add up financially in the middle of the season.

If we can sell it out in the prem then why cant we now like allen said they havent just dissapeared i can understand them not wanting to come to games with the results we have been getting.

One problem - club gets a fixed fee from Lindlay's, so it won't make any difference - except maybe for the value of contract next time

Well pointed out. I was going to mention that if nobody else did.

It's likely that the club tendered their catering services to local caterers who then paid LCFC for the 'privilege', in this case Lindley.

So it doesn't matter how many people eat burgers or buy pints, LCFC won't have anything extra to show for it. The only way more fans will increase revenue is if they buy a matchday programme or merchandise from the club shop, which is always hit and miss.

med_gallery_78_1_515.jpg

This is TOP CLASS football, 10 euros whats that £6.30?

That's a bit of an unfair comparison, Tom.

Milan has been in the Serie A for ages, won numerous national championships and European titles and usually plays in front of a sold-out crowd of 80000+ fans at the Giuseppe Meazza.

Now calculate 10 Euros x 80000. That's 800000 Euros A GAME. And as they play 17 times at home, that's a total of what? At least 14 million Euros EACH SEASON.

Guessing that the 10 Euros are for the cheaper places, that amount easily rises to about 20 to 25 million.

And I don't even have included the TV rights yet...!

Now compare that to Leicester... ;)

That's a bit of an unfair comparison, Tom.

Milan has been in the Serie A for ages, won numerous national championships and European titles and usually plays in front of a sold-out crowd of 80000+ fans at the Giuseppe Meazza.

Now calculate 10 Euros x 80000. That's 800000 Euros A GAME. And as they play 17 times at home, that's a total of what? At least 14 million Euros EACH SEASON.

Guessing that the 10 Euros are for the cheaper places, that amount easily rises to about 20 to 25 million.

And I don't even have included the TV rights yet...!

Now compare that to Leicester... ;)

that is true although it is cheap you may have gone to a game like burnley coming up like some sort of fans fixture or something :D:ph34r::thumbup:

You know what, Lush? Move your lazy arse to the club and candidate as the next fan spokesperson or the new chief executive. I am sure your previous record as well as your current qualifications make it an easy choice...

"Wilcox and Tiatto are less attacking players than Hammill" Your genius really strikes me each time I read one of your unbelieavebly intelligent posts. Kudos, Lushyboy! Even a five-year old couldn't have said it more poignant!

And again, you have no idea what you're talking about. 5 million people around Leicester? Have you ever been to school, my dear? Geography and such? :doh:

"The reason why only (notice the "only") 20000 show up is because Craig (Levein) is scared of attacking..." :doh::doh::doh: You have definitely lost the plot... Which mental institution do you belong to? :wave:

Alright then clever-clogs, you've bitched, moaned and sniped at every idea that's designed to get the casual supporter into the WS, so what's your big and clever plan to increase attendances?

Probably clicked the wrong button here (riding on Lisa's message) but yeh of course its nice to get the price down, always a problem when set against season ticket prices though, which I think are very well priced.

My 'day out ' experience was costing me 75 to 100 quid last season for a home game , not including ticket price, but due to MY choice of having a social drink or two with friends , and eating as well ....(OMG !)

But just on ticket prices ......LCFC aint far off the mark, sad to say the team aint 'entertaining' as may be required at the moment, but I bet this 'arguement ' will fade as we get better.

It is of course a reflection on the state of the economy in general as well just now, so dont be too quick 'call' those that set prices for tickets.

BTW Hello Lisa .

Of course it s ok if a STH brings his/her mate, but the plan has not recognised those that dont.

Your answer is of spin nature, and your words are seriously worrying me now. You are not talking like a fan, but of someone more associated with "chief exec" vision, particuly with your second point, "the fact remains..." pure spin. Your 3rd point, SHOULDNT THE PAID PEOPLE AT THE CLUB BE DOING THEIR JOB...?

Ive explained what i would do, but you didnt read it? ATTRACT 30,000 people with a policy of football thats attractable. Its always been the best policy of sell. Theres multi millions of people living in and around Leicestershire who dont have a football team of any substance, with a quality ground of any substance, all we need is a decent product to get them in.

So its a problem so ST's that don't bring a friend - well they had the opportunity

Stating ST's get a better deal over a season is not spin, it's clearly a fact - just do the sums

How many sides put together a brand new squad of players & start playing attractive football within months - players take time to gel. It would help is we played the same side 2 games in a row, but that hasn't been possible & CL is still seeking a fixed 1st choice 11.

As Lisa has said, the club can't afford to bring in the finished articles, so are going for players with potential, in reality not all will prove a success, but even MON couldn't claim 100% in signings.

With the novelty of a new stadium gone, getting a full house in the Championship will be difficult, even if the club was top, just look at attendances around the country this season

Im sure the Leicester bbc would invite interest, ads in the northampton echo, rugby echo corby north cambridgeshire. We might sell out the last 15 games at a sale of £150 per ST, and if so, reduce the current STH`s aswell with a £45 rebate.

BBC stations aren't commercial, so can only cover things not plug them.

If people won't commit to membership to get £17 tickets, they are not going to cough up £150 in advance either.

They are other factors to be considered. eg Wolves are in the last 10 games. Our fans had to pay £27 to get in there, so a similar pricing level should be faced by their visiting fans at our ground

Lush doesn't offer any feasible/logical/sane suggestions in terms of increasing attendances.

One of his suggestions includes employing attacking football - Winning games would also have the same effect, irrepective of the style of play. Being entetaining and losing won't attract many more people.

With regards to the catchment area, Lush plucks out a general figure ('Multi-Million') which isn't anywhere near the reality.

As for Lisa, she is brilliant, so shut it Muppet.

Oh, and Hello Alan. :thumbup:

I think its unfair to say it would be unfair to STH, if LCFC brought ST up to a more sensible level the prices would be nearer £200 for half a season let alone a full season, its the club's own fault for allowing the situation to brew like this. ST prices have dropped to ridicolous level's making it hard to rise them again as their will be critiscm if they do and making it unaffordable to lower matchday prices because their is a shortfall in ST revenue to make up. It is dissapointing to see people speak on here who apperently represent the fans act like they are board member's.

Unfortenatly I dont know a STH I could wait outside the ground hoping one lets me go in with him to get my discount or just pay £15 which I feel is reasonable vs someone like norwich, I will gladly pay something like £10 to watch burnley. As I can only afford 2 games this season and 1 is away I will need to pick my home game carefully.

bringing the prices down wont make us fill the stadium. We didnt sell out at Filbert Street when not doing very well, hell even not in the Premiership so for 32,000 city fans to go to the WS we really need to be playing some **** brilliant football which we arent doing at the minute.

bringing the prices down wont make us fill the stadium. We didnt sell out at Filbert Street when not doing very well, hell even not in the Premiership so for 32,000 city fans to go to the WS we really need to be playing some **** brilliant football which we arent doing at the minute.

Basically,

The reasons I haven't been this year are in no particular order:-

1) I've paid around £400 for the last few years and got no value whatsoever, no early renewal discount was going to make up for that.

2) I don't feel attached to the club anymore, there's no aptmosphere at games, I feel no contact with the players (difficult when we change the squad every season!), no relationship with the club.

3) It is expensive. I was watching the Engalnd game with my mate on Saturday, another lapsed season ticket holder, and told him I was tempted to go once this season until I told him the cheapest seat on the day was £27. His response "£27 forget it", or words to that effect.

4) I look at the performances/results/style of football we've been playing and yes I know those of you who have actually been going say we're improving but not enough for me.

OK Fans Fixtures, Burnley, Tuesday night in Mid-October Champions League on TV, I'll give it a miss thanks!

Coventry, Championship Football or Sunday Lunch er No!

Just a final thing everytime I come on here and read the FT or fans representatives statements I usually feel like screaming!

Right, Chyrsalis and Les (if I may call you that). At the moment City could give free tickets away, and people wouldn't be interested in going. People were more than happy to pay those prices three seasons ago, or whatever, so what's changed? Results.

The only way attendances will pick up is when results do, as Scowy pointed out.

So I "act like (they are) board member's"? Why? Because I can look at the bigger picture? Because I'm not thinking about my own pocket or whether or not I have a Sunday roast? I do apologise. Perhaps I should start campaigning for £5 tickets all round, quick reimburse ST holders!! At least in the Conference we won't have to pay the wages we currently do.

BTW, the decision to move the Cov game to a Sunday was made by the Police.

To get back to the orogonal point, there is something about the way British football does it's finances that you don't see anywhere else.

A few weeks ago the Observer printed a league table of seat prices throughout Europe. The looked at the cost of One Adult and One child attending the next home game:

You can see the full article at:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/blueprint/s...1574204,00.html

But the prices were:

Chelsea £90 Birmingham £60.50 Newcastle £56 Portsmouth £52 Everton £46 Real Madrid £28.60 Bolton £26 Valencia £24.80 Crawley Town £24 Hereford £22 Roma £21.40 Juventus £20.70 Blackburn £20 Aston Villa £20 Woking £19 Bayern Munich £12.40 Borussia Dortmund £12 Bayern Leverkusen £11.70 Schalke £9.30

There is plenty of money in the game in Italy and Spain in particular and the top German teams compete on level terms with the best in Europe, but tocket proces are much lower. I know the crowds are different sizes, but how can Crawley Town costing twice as much as Bayern Munich be justified?

I live in Liverpool and have small children at home, so live Leicester games are an occasional treat for me, but even if I still lived locally, there is no way round the fact £27 for the cheapest ticket on the day at a championship game too much, and certainly enough to put off casual supporters.This must be a factor in the low attendances this season a well as the league position. Having more supporters paying a bit less each has to be the way forward rather than distilling the support down to a hardcore of supporters with deep pockets or the willingness to pay upfront for season tickets.

Simon

This major difference in the finances between England and on the continent could have a lot to do with the cost of owning and running their stadiums. Ok, we don't own ours at the moment, but most clubs do, and that is different to say Milan who don;t own or maintain the San Siro. That is done by the local council. They also don't pay for stewards or policing as far as I'm aware.

And if you want to know why Woking cost so much, it's got something to do with Land in Surrey being expensive; council tax is expensive (£1400 a year on a 3 bed terrace) so Business rates probably are too. And they financed most of their own new stand a few years ago. Not the way it usually works overseas.

To be fair though, £27 as the cheapest price is for a Grade A game. I was told that at that time, they were planning just 3 Grade A games this season.

I don't suppose the Observer article mentioned the fact that a lot of continental clubs are massively in debt or have wealthy owners injecting large cash sums into their clubs?

I don't suppose the Observer article mentioned the fact that a lot of continental clubs are massively in debt or have wealthy owners injecting large cash sums into their clubs?

To be honest that statement coule be applied to England too. Many of the clubs that have come into the premiership in recent years (Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton, Middlesborough) have relied on Wealthy benefactors who are resigned to never seeing a purely finincial return on their investment. Most clubs outside the top flight are heavily in debt too, and so are quite a few in the prem. Hardly any of the clubs oputside the prem make a profit.

Simon

This major difference in the finances between England and on the continent could have a lot to do with the cost of owning and running their stadiums. Ok, we don't own ours at the moment, but most clubs do, and that is different to say Milan who don;t own or maintain the San Siro. That is done by the local council. They also don't pay for stewards or policing as far as I'm aware.

And if you want to know why Woking cost so much, it's got something to do with Land in Surrey being expensive; council tax is expensive (£1400 a year on a 3 bed terrace) so Business rates probably are too. And they financed most of their own new stand a few years ago. Not the way it usually works overseas.

Perhap this points to the fact that clubs should be more community-based than they are now, but charge less? Outside the top flight a purely business model is becoming increasingly untenable.

Simon

To be honest that statement coule be applied to England too. Many of the clubs that have come into the premiership in recent years (Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton, Middlesborough) have relied on Wealthy benefactors who are resigned to never seeing a purely finincial return on their investment. Most clubs outside the top flight are heavily in debt too, and so are quite a few in the prem. Hardly any of the clubs outside the prem make a profit.

Simon

This is true, and further highlights the fact that there are people who are making a lot of money from football, and we all know who they are.

With all the millions from sponsorship, advertising, TV rights payments etc, the fact that there are clubs not just in this country, but abroad, struggling to make ends meet whilst Europe's biggest clubs slap £50m+ price tags on their players is staggering. The fact that Henry has alledgedly been offered £100k a week to commit to Arsenal is astounding. I bet over 95% of Arsenal fans don't earn anywhere near that in a year!

Whose fault is this? Is it the players being greedy? Is it their agents being greedy, and pushing for higher wages and transfer fees to bump up their percentages? Is it the clubs for paying the money in the first place?

Personally, I feel it's a combination of the above. The only way to address this is to cap wages, to cap transfer fees, and to distribute money more fairly, maybe even limit the amount of money clubs can make. Then ticket prices can be be reduced, and clubs can offer more comparable prices. Clubs with higher capacities, who would bring in more revenue, would then have to give the excess to the FA, who would be able to distribute this amongst lower division clubs, who would then be able to develop their youth teams better, providing the bigger clubs with homegrown talent, pretty much like it used to be years ago.

This will never happen. The clubs with multi-million £ turnovers would never agree to it. It would need to a worldwide set up, and FIFA would never implement it. Football has gone beyond any hope of parity either on or off the field.

Archived