Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
vanity

Do we need to consider replacing Maguire?

1 hour ago, MattP said:

He's not our best player, that's ridiculous, Vardy is our best player at the minute by some distance. I have no idea why people get so wound up so quickly either way, he's had a handful of games for us, we don't know yet if he's going to be a solid first teamer or if he'll end up being dropped.

People who make judgments about players being amazing after 5 matches are no better than those who write players off after 5 matches, two cheeks of the same arse, For what's worth I think he's had a promising start, but proclaiming him surplus to requirements or our centre back for the next five years is stupid based on a handful of games.

Absolutely! All this. People jumping to conclusions about someone's amazingness or awfulness after 5 or 6 games is silly either way.

And yeah, I really can't see an argument for anyone other than Vardy being our best player so far. Feels like he's a level above the rest of our squad sometimes, we'd be ****ed without him.

On 9/25/2017 at 19:23, Fox92 said:

Beckenbauer , Cannavaro, Lucio, Koeman....... the greatest defenders were excellent on the ball too.

There is a difference between being good on the ball, having the vision and passing skills to move into midfield (like the Kaiser did), and being able to beat 3 men with your dribbling skills. In general CB's are too big and slow to be suited to that kind of game. 

Perhaps I'm being a bit hard on Harry, suggesting that is what he was trying to do, perhaps I should go back and watch it again.

Sometimes I think he feels he has no options other than to push forward as nobody seems to show for the ball. Yes he needs to sharpen up a few things but when we finally have more of the intended starting 11 in place easier options should be available to him, still prefer him to Stones or Keane.

Archived