Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
vanity

Do we need to consider replacing Maguire?

We all like when he goes marauding, but it would be dishonest to pretend he hasn't cost us a fair number of points so far this season with his careless play. Not sure how many, though four come to mind, today and vs. Huddersfield. Just seems to struggle keeping his concentration, and it is costing us results. Does foolish things, like fighting in the box in the 90th minute, he knows the refs are watching, so he immediately fouls on the kick. Lad needs a bit more common sense out there, and he needs to be mindful of wtf he is doing with the ball, and where he is on the field.

I also remember some poor defense at times at Arsenal, though that may have been more on Wes being a bit slow that first game back. 

Dragovic seemed very solid when he played, and he gives us a weapon with his leg, he's an excellent passed. Do we need to start thinking about giving him a try over Maguire? Shame Iborra wasn't in today, he'd have slid over to fill the gap, guaranteed.

I think as usual, many of us have bigged him up, too much too quickly. Myself included.

Today i thought at times he was a liability actually. Making forward runs at the wrong time, leaving us utterly exposed. Missing challenges and I never realized just how slow he is.

I like him. But we've conceded an awful lot of goals already this season. I don't know exactly how many..but it's lots.

No way is our defence at all solid. Its porous.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think as usual, many of us have bigged him up, too much too quickly. Myself included.

Today i thought at times he was a liability actually. Making forward runs at the wrong time, leaving us utterly exposed. Missing challenges and I never realized just how slow he is.

I like him. But we've conceded an awful lot of goals already this season. I don't know exactly how many..but it's lots.

No way is our defence at all solid. Its porous.

12 goals, 2nd worst defence in the league.

He did lose the ball for their 3rd but I thought his overall game was good besides that. Defended well. Distributed the ball well by and large. Found a blue shirt most of the time. 

Yes his runs will catch us out occasionally but thats why he's not a perfect CB. He's not Rio Ferdinand. 

Maguire the least of our worries. Of all the problems we have, people are gonna focus on him?

We need Huth back in the organise us. I think Huth and Morgan are still our first 2 when fit. But Maguire in a back 3 would be really effective. 

Agree that he needs to work on his decision making.  That'll come, he is still young. Qualities are all there.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

He did lose the ball for their 3rd but I thought his overall game was good besides that. Defended well. Distributed the ball well by and large. Found a blue shirt most of the time. 

Yes his runs will catch us out occasionally but thats why he's not a perfect CB. He's not Rio Ferdinand. 

Maguire the least of our worries. Of all the problems we have, people are gonna focus on him?

Yep and when he plays for England perhaps people will shut their gobs.   Great player and a real breath of fresh air for the team.

2 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

No. We need to coach him when to and when not to carry the ball forward. With 25 minutes left that wasn't the time to go through the middle. I'm frustrated by his mistake but it doesn't warrant him being dropped.

I agree with you but our CMs are incapable of running with the ball foward so with h 25 minutes to go and 2-3 down, our CB is forced to act like a CM and move the ball foward.  

He does need to coaches nore but his overall gane is very good.

2 minutes ago, InLoveWithNgolo said:

12 goals, 2nd worst defence in the league.

You see the two don't tally. We can't say that Maguire is immense etc, whilst looking at the 'goals against' column.

Something must be wrong. The second most goals conceded in the league (I assume Palace must be the worst)?

That said, we have gone back to the bad old days of having a Mickey Mouse midfield in front of our back four, providing not much of a shield at all. 

13 minutes ago, vanity said:

We all like when he goes marauding, but it would be dishonest to pretend he hasn't cost us a fair number of points so far this season with his careless play. Not sure how many, though four come to mind, today and vs. Huddersfield. Just seems to struggle keeping his concentration, and it is costing us results. Does foolish things, like fighting in the box in the 90th minute, he knows the refs are watching, so he immediately fouls on the kick. Lad needs a bit more common sense out there, and he needs to be mindful of wtf he is doing with the ball, and where he is on the field.

I also remember some poor defense at times at Arsenal, though that may have been more on Wes being a bit slow that first game back. 

Dragovic seemed very solid when he played, and he gives us a weapon with his leg, he's an excellent passed. Do we need to start thinking about giving him a try over Maguire? Shame Iborra wasn't in today, he'd have slid over to fill the gap, guaranteed.

Should we replace Kasper too then? Vardy for missing the pen?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

You see the two don't tally. We can't say that Maguire is immense etc, whilst looking at the 'goals against' column.

Something must be wrong. The second most goals conceded in the league (I assume Palace must be the worst)?

That said, we have gone back to the bad old days of having a Mickey Mouse midfield in front of our back four, providing not much of a shield at all. 

Does that mean Kaspers crap as well then Col ? ...    Stats don't lie ...

Jeez ............

what do people expect of him with a two in front. Shakey clearly encourages him to come out with the ball - he either sets the team up to cope with that via a midfield three or he tells him not to do it. I'm fed up of watching our midfield two given the run around by the opposition three. we have a week ahead of us to prepare a back three for next Saturday which will allow a midfield three (I think important at Bournemouth the way they play) 

Archived