Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

William Vainqueur

On 16/01/2018 at 10:30, sylofox said:

I fear some crap abba song being used.

12 hours ago, Fox42 said:

The Willy Winner takes it all...

I've had a little think about it and tbh I was wrong to say his name's Willy Winner:  Whilst "winner" is one main translation of "vainqueur" it's not the most correct of translations, after all the French for "winner" as we would usually use the word is "gagneur". "Vainqueur" (as I understand it) has slightly more combative connotations, think "conquer". As Bob Marley and the Wailers might put it, he's a Willy Conqueror, yes me friend.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've had a little think about it and tbh I was wrong to say his name's Willy Winner:  Whilst "winner" is one main translation of "vainqueur" it's not the most correct of translations, after all the French for "winner" as we would usually use the word is "gagneur". "Vainqueur" (as I understand it) has slightly more combative connotations, think "conquer". As Bob Marley and the Wailers might put it, he's a Willy Conqueror, yes me friend.

William the Conquerer? Niceeee

• Like 3