Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Chambers & Mattock - On Sky1 tonight

You mean Chambo just did a cool calm finish for the 4th or were you just referring to the 3rd?

Surely he's eligible for the first team. Such a natural finisher. Manna from Heaven. Lethal as Carlos The Jackal.

Wish I'd gone and watched it now. What a daft decision. :(:(:(

From another forum. ;):thumbup:

Finished 4-0 to England.

Decent performances from our lads, Mattock was solid at left back and did well on the ball, but didn't get forward much.

Chambers played up front by himself (with two wide players), and he didn't get a great deal of service in the first half, but he saw more of the ball as the game went on and looked dangerous.

Here's the official report:

U16s hit Wales for four

By Jack Teague. Friday, 14 October 2005.

England 4-0 Wales

Franks 2, Chambers, Rose

Kenny Swain’s U16 side cruised to a 4-0 victory over Wales in Telford on Friday night.

England took the lead on 22 minutes when the impressive Nathan Porritt ran on to a flicked header by Ashley Chambers and curled the ball towards the near post where his club mate Jonathan Franks bundled the ball home from close range.

The Middlesbrough pair combined superbly once again just after the interval to give Franks his second goal of the game.

A long clearance was knocked on by Porritt into the path of Franks who steadied himself before smashing an unstoppable swerving drive into the top corner.

Ashley Chambers completed a good night’s work for England’s front three on 59 minutes when the Leicester forward beat two defenders before slotting the ball underneath the advancing Rhys Taylor in the Welsh goal.

Substitute Danny Rose then capped an impressive cameo performance with England’s fourth and final goal. The midfielder took advantage of some hesitancy in the Welsh back line to burst clear before coolly slotting the ball in off the left hand upright.

Kayne Mcklaggon wasted the visitor’s best chance of a consolation after they were awarded a penalty late in the game, but his tamely struck spot-kick was easily saved by Alex Smithies diving to his left.

Coach Swain was particularly pleased with England’s three-goal second-half display, but felt that the visitors deserved some credit.

“I was satisfied with the last 40 minutes," he said. "We thoroughly deserved the victory but we didn’t play how I would have liked in the first-half and struggled to get out of second or third gear, but we really dictated the pace in the second-half.â€Â

“This is as good a Welsh side as I have seen; very athletic and very professional.â€Â

England's next Victory Shield clash is against Northern Ireland in Chester on 3 November.

http://www.thefa.com/England/U16s/NewsAndF..._vWal_Oct05.htm

Sounds great :thumbup: Bet I'll never get to see the goal though :(

Archived