Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Chambers & Mattock - On Sky1 tonight

<h3 class="headline">Young Foxes On England Duty </h3> 0,,10274%7E2773198,00.jpgEngland's under 16s begin their Victory Shield campaign tonight with two players from Leicester City's Academy in the 18-man squad.

Ashley Chambers (pictured right) and Joe Mattock have been called up by coach Kenny Swain for the first game of this year's competition against Wales.

In the squad last year was another Academy product, Joe Magunda, who scored the opener in the Victory Shield clash with the Welsh to set the England side on their way to a 5-1 win as they went on to claim the title.

Chambers, who made his debut for the Foxes' first team in the Carling Cup in September, will be looking to build on his performances for the national side in the Nordic tournament where he scored a hat-trick against the Faroe Islands. Mattock meanwhile will be hoping to represent his country for the first time at under 16 level.

The fixture kicks off at 7:45pm at Telford's New Bucks Head ground and will be televised live on Sky Sports 1.

Further matches against Scotland and Northern Ireland will follow in November.

Blue Army, Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,Blue Army,

Doh, I want sky sports.

You could come round ours, but I don't know what Mr Lisa would say about that. Plus I have a lot of reading to do. :(

You could come round ours, but I don't know what Mr Lisa would say about that. Plus I have a lot of reading to do. :(

So I couldn't come round yours then? :P

haha, it's ok thanks Lease, gotta chill at home. Thanks anyways :D

They've done a piece on it on Sky Sports News which I saw about half hour ago. The only player's name they mentioned was Chambers and he was shown on screen close up for about 10 seconds. Only player in the squad to have played first team football.

Just to remind you. ;):thumbup::unsure::huh::whistle::rolleyes:

We raised the 'lack of team sheets' issue with the club today & got a call back explaining why.

It is true that the club used to give out team sheets at Academy games however the people that found them beneficial were not fans...

a) Other clubs scouts - having easily identified who was who, they then proceeded to try & steal our best prospects. As we are managing to generate some much better prospects at present, the top Premier clubs have been sniffing around & got close to grabbing one of our players.

b) Agents - touting for business, again watch games for the bright prospects & then try & get them on their books & make themselves money.

Obviously neither of these match watchers are in the clubs interests & therefore they stopped issuing team sheets. The club did apologise that fans are getting caught up in this problem, but both cases are growing rapdily in recent seasons.

The club naturally want to keep their bright prospects here

For info it was the U18 & U16's playing on Saturday & not the reserves who play at Hinckley.

Archived