Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Crinklyfox

Tribute song for Vichai

A couple of days ago I posted a suggestion for a tribute song for Vichai in the 'New chants and songs' thread.  There have been a number of other suggestions but there has been a fair amount of support since then for the opening couple of verses of 'Days' which was a minor hit for the Kinks then also for Kirsty McColl.  The words follow:

Thank you for the days

Those endless days those sacred days you gave me

I'm thinking of the days

I won't forget a single day believe me

I bless the light

I bless the light that lights on you believe me

And though you're gone

You're with me every single day believe me

Some posters have suggested minor variations but for me this expresses what a lot of us feel about Vichai and I'd love to hear 30,000 singing their hearts out at the King Power.  I believe that his family would appreciate it too.  We have the tributes outside the ground which will eventually be removed, as will the Book of Condolences, but we can sing this forever.

If the FT community wants a song for Vichai (and so far there's just contributors to the 'New chants and songs' thread that have given their opinion) then I don't believe it will just happen by itself.  A few of us singing this is unlikely to have much impact on the masses that will attend the next home match.  It would help if either the club was involved and were willing to play the song over the PA before the match (hopefully with an image of Vichai on the big screen) or if we could ask someone famous like Kasabian to sing it at the King Power before the match.

I'm looking for your thoughts on this.  I think we need three things:

1.   A mandate from FT members to go ahead with this

2.  A process to get this sung at the ground

3.  Someone responsible for contacting the club and any other involved parties.  It would help if they were already known to the club management

• Like 1

Works well, but all I'd say at the minute is that there seems to be people left right and centre trying to get traction with their tributes so that they get seen and heard. I'd wait until the other stuff passes before pushing this as it might just get lost.

If I followed all the tributes at the next match I'll be holding people next to me, whilst waving a scarf, whilst clapping in minutes 10, 15, 25, 60, 72, 90, with three minutes of clapping on minute 18 whilst hopping up and down on one leg singing when you're smiling.

I do think there is mileage in this becoming permanent though.

• Haha 1