Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milo

Oculus Rift - anyone got one

I've got the rift. Lovely bit of kit. The controllers are probably the best I've had for any computer based game. Only trouble is if you move the sensors, which I do regularly, you have to go through an annoying tutorial video to reconfigure them. 

And if you haven't tried vr before, I suggest you visit a demo store to test it, most of the games I've played I've been fine, but for one of them I played for 20 minutes and got motion sickness which was pretty horrid. Oculus store and steam provide you with full refunds if you haven't passed (I think) 2 hours worth of playtime, so if a game does send you funny, you get your money back no problem. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

If you are going VR get a HTC Vive they piss all over oculus.

Just bit the bullet and bought a Rift - most reviews had them better than HTC (?)

Anyway, the deed is done and I'll be retiring to my man cave for the foreseeable future...

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Just bit the bullet and bought a Rift - most reviews had them better than HTC (?)

Anyway, the deed is done and I'll be retiring to my man cave for the foreseeable future...

Fair doos. The vive has better specs but personal preference comes into it too. 

• 2 years later...

Myself and the other half picked an Oculus Quest 2 up in June after trying one out at a friend's house. Really enjoying it so far (plus she won't let me play my Xbox Series X, this at least allows me to do some gaming!) 

Loving TWD: Saints and Sinners, and there are some great party games available to play with friends. 

Anyone else got one? 

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

(plus she won't let me play my Xbox Series X, this at least allows me to do some gaming!) 

Imagine needing permission to go on your own xbox. Why are there so many men out there like this lol. 

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Myself and the other half picked an Oculus Quest 2 up in June after trying one out at a friend's house. Really enjoying it so far (plus she won't let me play my Xbox Series X, this at least allows me to do some gaming!) 

Loving TWD: Saints and Sinners, and there are some great party games available to play with friends. 

Anyone else got one? 

I’ve got the Quest 2 that I mostly use for iracing. Love it.

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Imagine needing permission to go on your own xbox. Why are there so many men out there like this lol. 

Because I'm a cuck and I love it. 

I wasn't being literal or serious you silly tit

Edited by RoboFox

On 15/07/2021 at 09:07, Legend_in_blue said:

I've thought about it just for that Star Wars game.  Is it any good?

The Quest? I'd say yes. I have one & whilst I don't play it that often its still got a fantastic library of games & you can use it tethered to a pc of course.

• Like 1