Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Racism at Leicester City

In response to your post

Fine. Except a lot of people don't - including too many on here.

Certain posters tried to distort the debate by whinging about racism towards white people. Where this exists, it should of course be condemned - but don't pretend it's anywhere near the levels dished out BY white people.

In 30 years watching the FOXES I can recall literally hundreds of times where I have witnessed black players being racially abused - including, regrettably some of our own players (Mark Bright and Alan Paris spring to mind).

I cannot recall ONE case of a white player receiving such treatment.

As everyone knows, Leicester has a high proportion (45%) of non-white residents. Yet how many do we see at the Way? Very few.

Of those that do attend, a recent survey indicated that a fifth had either suffered or witnessed racial abuse while watching the FOXES.

This suggests there is a problem out there, and it needs to be tackled.

Those looking for excuses not to back FOXES Against Racism do themselves, this board and our club no favours whatsoever!

--------------------

EMC Forum

STAND UP, SPEAK UP

KICK RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARDS

No one is trying to say that Racism doesn't exist at The Walkers, but do these campaigns really do any good.

I say they don't, Lisa and myself have both reported incidents of Racism to the police, and no action was taken so dont you think these campaigns should be aimed at the Police and the Stewards?

Why aren't the club asking questions, they do after all pay a lot of money for Policing.

I mean whats the problem with all the CCTV they should be doing more! they have a captive audience they should be able to find the few remaining sections of the crowd where all the racist chanting is coming from.

Do the police not care because as Lisa said a conviction is unlikely? If so the problem lies elsewhere.

Next time you hear something that offends you, report it, dont just sit on your arse and carry on watching the game-see how far you get!

Actions speak louder then words

I have been a city fan all my life, live around the city ground and have been watching city for years and as shameful it may seem racism still exist. Comparing it from the 70's and 80's where I can recall many occassions that I have personally been racially obused by city fans, things are alot better but people tend not to take campaign such as 'kick racism out of football' seriously!!

Racism is just an issue with football fans but one with society, a minority always ruin it for the majority and that goes for asians and afro caribians aswell

I have been a city fan all my life, live around the city ground and have been watching city for years and as shameful it may seem racism still exist. Comparing it from the 70's and 80's where I can recall many occassions that I have personally been racially obused by city fans, things are alot better but people tend not to take campaign such as 'kick racism out of football' seriously!!

Racism is just an issue with football fans but one with society, a minority always ruin it for the majority and that goes for asians and afro caribians aswell

Well put and :welcome::scarf::wave:

:welcome:;):thumbup:

Ultra:

"Certain posters tried to distort the debate by whinging about racism towards white people. Where this exists, it should of course be condemned - but don't pretend it's anywhere near the levels dished out BY white people."

I made the point that "white people dont matter", which is the view expressed by someone who isnt white, a policeman no doubt, and he works for lcfc, YES, he works for lcfc.

If you dont believe me, watchout for a non white copper (usually inside the ground, near the away end) and ask him if racial abuse towards white people is something the club work towards stamping out?

I too remember the awful racist abuse black players got in the past, and he the occassional shit now. Even spurs fans get the hissing nonsense. I tend to believe that we all have racist tendancies, but portraying them onto others is WRONG!!

Thanks for the "welcome", I have been reading posts for a while but never bothered to register.

Lush, it's an interesting perspective, one which people tend not to talk about(regarding racism towards white people)

I suppose there is abit of "bad" in all of us but we can hope one day a persons colour, race, sexual preference etc will be a thing of the past!

I suppose there is abit of "bad" in all of us but we can hope one day a persons colour, race, sexual preference etc will be a thing of the past!

In terms of discrimination, absolutely!! We all feel comfortable with our "own", whether it be city fans, a genre of music, sexuality or race. Is it some form of racism that we dislike florest or derby?

You cant change die hard city fans to "love" florest fc, just like you cant force Brazillians to accept the danish.

In terms of discrimination, absolutely!! We all feel comfortable with our "own", whether it be city fans, a genre of music, sexuality or race.Is it some form of racism that we dislike florest or derby?

You cant change die hard city fans to "love" florest fc, just like you cant force Brazillians to accept the danish.

Lush,

Your right, there's nothing wrong with sporting rivalries etc, and I hope that never change's, it's something as fans which makes sports so interesting. I spend so much of my day slating my work collegues who are florist and sheep fans but I hate to think that I would descriminate against them for being so!

That sentence I posted earlier was a very general one, one that, one day in the future there will be no distinction between colour, race etc, and one that the human thought process would by pass!!!

Re action being taken against racism at the ground.

The club may not necessarily arrest or throw out on the day. If something is reported to a steward this can be fed back to the control room & cameras can be focused on the individual to record evidence for proof.

If as an individual you are worried about reporting to stewards (although this can be done well away from you seat) another option if you are aware of racism from a Season Ticket holder, simply noting the seat number and reporting it to the club subsequently can still enable action to be taken

The club may not necessarily arrest or throw out on the day. If something is reported to a steward this can be fed back to the control room & cameras can be focused on the individual to record evidence for proof.

If as an individual you are worried about reporting to stewards (although this can be done well away from you seat) another option if you are aware of racism from a Season Ticket holder, simply noting the seat number and reporting it to the club subsequently can still enable action to be taken

I'm not worried in the least about confronting anyone who is racist chanting, i am however worried that no matter how hard we complain to the authorities within the ground, bugger all is ever done about it.

You'll probably witness racism at every match you attend, so by definition this should mean arrests, it doesn't happen, why not?

Why not?

Your right, there's nothing wrong with sporting rivalries etc, and I hope that never change's, it's something as fans which makes sports so interesting. I spend so much of my day slating my work collegues who are florist and sheep fans but I hate to think that I would descriminate against them for being so!

Wouldnt it be nice if we didnt hate another football club. It seems that part of being a city fan is about hating florest derby cov. If mansfield or northampton were any good, we`d hate them too. Hell, we hate manyoo, arsol or chelsea and there 100 miles away.

Theres something in our human nature that protects who and what we are, we cant resist our mothers milk, like we cant resist shouting at the radio when a florest fan says city will lose.

Should we never sing songs of any nature towards the opposition, be them against fans or players, its a form of racism. Yet where would that leave the atmosphere of the already depleted atmospheric filbert way now.

If lcfc wana stamp out racism, then they should wana stop all derogatory songs/comments sung/spoken by fans.

FT, just pointing out a seat number is not proof of wrong doing. It would be better to capture support of others around that area as evidence.

When I first started going down the City ( I know old man, old man, old man, old man) there was no segregation and rivalry was of a friendly nature, some was derogatory but always said with a smile and a twinkle in the eye. These days it's comes across as vitriolic and hateful, unfortunately it can be very contagious and I find myself joining in but on reflection I dislike it and myself for joining in well except when it's aimed at Denis Wise ;) . There was so much more mutual respect between clubs and their supporters then to the point when a tasty bit of football dished up by the other team was applauded by all, I stopped doing that after being threatened and it's all but disappeared save the odd occasion, Sunderland last year and then not for the football more for the promotion.

Not only has the singing diminished but it was always more to do with supporting your own tean rather than taking swipes at the oppo, it was also more to do with singing the praises of the club and the players, I certainly don't remember songs about managers of which there are far too many.

So although I am and always have enjoyed the 'rivalry' aspect of the game I think it's been severely tainted to the detriment of the sporting spectacle that is football.

Right history lesson over now for your assignment today I want you to write 500 words on either:

Freund - A foxestalk legend or a twat ;)

or

davieG - A seedy old man or just a good egg :whistle:

Good stuff davie. Seeing as rival chanting has become untoward over the years, why is it that our fans in L1 are so close to the away fans when we cant fill the stadium.

Shouldnt we close L1 and even the next part so fans dont get carried away. LCFC have alot to answer for there.

You seedy old egg ;)

in all the matches i have ever played in or watched, i have only ever seen or heard 3 racist comments (watched live that is, not seen on t.v)

1 ofthose was a spurs fan calling a player and a steward a 'paki'

2 of those were nirvana calling allextons players 'whiteboys' and honkies etc

I'm sick of all the politics creeping into football.

It's getting more like a brainwashing exercise in politically correct social engineering than the chance to go and cheer your team.

And if there's one thing I dislike it is being manipulated by people many of whom have their own agendas and activist flags to fly.

I don't and never have given a shit who I sit next to at a football match - black, white, rich, poor, crippled or able bodied, Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.

Can't we have a campaign about the miserable bastards I usually sit next to - ex-teachers or middle-ground retired professionals in their v-necked sweaters who never cheer, never sing, never moan, never stand up, never move and never display any emotion that suggests they are alive.

How about a campaign to fit em all with battery driven animation machines which bellow encouragement, beat the drums, sing rallying songs and generally give everyone the impression, at least, that they are all football fans?.

And why stop there?

Lets have Ban the Bomb

Friends of the Earth

Anti Hunting

Anti Gay Bashing

Anti Working at Weekends

Where do you wanna stop?

In fact why stop at all. Let's have a campaign rota. Perhaps we can have the entire buiild-up to matches and the entire half-time interlude dedicated to campaigns which have sod all to do with football.

In fact, why play football at all. Don't a lot of people in Leicester prefer hockey. Let's campaign for the Walkers to be a hockey stadium. Or a cattle market or a venue for the Cage Bird Society to hold their outdoor exhibitions.

It's a football match. People go to watch football. All I want to be involved with is football. I don't want to be lectured by social engineers. Let them look to their own behaviour, their own standards, their own morals and their own saintliness without being concerned about whether I can behave myself.

Cos a lot of em don't stand up to quite as much scrutiny as they would like to imagine before hypocrisy creeps in.

More than that, from what I've read on here a good few of them are so biased, have such a jaundiced view of everything and are SO convinced that their cause cannot be anything but right that it rather reminds me of the supposed abundance of heavenly virgins.

A wonderful idea - my old body could do with a bit of carnal inspiration - but could there just be the odd doubt...

I'm sick of all the politics creeping into football.

It's getting more like a brainwashing exercise in politically correct social engineering than the chance to go and cheer your team.

And if there's one thing I dislike it is being manipulated by people many of whom have their own agendas and activist flags to fly.

I don't and never have given a shit who I sit next to at a football match - black, white, rich, poor, crippled or able bodied, Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.

Can't we have a campaign about the miserable bastards I usually sit next to - ex-teachers or middle-ground retired professionals in their v-necked sweaters who never cheer, never sing, never moan, never stand up, never move and never display any emotion that suggests they are alive.

How about a campaign to fit em all with battery driven animation machines which bellow encouragement, beat the drums, sing rallying songs and generally give everyone the impression, at least, that they are all football fans?.

And why stop there?

Lets have Ban the Bomb

Friends of the Earth

Anti Hunting

Anti Gay Bashing

Anti Working at Weekends

Where do you wanna stop?

In fact why stop at all. Let's have a campaign rota. Perhaps we can have the entire buiild-up to matches and the entire half-time interlude dedicated to campaigns which have sod all to do with football.

In fact, why play football at all. Don't a lot of people in Leicester prefer hockey. Let's campaign for the Walkers to be a hockey stadium. Or a cattle market or a venue for the Cage Bird Society to hold their outdoor exhibitions.

It's a football match. People go to watch football. All I want to be involved with is football. I don't want to be lectured by social engineers. Let them look to their own behaviour, their own standards, their own morals and their own saintliness without being concerned about whether I can behave myself.

Cos a lot of em don't stand up to quite as much scrutiny as they would like to imagine before hypocrisy creeps in.

More than that, from what I've read on here a good few of them are so biased, have such a jaundiced view of everything and are SO convinced that their cause cannot be anything but right that it rather reminds me of the supposed abundance of heavenly virgins.

A wonderful idea - my old body could do with a bit of carnal inspiration - but could there just be the odd doubt...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

I agree with your sentiments but maybe you should consider the racial abuse dished out to Muzzy Izzet, Ronny Rosenthal, Jurgen Klinsmann, Mark McGhee, to name but a few before you make such sweeping statements.

That was actually a snippet of one of foxes trusts posts, the thread was annoyingly closed before i had time to respond. :mad:

Archived