Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vardinio'sCat

Good article from Rob Tanner

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

They're not a charity. If you don't want that, buy a newspaper instead?

If you think writing clickbait headlines with awful content is really gonna make me think "next time i see this quality journalism written in print form i'll snap it off the shelves" then think again. 

Like there isnt enough advertisements around the website without asking people shit like "whats your weekly wage?" before they can even read an article.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

If you think writing clickbait headlines with awful content is really gonna make me think "next time i see this quality journalism written in print form i'll snap it off the shelves" then think again. 

Like there isnt enough advertisements around the website without asking people shit like "whats your weekly wage?" before they can even read an article.

Well they wouldn't need to put up those awful intrusive ads or try and attract as many clicks as possible to impress advertisers if people actually bought the paper. At the end of the day they're giving you free news on that website.

Admittedly I don't read the Merc very often as I live outside its circulation area, but when I do I find it's a much better offering than the clickbait stuff on the website.

If you want good journalism, pay for it.

• Like 2

On 14/02/2019 at 23:01, fuchsntf said:

It's what this forum..and other football forums posters do,they basically copy journalist ideas on insinuation and inclination,that then they  feed off each other,

where nonsense scripts suddenly after a few months,become next year's lies made out to be fact...

Then suddenly..the easy afflicted then make up agendas on half-truths,or down right sht-stirring...

(I am not meaning you)

It amazes me how so called,clever individuals jump all over fisherwives tails, and spring even higher to use unconfirmed tittle-tattle,to build up their own agenda,on a bloody football-forum...

If it was political,.. it borders on indoctrined propaganda...And goes far OTT and too serious for sporting-forums...

This forum has this season ,got a little obnoxious and irritating,when witch-hunting players/manager and stories made up around them!!!

I know what you mean, it is like 'chinese whispers' at points, with everyone (journo's and posters) overplaying whatever scraps of info we have. I'm including myself in that.

I wasn't on here during the great escape, but the period just before must have been pretty grim too. I have this theory that being on the internet is a bit like driving a car. When we are protected in a metal box, or protected by distance electronically, we often show our true colours.

On 15/02/2019 at 13:28, Voll Blau said:

Well they wouldn't need to put up those awful intrusive ads or try and attract as many clicks as possible to impress advertisers if people actually bought the paper. At the end of the day they're giving you free news on that website.

Admittedly I don't read the Merc very often as I live outside its circulation area, but when I do I find it's a much better offering than the clickbait stuff on the website.

If you want good journalism, pay for it.

Think ill pass given the pathetic offerings they've churned up on the site.