Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Arsenal penalty

They've been going mental about it on Sky, apparently another player on your team can't touch the ball until it has touched an opposing player or the goal frame.

Those Sky people were wrong.

The thing Pires tried is entirely legal as long as:

the ball moves forward its full circumference

the penalty taker does not kick the ball a second time until the ball is touched by another player.

I knew the second, but thanks to BBC I found out the first.

Well they well and truly ****ed that up didn't they. Pires' fault but it was because of his 'dead leg' apparently. Why Henry didn't just take it himself I don't know. Danny Mills wasn't too happy, if my lip reading was right he called Pires something beginning with T.

Working on the basis that Pires is petulant, moody and cares a great deal about his appearance, I'd say Gareth Williams.

As for Henry, a great footballer, amazing athlete and finisher, I'd say I have to draw a blank on that one. Perhaps the Smith chap we've got on loan.

Working on the basis that Pires is petulant, moody and cares a great deal about his appearance, I'd say Gareth Williams.

As for Henry, a great footballer, amazing athlete and finisher, I'd say I have to draw a blank on that one. Perhaps the Smith chap we've got on loan.

Well who could provide the brain power behind such a flawless plan? It could be more or less any footballer.

I can see it now, a couple of Leicester players sharing a flat watching MoTD.

Player 1: He's our chance to prove we're better than Arsenal...

Player 2: Damn right.

Player 1: All we've got to do is win a penalty...

Player 2: Hang on, that means getting in their box.

Player 1: True.

Player 2: Shall we forget about it then?

Player 1: Yeah, lets just finish this crate of beer and not worry about tomorrow. Inept performances have become the norm these days.

Player 2: I'll drink to that.

*chink*

All the excuses Arsene Wenger came out with are ridiculous. Lack of confidence? Pires had just scored a peno 15 minutes earlier! Dead leg? Oh give over, he tried to play a fancy flicked pass to Henry rather than a simple side footed pass - that's what the problem was.

If Pires hadn't have been so cocky and passed the ball with his side football, it would have been no problem.

All the excuses Arsene Wenger came out with are ridiculous. Lack of confidence? Pires had just scored a peno 15 minutes earlier! Dead leg? Oh give over, he tried to play a fancy flicked pass to Henry rather than a simple side footed pass - that's what the problem was.

If Pires hadn't have been so cocky and passed the ball with his side football, it would have been no problem.

I read his comments this morning and just laughed! Why try and defend that!!! They were just being their usual cocky self! And they totally cocked it up!

Well they well and truly ****ed that up didn't they. Pires' fault but it was because of his 'dead leg' apparently. Why Henry didn't just take it himself I don't know. Danny Mills wasn't too happy, if my lip reading was right he called Pires something beginning with T.

"You Fvcking Twat" it was he said :laugh:

Archived