Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson Interview in the Mail On Sunday

23 hours ago, Walkers said:

QPR would be a good match for him. Also Ipswich if they were to get rid of Lambert but I can't see that

I doubt he'd go to Ipswich, They'v asset stripped the Club and are paying for it now. Unless there was a see change I couldn't see him going there.

16 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

"I have been asked a few times if I had still been there would you have still won the title. My honest answer is that it probably wouldn’t have happened. I think we would have done really well but…I don’t know. I think Ranieri managed particularly well that year. It was a perfect storm of circumstances coming together. Does it really matter?"

Fair play for him saying that, and not dodging the question.

I always thought we would've done very well in 2015-16 if we'd kept Pearson.  But I have no doubt we wouldn't have won the league.

I think we would have still been one of the surprise packages of the season, albeit not to that extent.

I think we could have managed a top half finish and if consistent, possibly even a Europa league spot. But Ranieri was the right man at the right time to take us to the title.

That said, I reckon we would have had less upheavel and consistent finishes in the following seasons with Pearson compared to the mess we've ended up in recent years.

All swings and roundabouts but I'm sure every fan would have taken the title win over stability. In Rodgers, hopefully progression will now come.

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Good old Big Nige, top man

Am glad that this article has been released, as it does show the real side of him - honest, to the point and approachable.

Wonder if they will do one with Puel (French media) in the future, as would be interesting to hear his views etc on what happened behind the scenes when he was at the club.