Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Stoopid said:

Yeah - could be a bit salty in that part of Manchester.

It was called Rusholme with good reason!

First time i saw punks, very scary as a youngster.

7 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

First time i saw punks, very scary as a youngster.

I was actually living in Manchester at the time and remember the punk thing up there quite fondly. Went to see The Buzzcocks play an early gig at a pub in Wythenshawe which was an interesting evening. Though I never saw the legendary Sex Pistols gig at the Free Trade Hall. Although an awful lot of people claimed they were there later...

Punk was massive up there, kind of suited the ramshackle, beaten-up, seedy glamour the place seemed to possess in those days.Went back last year and couldn't believe the changes. Much more affluent, bland and anonymous now. Bit like football itself, really...

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

I was actually living in Manchester at the time and remember the punk thing up there quite fondly. Went to see The Buzzcocks play an early gig at a pub in Wythenshawe which was an interesting evening. Though I never saw the legendary Sex Pistols gig at the Free Trade Hall. Although an awful lot of people claimed they were there later...

Punk was massive up there, kind of suited the ramshackle, beaten-up, seedy glamour the place seemed to possess in those days.Went back last year and couldn't believe the changes. Much more affluent, bland and anonymous now. Bit like football itself, really...

Going away in the 70s was a unique experience for sure.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Going away in the 70s was a unique experience for sure.

Yeah. Can't quite make up my mind whether it's better now or not. The actual football's miles better (well, certainly faster) now, and it's a whole lot safer.

But can't help feeling we've lost a lot. The danger, excitement and total emotional involvement could be thrilling. Even in a shit season like 77.

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, Stoopid said:

Yeah. Can't quite make up my mind whether it's better now or not. The actual football's miles better (well, certainly faster) now, and it's a whole lot safer.

But can't help feeling we've lost a lot. The danger, excitement and total emotional involvement could be thrilling. Even in a shit season like 77.

We took about 400 for that first game of the season at maine road, and had an equal number of man city in with us. Made you become street wise very quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

We took about 400 for that first game of the season at maine road, and had an equal number of man city in with us. Made you become street wise very quickly. 

Living up there (in Withington) I had a lot of mates who were Man City die-hards including a hard case called Danny Sinclair whose cousin, Jackie, played for us (of course) so he had a soft spot for Leicester. Luckily for me I guess. As you imply, the Kippax could be a nightmare for away fans...got into all kinds of trouble the year before (from memory) when Birch scored for us and they got about a 98tn minute equaliser!

58 minutes ago, wire73 said:

Pleat out . . . Plenty of memories, getting late to Hull on a Friday night & walking in as they scored. ‘1 down already’ a fellow fox ‘no mate, it’s 2-0’ we’d only played 4 minutes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes? oh sorry...