Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

Ryanair assisted in my deluded approach to watching Leicester in the mid 2000s, and as they say misery loves company so my late Father and Brother were inflicted also upon the Walkers Stadium. My Father/Brother would delay the pain by staying outside smoking until they gave way to the "let's get this over with" pangs of evitability as the Grim Reaper ushered them in! 

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Don't forget the Sporting Blue and I want to say at one point there was a sporting pink?

Was going to mention the blue but you beat me to it. Remember reading it on the way to the match then ripping it up to make blue ticker tape to chuck on the pitch as the teams came out

I almost lost the faith in those dark Kelly and then Holloway days.

Id seen bad times at Filbert Street for sure, but im grown up now. I work bloody hard and i started to actively resent paying my hard earned money watching absolute boneheads prance around vs Rotherham in a half empty stadium.

I stuck it out for league 1 but did few aways. The only emotion i felt was relief it was over.

Its why at the time, losing to watford hurt so badly because i knew we had another season down the leagues and there were no guaranteees.

Thankfully the club has been on a fantastic upward trajectory since those dark days not so long ago

Edited by Donk

11 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Don't forget the Sporting Blue and I want to say at one point there was a sporting pink?

Whichever one it was after the match always amazed me how quickly it went to print and seemed to be out with the results not long after the games had finished, or it could be my clouded memory 

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Whichever one it was after the match always amazed me how quickly it went to print and seemed to be out with the results not long after the games had finished, or it could be my clouded memory 

I think you're right. Both my mum and grandad told me you could pick up the paper when you got home from Filbert St. and the result would be in it. No idea how they did that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jonthefox said:

How about the FA cup first round against Stevenage. Lowest ever crowd at the KP iirc 

Same season, when we'd  drawn Dagenham & Redbridge in the second round, I was leaving the ground after either the Swindon or Crewe game and the club had stuck posters on every turnstile advertising our coming match against Gravesend & Northfleet (who had become Ebbsfleet United by that point). I wish I'd grabbed one as proof now because I'm not sure how many people even noticed.

On 09/10/2019 at 06:32, Vindaloo FOX said:

i was buying my Topps Tiles kit :thumbup: 

I've still got my topps tiles shirt, which i was wearing a few months ago when i answered the door to an Amazon guy.  He started quizzing me whether the shirt was fake as "surely Topps Tiles could never afford to sponsor a team like Leicester" - i had to point out that we used to be Properly toilet and at the time it was fortunate that a company like Topps Tiles actually wanted to be associated with us! lol

• Haha 2

On 04/05/2019 at 18:12, Tuna said:

Playing Rotherham at home around Christmas 2004, Rotherham had about 6 points all season going into the game and were relegated by a country mile that season.

Guess what?

Leicester 0 Rotherham 1.

After that game, I introduced my then young son to a whole new vocabulary of swear words; needless to say he went off to support Liverpool a couple of years later. This game was the nadir of depression during that time.

• Like 1

For those old enough to remember the 77/78 season was a dismal and soul-shredding time to be a City fan.

A personal low was at home to Brum towards the end of the season. Already relegated we got gubbed 4 - 1 in front of a sparse dispirited crowd while the Blues fans spent the entire match ripping the well-deserved piss out of us.

We won a pathetic five games that season and Geoff Salmons (who scored our goal that day) top scored with four!! Along with Roger Davies!!

Dave Webb - a pensionable Geordie Armstrong - Lammie Robertson (the Kevin Keegan of the fourth division!) - Alan Waddle...

Man, we were shite...

And - just to rub it in - Forest won the league that year!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

For those old enough to remember the 77/78 season was a dismal and soul-shredding time to be a City fan.

A personal low was at home to Brum towards the end of the season. Already relegated we got gubbed 4 - 1 in front of a sparse dispirited crowd while the Blues fans spent the entire match ripping the well-deserved piss out of us.

We won a pathetic five games that season and Geoff Salmons (who scored our goal that day) top scored with four!! Along with Roger Davies!!

Dave Webb - a pensionable Geordie Armstrong - Lammie Robertson (the Kevin Keegan of the fourth division!) - Alan Waddle...

Man, we were shite...

And - just to rub it in - Forest won the league that year!

The McLintock management season post Bloomfield. I think we were competing with Newcastle for last place in Div 1 (the premier league to you youngsters ;-)). McLintock signed his old Arsenal buddies (Armstrong, Eddie Kelly etc.) like we were a pub team playing charity games. A 3-0 win on the last day against Newcastle got us to a measly 22 points, level with the Geordies but still bottom on goal difference. West Ham, also relegated that year got 42 points! That was, as you say, devastatingly bad, and and an experience. The days of Tommy Williams, Roger Davies and all those quickly forgotten players....

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

The McLintock management season post Bloomfield. I think we were competing with Newcastle for last place in Div 1 (the premier league to you youngsters ;-)). McLintock signed his old Arsenal buddies (Armstrong, Eddie Kelly etc.) like we were a pub team playing charity games. A 3-0 win on the last day against Newcastle got us to a measly 22 points, level with the Geordies but still bottom on goal difference. West Ham, also relegated that year got 42 points! That was, as you say, devastatingly bad, and and an experience. The days of Tommy Williams, Roger Davies and all those quickly  forgotten players....

Don't think I've ever seen us so uncompetitive.

Remember going to Maine Rd for the opening game - a dreary 0 - 0 draw and John Motson, with his usual prescience, saying on MOTD - 'well, Leicester City are going to be nobody's pushovers this season!'

Nice one, Mottie.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Don't think I've ever seen us so uncompetitive.

Remember going to Maine Rd for the opening game - a dreary 0 - 0 draw and John Motson, with his usual prescience, saying on MOTD - 'well, Leicester City are going to be nobody's pushovers this season!'

Nice one, Mottie.

Went that game , interesting getting back to the car after.