Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

This is following on from a conversation i had with my lad the other day. We were basically reminding each other about how shit things used to be and how far we've come in recent years. 

For example, does any remember when Craig Mackhail smith turned us down for Brighton?. What about when we were begging sunderland to sign Asamoah Gyan simply so we could sign Martyn Waghorn?. Or what about when we signed Jermaine Beckford and thinking we had a worldie on our hands. Over to you, as i'm sure there's plenty more. 

• Like 1

Playing Rotherham at home around Christmas 2004, Rotherham had about 6 points all season going into the game and were relegated by a country mile that season.

Guess what?

Leicester 0 Rotherham 1.

• Like 3

I think a lot of us were cynical when we signed Beckford. Even at the time it was obvious it was a panic buy and he'd never really done it at Championship player and so it was proved he wasn't up to Championship level.

He was always one of those players who was too good for League One but not good enough for the Championship. He should've just spent his carreer at League One level and totted up the goals/

• Like 3

Going on fox travel to Plymouth on the last day of the season. Forget the year but up there with one of the worst games I’ve ever seen.

best memory of that day was seeing lars hirschfelds beat up vw beetle in the players car park 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I remember having a conversation with a mate about who was better out of Gareth Williams or Stephen Hughes. Would not even be arsed even contemplate now. 

I witnessed a physical fight at an away game, think it was Stoke, about whether or not Jordan Stewart was s**t. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watching us against Chelsea (mid-week) at the pre- developed Stamford Bridge in the pouring rain losing with Frank McClintock as Manager.  Now that is being there when we were shite, trust me.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think a lot of us were cynical when we signed Beckford. Even at the time it was obvious it was a panic buy and he'd never really done it at Championship player and so it was proved he wasn't up to Championship level.

He was always one of those players who was too good for League One but not good enough for the Championship. He should've just spent his carreer at League One level and totted up the goals/

Thanks. Was about to post something similar. I wasn't convinced, as it was clear he was probably about our 7th or 8th choice. It was a bit of a desperate signing. A frustrating player to watch. You could tell his heart wasn't really in it. Never saw him bust a gut. I'm sure Pearson had to work a lot harder than he'd like to get a decent performance out of him.

19 minutes ago, sdb said:

When Alan Sheehan was destined to be the next Roberto Carlos (despite never looking any good), only to be overshadowed by Joe Mattock a few years later after having 1 very good game.

And Mattock didn't look very good either, only to be overshadowed by Jeff Schlupp a few years later.