Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

2003 v Man Utd. A horrible day. 3-0 down early on. RVN went to town on us. Horrible atmosphere round the place with our fans acting like total divs during the game, several being kicked out. Was fairly hostile in the pubs beforehand. Being from Ireland I was advised not to say anything.

The 4-1 win v Watford in 2007. Had a fiver on us to win 4-0 at 100/1. With 5 minutes to go it was looking good but then they got a penalty IIRC. Felt that Allen might be the man. Oh dear.

Not sure if 2012 can be classed a bad time as the worst of our exile was as good as over but anyway. Trying to find a pub to watch a Monday Night Game in January V Southampton and about 4 or 5 pubs not interested. Eventually settled on a Celtic Supporters club close by who to their credit obliged. They beat Barcelona later that year in Champions League. Who would have guessed that we would be big enough to get their then manager by the end of the decade.

It's not surprising I can't remember any of the early games I went to, I regularly started going with my dad in 06/07 I think, not exactly the glory years. I can remember flicking the Vs to Villa in the 06 League cup game and my dad telling me off as a near 9 year old though lol

Villa at home. 03/04. Pissing it down. Zoo Magazine on the seats? Absolutely twatted. Fan ran on the pitch to confront walker, then it just started raining pages of wank mag on to the pitch too.

They could have all been separate events but In my head it was all the same game. Summed our season up in 90 minutes. 

I was spending the majority of my late sat night early Sunday morning yelling at the bucket of stale pis that was "Player" the only way to listen to City games in OZ.

week in week out, it failed to load, failed to run, or went silent for large portions of the game .........

This was from around 2012...

Dear Subscriber,

Once again we would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the issues experienced throughout the first half of Saturday’s commentary. As you may have been made aware, we have extended your membership by one month to compensate you for the poor experience.

If you check the ‘My account’ section of the site this will be visible to you.

Best regards

Customer Services

PERFORM Group PLC

• Haha 1

Being sat in my room watching sky sports news on freeview, with Mandaric chatting away after we'd been relegated 

And those 2 Hungarian geezers being ace for that one game and thinking we'd signed 2 amazing players.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Open terrace in the pouring rain, my mate wore a bin bag to keep dry 😂👍🏼 

Worst rain related memory for me was Pompy away - early 2000's when it absolutely pished it down from start to finish with no roof on the away end at fratton park.  it would have been one of my first away days - my brother took me, would have only been about 14 - I Think we won but the overriding memory was being soaked for the whole the coach trip back with the whole thing smelling like wet dog.  i've still got the programme somewhere that, despite being inside my 'waterproof' jacket was completely glued together in one mass of paper.

Wierdest memory - being at Forest when Clive Clarke had his heart attack.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Being sat in my room watching sky sports news on freeview, with Mandaric chatting away after we'd been relegated 

And those 2 Hungarian geezers being ace for that one game and thinking we'd signed 2 amazing players.

It should never be underestimated what Mandaric did for us, he pulled us out of the mire and started us along the road to get where we are today, a few bumps along the road,and a dreadful accident but wow I’m going to use a phrase I loathe “it’s been one hell of a journey”  who knows what’ll happen next!

• Like 3

Was sat at Stoke in the pissing down rain with my Dad, hearing news come through we were going down if we didn't score. Holloway looked totally out of his depth. 

First ever game in the early 1990s but after Oxford at home that was the beginning of a good period under Little. 

Guest bss9401

Getting absolutely soaked on a cold December afternoon in 1987, while watching us lose 2-0 in a dismal display away at Oldham in the old Division 2 during a truly depressing season. 

Had such high hopes for Ryan Smith after his debut, first time in years we had ever seen a player pull off step overs, nutmegs etc lol

Just the way he came on and changed the game was breathtaking, think it might have been Derby away. What a guy 

Edited by Shane

12 hours ago, Bilo said:

Blowing another two goal lead at Brighton when they played at a school athletics track.

I seem to remember it was pissing it down and there wasn't even a roof on the raised wooden planks they called a 'stand'.

To be fair, thinking about it Brighton have come a long way

• Like 2

Where were you when we was shite .... where else .... supporting Man U with every other plastic!

Nah only jestin'. As I tried explaining this to some Villa fans a few seasons ago. The Championship is a great league, very British, very competitive, quiet feisty and (sometimes) very entertaining. This was back in the 15/16 season though, so the Villa fans thought I was taking the p*ss. Who knows, those villains they might find out this season that I was not far wrong. 

Obviously there were low points in the Championship. Gillingham away I remember distinctly - we turned up and the away end was sold out. So we sent my mate who didn't have much of an accent to buy some tickets in with the home fans. He bought them in the kop end - in with the Gills fan and next to the City fans. A grass bank essentially, with no roof. We were shite, they were winning, it started raining, it was cold...... and the Gills fans started singing 'there's only one Peter Taylor'.  Apparently he'd been some big nob down there ..... bit of Gills club legend. Bullseye ..... that hurt. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Burgh foxes 01 said:

Where were you all when we were in league one eh 

Lost my shit mate, fuquin disgrace, went into the ticket office to burn my season ticket and went off to support AC Milan.

At least I'll admit it, 10,000 other people swear they went to every away game in Div 1.

On topic @Bilo mentioned some of mine: "Getting tonked 5-1 at Forest courtesy of an Earnshaw hat-trick" Really low point for me.

I don't go much now (went Sunday :-) ) but it made me wonder how many times I've drudged home next to Bilo, who ever he is? and that's made me feel warm and fuzzy.