Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Where were you when we were sh!t ?.

When we were shit we got into an fa cup semi final against Tottenham. 

Ian Wilson scored a beauty of an own goal, Tommy Williams broke his leg and Garth Crooks scored the winner at our end as well. 

That's where I was when we were shit, I cried on the way home. 

Edited by Gwyn

4 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

SK1 with the lads.

I was in SK1 for the final game at Filbert St against Tottenham, the atmosphere was electric, we sang we all live in a blue and white kop for about 80 mins. People were taking signs off the walls, pulling the corragted iron off the back of the kop, people on the pitch, marvellous 

Edited by Gwyn
  • Like 3

On 02/10/2019 at 07:27, Bilo said:

Yet you can't shake the feeling that because the football is of a higher standard and the prizes far greater, a little of the fun from the years of Barnsley away has been lost.

I'll change my mind if we have another Club Brugge away of course.

Can't share your enthusiasm for Barnsley Away. My most recent memory of us facing the Tykes was that turgid 2-0 loss during the big dip in form in 2012-13, when Ben Marshall told the fans to FOAD as he strolled across to take a corner. I was resigned that Pearson was getting the sack that day, but we scraped into the playoffs somehow and Ben's career took a deserved nosedive as Nigel froze him out afterwards.

Met Andy King's parents in the stands though, so it wasn't a total let-down. Lovely folks. lol

3 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Can't share your enthusiasm for Barnsley Away. My most recent memory of us facing the Tykes was that turgid 2-0 loss during the big dip in form in 2012-13, when Ben Marshall told the fans to FOAD as he strolled across to take a corner. I was resigned that Pearson was getting the sack that day, but we scraped into the playoffs somehow and Ben's career took a deserved nosedive as Nigel froze him out afterwards.

Met Andy King's parents in the stands though, so it wasn't a total let-down. Lovely folks. lol

I went in the Championship winning season, we absolutely battered them 3-0 and they didn't get a sniff... then on around 85 minutes over the tannoy their stadium announcer read out their man of the match and it's the first and last time I've ever heard an entire away end laugh in unison

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

I went in the Championship winning season, we absolutely battered them 3-0 and they didn't get a sniff... then on around 85 minutes over the tannoy their stadium announcer read out their man of the match and it's the first and last time I've ever heard an entire away end laugh in unison

The 2-0 win under Eriksson and the 1-0 win that kept us and Barnsley up at Leeds' expense in 2007 were good days out as well.

• Like 2

I recall, vaguely, one incident when Wallington was in goal and I think we were playing QPR. Was in the East Stand toilets puking up for the first half. 2nd half asleep in my seat. Had to buy a Sports Mercury on the way to my Nan’s house so I could tell my dad what happened. Not sure anyone noticed the overwhelming smell of vomit and stale alcohol :ph34r:

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 09:33, Burgh foxes 01 said:

Where were you all when we were in league one eh 

South Stand at Hereford United, cheering our team on in glorious sunshine.

Experiencing Peterborough away ("toilets").

Jumping through the roof when Howard scored THAT header against Leeds United at home.

Just getting to Scunthorpe - an adventure in itself.

Northampton away, sitting in the home end thanks to a friendly Cobblers fan getting me ticket. :whistle:

And many, many more great League One memories.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

The snow ball fight at Walsall

Most of the away end taking the pee out of the lad wearing a fake Liverpool shirt at Cheltenham

Calling that Steve Howard goal against Leeds just as the corner was awarded

All of these moments were when I fell back in love with Leicester. I have a mental block of most of the years that preceded it........

Gareth Williams the next big thing

Stephen Hughes the scottish Zidane

Believing Kisnorbo was genuinely a good defender

Canero, Tiatto and Elvis Hammond....... going from Kevin Pressman to Rab Douglas

All dreaming of a team of Robbie Nielsons :cry:

This thread is great.

I was mascot for Derby away when Peter Taylor was in charge and all my family wanted photos with the new record signing Akinbiyi. We lost 2-0.

Getting relegated at Charlton in 2004 and Di Canio losing his sh*t because we were singing ‘**** off Di Canio’. He may have thrown his bib on the ground or I might have imagined that.

Getting home from school and watching pre-match press conferences in full on player.

Mandaric used the word ‘stability’ every time there was a conference introducing a new manager.

On family holidays to France we used to try and see the local team in a match. When I was 13 or 14 there was a pretty impressive young centre midfielder and I wrote to Leicester with a scouting report. They wrote back saying they were going to take a look at him. I later found out he was 36.😂

I live in London and I started seeing a bloke on my road recently, and I couldn’t work out why I recognised him. The third time I saw him I realised it was Elvis bloody Hammond. One day I’ll speak to him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Northampton away, sitting in the home end thanks to a friendly Cobblers fan getting me ticket. :whistle:

And many, many more great League One memories.

I’m pretty sure we really pi$$ed off Northampton that game.  Did we have fans scattered all around the ground, buying tickets in areas we shouldn’t have been? 

8 hours ago, Bilo said:

I'm sure Northampton gave us an allocation of about 1100.

Their home attendance ended up being boosted by suspiciously Leicesterian accented Cobblers...

We were in the home end that day in the section next to our support.

Before kick off I noticed a few lads literally just walk between the ‘segregation’ down the front between the two sets of fans. I think it was one steward with little or no interest. Following their lead me and three mates did exactly the same and got in with our fans.

But yes there were big numbers of our fans in the home end.

Playing Hereford Utd at Filbert street in the cup. I was in the double deck stand as a young boy with the supporting post right I front of me. I spent most of the game looking round that thing. Also remember the foxes family nights to watch the reserves. Sitting at the top of the Carling stand and admiring the view. Those were the days. 

Also remember the signings such as Elvis Hammond, Josh Low, Mo Sylla and I remember getting all excited when Steven Hughes signed and thinking he's a great passer of the ball. Now we're selling players at record fees! It's ridiculous how far we've come!

Edited by fox_favourite

On 05/10/2019 at 12:50, Mickey O'Neil said:

Ah! The Buff! I forgot all about that! 

My my dad used to send me to Thurncourt Rd to get the “Sports”. 

Also loved the Sports Mercury.

Even if sometimes half the scores wouldn't be in yet due to late finishes... Or occasionally a score would be completely wrong due to a very late goal.

What time would they get them out - 6pm? That's quite impressive really...

P.S. I saw us at Kenilworth Road for first time this season the other week and the difference in composure on the ball compared to most of the 80s and 00s is an absolute delight.