Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the_tank

Favourite Samples

1 hour ago, Soup said:

Love these guys and really like that song..Not heard that mix before though. A few samples in that one ashould well..

I think it was remixed by Norman Cook / Fat Boy Slim back in the late 80's, one of my faves...

• Like 1

Love 80's and early 90's hip hop and there's so much good sampling involved in that. It's so interesting as well reading about how the early guys used to hook up to lampposts in New York and loop baselines or brass sections to get the backing tracks to rap to. 

Pretty much gor me in to Jazz and Funk if I'm honest. I love the use of John Coltrane in this Pharcyde track. Subtle but works well.

• Like 2

Recommend the David Axelrod compilations Anthology and Anthology II. His productions have been sampled so many times. Brilliant drums, breaks and atmospheric 60s psych-outs.

Plus it features one of the men from Uncle/NCIS David McCallam.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2019 at 21:42, Soup said:

Another Pharcyde for the hell of it, and because it's good! 

Fine Quincy Jones sample.. classic stoner sample done right by Nightmares on Wax/Smokers Delight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the_tank said:

Fine Quincy Jones sample.. classic stoner sample done right by Nightmares on Wax/Smokers Delight

Excellent, keep them coming..Really getting back in to.ths stuff again recently. 

I have too many favourite samples so instead I'll share a fascinating video which shows you how The Prodigy used loads of samples to create 'Smack My Bitch Up.'

Really goes to show the level of craftsmanship that goes into their songs and fair play to the guy who recreated it for the video! RIP Keith Flint.