Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Team For Cardiff

My selction would be:

Douglas

Maybury (rb)

Gerrbrand (cb)

McCarthy (cb)

Sheehan (lb)

Sylla (rm)

Williams (cm)

Gudjonsson (cm)

Hamill (lm)

MDV (cf)

Hammond (cf)

Subs:

henderson

dublin

kisnorbo

tiatto

Chambers

The only reason that i would leave Stearman and Dublin out is for a worry about tiredness and/or burnout.

My selction would be:

Douglas

Maybury (rb)

Gerrbrand (cb)

McCarthy (cb)

Sheehan (lb)

Sylla (rm)

Williams (cm)

Gudjonsson (cm)

Hamill (lm)

MDV (cf)

Hammond (cf)

Subs:

henderson

dublin

kisnorbo

tiatto

Chambers

The only reason that i would leave Stearman and Dublin out is for a worry about tiredness and/or burnout.

The last thing Dublin would want is to be left out. If he was playing up front i might agree with you but at the back no, i think he's honest enough to tell CL when he needs a rest.

I thought he'd rest De Vries with a game on Saturday but if Hume is suspended it looks like he'll have to play, unless he plays Dublin up front with Hammond <_< He must start Gerrbrand, and I'd play him with Johansson, his experience will help him.

Henderson

Maybury Gerrbrand Johansson Sheehan

Sylla Williams Gudjonsson Hamill

Hammond De Vries

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Hughes, Chambers, Dublin

I thought he'd rest De Vries with a game on Saturday but if Hume is suspended it looks like he'll have to play, unless he plays Dublin up front with Hammond <_< He must start Gerrbrand, and I'd play him with Johansson, his experience will help him.

Henderson

Maybury Gerrbrand Johansson Sheehan

Sylla Williams Gudjonsson Hamill

Hammond De Vries

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Hughes, Chambers, Dublin

The sooner we start playing the two Swede's at the back the better, i think this is CL's long term plan.

As long as Dublin is playing well i don't think he can drop him though.

The sooner we start playing the two Swede's at the back the better, i think this is CL's long term plan.

As long as Dublin is playing well i don't think he can drop him though.

Totally agree. Gerrbrand is meant to be a calm defender who can pass the ball instead of hoofing it upfield, which is very good to hear.

I`d like to see fringe players take part in this game, as we need our best for saturday. That said, sheehan must start to get match fitness for saturday.

hendo

maybury dublin gerrbrand gilbert

hammond joey tiatto sheehan

chambo mdv

I`d like to see fringe players take part in this game, as we need our best for saturday. That said, sheehan must start to get match fitness for saturday.

hendo

maybury dublin gerrbrand gilbert

hammond joey tiatto sheehan

chambo mdv

Full strength team needed, if only for morale the last thing we need is a whupping and right now Cardiff are more then capable of giving us one!

I believe Levein will be resting both Dublin and MDV for the Cardiff match - cant imagine who he'll play instead of them two, especially for MDV if Hume is cuptied. Gerrbrand and McCarthy at cb and Sheehan at left would be my choice, dropping nils to the bench. Chambo on instead of MDV aswell...

Also, Smith could be back for us? Does Wenger see him playing for Arsenal at some stage this season in the Carling Cup? Or has he already played for them and would be cuptied?

lush, you seem to forget that 'this cup' which we shouldnt really care about will bring much needed confidence and money should we progress. Always helps .. regardless of what our main priorities are for the season..

I believe Levein will be resting both Dublin and MDV for the Cardiff match - cant imagine who he'll play instead of them two, especially for MDV if Hume is cuptied. Gerrbrand and McCarthy at cb and Sheehan at left would be my choice, dropping nils to the bench. Chambo on instead of MDV aswell...

Also, Smith could be back for us? Does Wenger see him playing for Arsenal at some stage this season in the Carling Cup? Or has he already played for them and would be cuptied?

lush, you seem to forget that 'this cup' which we shouldnt really care about will bring much needed confidence and money should we progress. Always helps .. regardless of what our main priorities are for the season..

Arsene Wenger likes to play the kids in the cup so he wont be playing for us. Arsenal havent played in League Cup yet. It's a tough decision. Do you rest players for the league or do you keep the same team for stability and confidence. I would stick with the same team except Kisnorbo. I think he could be good but he's tired i think. Rest him for Saturday.

354 city fans turned up for the league game equivalent, which didnt provide much hope and they beat us. That was when cardiff were also rans like us. Now theyve blossomed and were edging to their level.

IF we played a full strength team and lost (which is likely) that wouldnt be good for saturday.

IF we won, then we`d need a huge club in next round to make it a finacially viable success, but we might get west brom or such like.

IF we rest our best, we can play all out attack, with little pressure and the fringe get a run out to express themselves.

IF we lose, so what, were expected to.

IF we win, then what a boost, because those fringe players have prooved they can handle first teamers places, and that gives craig a seletion headache.

354 city fans turned up for the league game equivalent, which didnt provide much hope and they beat us. That was when cardiff were also rans like us. Now theyve blossomed and were edging to their level.

IF we played a full strength team and lost (which is likely) that wouldnt be good for saturday.

IF we won, then we`d need a huge club in next round to make it a finacially viable success, but we might get west brom or such like.

IF we rest our best, we can play all out attack, with little pressure and the fringe get a run out to express themselves.

IF we lose, so what, were expected to.

IF we win, then what a boost, because those fringe players have prooved they can handle first teamers places, and that gives craig a seletion headache.

If we lose, it doesn't matter what players we play the team will lose confidence. I don't think it matters that the first teamers didn't play, i think that they would still feel down about losing. I don't see how you think we would probably lose. We've won 2 of the last 3. Cardiff aren't a bad team but we should be going out to beat them. Be positive!

Archived