Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Chituru Odunze

22 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

This is the lad who I told you last week wasn't joining us!  That info came straight from someone who is with the squad he is joining up with.  Good sources aren't always accurate :blush:

#neverwrong

guess they found their leak then

I Hope he Doesnt go to Poland pre-season...he will be lonely!!

though at his hight,be could Pick out the nice blond Polish girls....

he can earn Money World wide...with Shampoo adverts he is " Head and shoulders". Above everybody else..:smile:

• 3 months later...

U.S. U-17 keeper Odunze learning from Schmeichel at Leicester City

gettyimages-1167508112-e1574457071823.jp

Plumb Images via Getty Images

Leicester City’s huge secret was told to the world at the U-17 World Cup in Brazil, where imposing goalkeeper Chituru Odunze made several big saves in the United States’ quick exit from the group stage.

Odunze, who turned 17 last month, joined the Premier League outfit from the Vancouver Whitecaps last season, and is already getting some first team training time.

[ PL PREVIEW: Man City v. Chelsea ]

This is all good news for a USMNT program which has a long history of goalkeepers shining at the top levels in Europe, including Brad Friedel, Kasey Keller, Tim Howard, and now Zach Steffen.

Odunze admits to being pleased at the tests provided by Jamie Vardy and the Leicester attackers, but says he’s learning more from the expertise on show from a trio of wise first team goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel, Danny Ward, and Eldin Jakupovic.

Schmeichel is a Premier League winner, Jakupovic a former regular PL starter with Hull City, and Ward helped Huddersfield Town to promotion during a loan from Liverpool. From The Leicester Mercury:

“They’re all really good role models at the club, and they sort of take you under their wing. They’ve taught me to calm down and be confident in my abilities,” Odunze said. “Of course, there are little pieces of technical information they give me while we’re training, but a lot of the lasting information I get from them is mental.”

The 17-year-old has a monstrous frame, so learning from Schmeichel and company at such a young age while getting tested by the Foxes’ electric attackers is a great combination. He is 2W-2L at the U18 Premier League level.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/11/22/u-s-u-17-keeper-odunze-learning-from-schmeichel-at-leicester-city/