Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bans

9 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Even more galling, one of the people that tried to turn my post into some kind of stupid argument - mattp - is still posting his constant trolling while I'm banned for absolutely nothing.

Absolute joke. And nobody ever has the bottle to try to explain what you've supposedly done wrong.

I want an answer for once @Mark.

I've done literally nothing wrong this time. I've not been offensive, I've not been rude, I've not tried to start any arguments. I'm being treated entirely differently to everybody else.

You have no hope.

Once one of the chosen decide to quote and disagree with you, you are put on Mark's hitlist. He won't reply to you. What could he possibly say that didn't apply to a hundred other posters who don't get banned? 

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Great tactic, he will definitely take pity on you now and sort this right out.

What am I supposed to do mate?

I've been banned from general for all but about 3 weeks of the last 18 months. I don't blame him for the first ban and although I wasn't happy about the second I sat through it. I've literally done nothing wrong and banned again for absolutely no reason. 

Edited by Toddybad

48 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

What am I supposed to do mate?

I've been banned from general for all but about 3 weeks of the last 18 months. I don't blame him for the first ban and although I wasn't happy about the second I sat through it. I've literally done nothing wrong and banned again for absolutely no reason. 

I’d firstly try and instigate a private conversation, I don’t think trying to air dirty laundry in public is likely to yield good results.

Its not worked particularly well for Fif has it?

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’d firstly try and instigate a private conversation, I don’t think trying to air dirty laundry in public is likely to yield good results.

He doesn't respond to that either. 

It's pretty clear I'm not going to be treated fairly at this point.

I think the most annoying thing is MattP can be one of biggest wum on here. I mean I like the guy, he's clearly intelligent, and you can have a decent debate with him, but sometimes he can be a massive twat. Can't remember many bans for him. Same can be said for a few others, including Webbo who was made mod, and left of his own choosing. Stokes too, good poster, total bellend at times. Its seems some posters are allowed to get into debates even if they become a little heated, and others aren't allowed to disagree with anyone. I don't think from what I've seen toddy and fif are any worse then the three I've mentioned, nor was liftedfox or Buce who were both hounded off the forum through heavy handed modding.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think the most annoying thing is MattP can be one of biggest wum on here. I mean I like the guy, he's clearly intelligent, and you can have a decent debate with him, but sometimes he can be a massive twat. Can't remember many bans for him. Same can be said for a few others, including Webbo who was made mod, and left of his own choosing. Stokes too, good poster, total bellend at times. Its seems some posters are allowed to get into debates even if they become a little heated, and others aren't allowed to disagree with anyone. I don't think from what I've seen toddy and fif are any worse then the three I've mentioned, nor was liftedfox or Buce who were both hounded off the forum through heavy handed modding.

I think you’re wrong, I do think myself and webbo both know when to leave an argument and log off. Matt has been banned countless times, he just takes his ban on the chin so it’s less public. I don’t deny I can provoke deliberately and possibly occasionally ride my luck. Once you’ve been banned though your card is marked and probably rightly so.

41 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

He doesn't respond to that either. 

It's pretty clear I'm not going to be treated fairly at this point.

He gets the message in the same way he does here, only there is less chance of him getting mad about it.

If you think this is helping, you’re wrong.

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I think you’re wrong, I do think myself and webbo both know when to leave an argument and log off. Matt has been banned countless times, he just takes his ban on the chin so it’s less public. I don’t deny I can provoke deliberately and possibly occasionally ride my luck. Once you’ve been banned though your card is marked and probably rightly so.

It's not so much leaving an argument, its creating them. As you say, you know you deliberately provoke, Matt does the same. Well done for walking away but if you're the one purposely winding people up in the first place theres not much point. It's like starting a fire a walking away and taking no blame for it. I'll admit I probably can't leave things, but the rest of the time I'm fine, I'm not looking to piss people off. The reaction to someone being a twat seems to carry a heavier punishment than someone being a twat in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's not so much leaving an argument, its creating them. As you say, you know you deliberately provoke, Matt does the same. Well done for walking away but if you're the one purposely winding people up in the first place theres not much point. It's like starting a fire a walking away and taking no blame for it. I'll admit I probably can't leave things, but the rest of the time I'm fine, I'm not looking to piss people off. The reaction to someone being a twat seems to carry a heavier punishment than someone being a twat in the first place.

I’m strictly talking as to why people get banned, for instance, when have you seen me complaining about deleted posts? It happens to all of yet all of the people that get banned, then go on to complain or repost the same shit. That’s a pretty obvious warning to check yourself.

I might wind people up occasionally or provoke but each person is individually responsible for themselves and their own reaction. It’s not my responsibility if people go way over the top. It’s more like starting a fire and leaving when the morons fetch petrol.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

You do realise that nothing works don't you? I just complain about it for the fun now. Most mods are actually good guys. Mark is a bit of a plank but he is all powerful.

48 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I like Mattp but he isn't banned from gen chat despite being one of the worst offenders on there. Couple of good posters left because of him.

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m strictly talking as to why people get banned, for instance, when have you seen me complaining about deleted posts? It happens to all of yet all of the people that get banned, then go on to complain or repost the same shit. That’s a pretty obvious warning to check yourself.

I might wind people up occasionally or provoke but each person is individually responsible for themselves and their own reaction. It’s not my responsibility if people go way over the top. It’s more like starting a fire and leaving when the morons fetch petrol.

hahaha

So complaining about a post being deleted is ban worthy and the racist shit, anti-fem shit, gay bashing and simple winding up of people isn't. I think your second paragraph is the definition of being ban worthy.

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Actually no, because you start, and then pour petrol on it, and the **** off when someone is shouting why that **** have you started this fire. You are right, people are responsible for their own actions, and you, knowingly provoking people  are responsible for yours. It all starts there, so stop being a twat and everything will be nice and friendly. Simple really.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Actually no, because you start, and then pour petrol on it, and the **** off when someone is shouting why that **** have you started this fire. You are right, people are responsible for their own actions, and you, knowingly provoking people  are responsible for yours. It all starts there, so stop being a twat and everything will be nice and friendly. Simple really.

Well I think we will have to agree to disagree but having not been banned in 14 years of posting, I think I’m ok really.

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

You do realise that nothing works don't you? I just complain about it for the fun now. Most mods are actually good guys. Mark is a bit of a plank but he is all powerful.

I like Mattp but he isn't banned from gen chat despite being one of the worst offenders on there. Couple of good posters left because of him.

hahaha

So complaining about a post being deleted is ban worthy and the racist shit, anti-fem shit, gay bashing and simple winding up of people isn't. I think your second paragraph is the definition of being ban worthy.

Case in point.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Well I think we will have to agree to disagree but having not been banned in 14 years of posting, I think I’m ok really.

Because certain poster can get away with being a twat, others can't. That's the whole point. You even admit yourself to being one at times. The modding can be a joke at times on here, and the fact that you've never been banned in proof tbh.