Jump to content
FIF

Bans

Recommended Posts

I've been banned from posting in Gen chat for ages now which is amazing considering the posts in so many threads on there. I realise it's your policy not to tell people why they are banned but can you at least let them know how long they are banned for?

 

 You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day.

Edited by FIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FIF said:

I've been banned from posting in Gen chat for ages now which is amazing considering the posts in so many threads on there. I realise it's your policy not to tell people why they are banned but can you at least let them know how long they are banned for?

 

 You have reached the maximum number of posts you can make per day.

It's all part of the new  Brexit policy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

With some of your posts I can see why you were originally banned.

 

Long may the ban continue :appl:lol

 

Having read your posts personal attacks in the politics thread I can't understand how you haven't been banned. But understanding your political views I can understand why you'd want my free speech banned as quickly as possible. Another name for the ignore list .

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

How do people keep getting banned? I've never been banned or warned or anything? Maybe I'm not controversial enough!

I got a couple of slaps on the wrist during the transfer window this summer - one was a message from the Mods directly to tell me not to do what I did (ask for an article from behind The Athletic, which is fair enough, sorry again). The other was on TDD where I got a ban till midnight after posting a tweet from 2017 of someone saying we should sign Praet and Tielemans. I only did it for a laugh and to illustrate that some people were quite prophetic. To get a full on ban I felt was a bit OTT though. Not going to complain much, as it can be quite good to have some enforced time away from posting. Though I would request that if one is banned from posting in the main forum, they're still able to send private messages, particularly when, thanks to the amazing Depression thread, you're in contact with multiple users about mutual ongoing mental health issues. But that's just me. I love this forum, I enjoy spending time here, and that's why I'll do my best to avoid a ban or warning points at all costs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

With some of your posts I can see why you were originally banned.

 

Long may the ban continue :appl:lol

 

47 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

Having read your posts personal attacks in the politics thread I can't understand how you haven't been banned. But understanding your political views I can understand why you'd want my free speech banned as quickly as possible. Another name for the ignore list .

 

vic and bob.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

Having read your posts personal attacks in the politics thread I can't understand how you haven't been banned. But understanding your political views I can understand why you'd want my free speech banned as quickly as possible. Another name for the ignore list .

It was only a joke FIF, lighten up!:mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

How do people keep getting banned? I've never been banned or warned or anything? Maybe I'm not controversial enough!

 

 

This fooker wants an immediate ban for being a right fookin goody two shoes !!!   :angry:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else felt that the main LCFC and General Chat (the latter very largely in the Politics Thread, though quite understandably..) has been more toxic than normal at times recently?

-

Regarding the OP, even though we don't have the best of 'relationships' on here, think you've posted some decent stuff recently to be honest; and it's been a good while since you've mentioned anything which would've rattled anyone's cage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I got a couple of slaps on the wrist during the transfer window this summer - one was a message from the Mods directly to tell me not to do what I did (ask for an article from behind The Athletic, which is fair enough, sorry again). The other was on TDD where I got a ban till midnight after posting a tweet from 2017 of someone saying we should sign Praet and Tielemans. I only did it for a laugh and to illustrate that some people were quite prophetic. To get a full on ban I felt was a bit OTT though. Not going to complain much, as it can be quite good to have some enforced time away from posting. Though I would request that if one is banned from posting in the main forum, they're still able to send private messages, particularly when, thanks to the amazing Depression thread, you're in contact with multiple users about mutual ongoing mental health issues. But that's just me. I love this forum, I enjoy spending time here, and that's why I'll do my best to avoid a ban or warning points at all costs.

 

I probably am being quite dense here but I am not sure why you got banned for your two examples?

Edited by The Blur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Blur said:

 

I probably am being quite dense here but I am not sure why you got banned for your two examples?

For the first one at least, I can imagine posting articles that are behind a paywall can get FoxesTalk in a little bit of legal trouble (in the same way that posting illegal streams does).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the politics thread has been closed again. I understand that it gets heated in there and I agree that some posters make personal attacks  - though why some get banned and others left in peace is strange policy. The beauty of the gneral chat is that people can talk about all types of problems/events. It's a great forum and certain to cause some strong feelings. Why can't people who are not interested or get easily offended just stay away from it. Stay in football which they are interested in?

 

If Mark is worried about advertising income can he not make the gen forum private and only for FT members? Wouldn't that alleviate the problem?

 

As for Stripeyfox question I believe that mark has 3 lists on the ceiling above his bed - the inner circle list, the black hole list and then all others. Somehow people like myself and Liftedfox got on the black hole list and are now under 24h surveillance for postlifting/banning (though I'm not sure how Rumble Fox (X) ever got on that list - he is just toooo nice). You haven't yet been spotted Stripey.

Edited by FIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not entirely sure what the logic with the bans is either to be honest. I know FIF hates me for some bizarre reason so may not see this lol

 

It seems to me certain threads have the same people saying the same thing and the same abuse which is allowed, then others come in and say different things or the same things in a different way and that is deemed not appropriate.

 

For example yesterday and the day before there was all kind of abuse being thrown by certain members which was allowed to flow, then today reasoned posting is blocked. 

 

It very much seems to create an echo chamber. Those with differing opinions are purged. 

 

I would suggest that everyone in the threads in question is old enough and tough enough to take whatever abuse is thrown in most cases, perhaps those in the thread should sign some kind of pact :)

 

The strange thing is some posters can throw abuse seeming willy nilly and others are pulled up instantly and banned

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I am not entirely sure what the logic with the bans is either to be honest. I know FIF hates me for some bizarre reason so may not see this lol

 

It seems to me certain threads have the same people saying the same thing and the same abuse which is allowed, then others come in and say different things or the same things in a different way and that is deemed not appropriate.

 

For example yesterday and the day before there was all kind of abuse being thrown by certain members which was allowed to flow, then today reasoned posting is blocked. 

 

It very much seems to create an echo chamber. Those with differing opinions are purged. 

 

I would suggest that everyone in the threads in question is old enough and tough enough to take whatever abuse is thrown in most cases, perhaps those in the thread should sign some kind of pact :)

 

The strange thing is some posters can throw abuse seeming willy nilly and others are pulled up instantly and banned

 

 

I don't hate you (not at all - I have no personal emotion regarding you - you're probably a very interesting, generous chap) - I just find your posts in the politics thread to be a wind up so it is safer for me to block you and then not get banned - it didn't work anyway as I can't post in General chat at the moment/anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

You tell em Mark ! ...   having met you I just want to say what a pleasant likeable reasonable man you are ..    and ...   dare I say it ...   yes I will !!! ...   quite handsome too  ! 

 

 

 

 

 

(That’s how you do it FIF) ..  :)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me there's a common theme throughout this thread in relation to bans, suspension of threads, post limits etc which relates to writing styles which very casually use offensive terms and language, often reactionary, and sometimes unknowing but also closed and unforgiving in their structure. Some posters also have an inability to re-read their text and critically reflect on how their words may have been interpreted by others. There's always different values on FT - that's not the problem - it's the level of tolerance for differing values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

For me there's a common theme throughout this thread in relation to bans, suspension of threads, post limits etc which relates to writing styles which very casually use offensive terms and language, often reactionary, and sometimes unknowing but also closed and unforgiving in their structure. Some posters also have an inability to re-read their text and critically reflect on how their words may have been interpreted by others. There's always different values on FT - that's not the problem - it's the level of tolerance for differing values.

It's general chat - Brexit, God, Love ..... It's not the Footy forum - Too many snowflakes. 

 

Even you must admit I'm not in the worst 5% of posters on the forum. antagonistic occasionally but not abusive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve come to really like the general chat forum because I feel for the most part I’m conversing with real people with real views, some of which I agree with and others not. A bit of knockabout argument is surely harmless within reason, and mostly much less offensive than some stuff in the main Leicester football forums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously the Mods do the best job they can, if a report is made they need to act on it. 

 

My view is there are some good discussions, good posters, good enlightenment and valid concerns largely. 

 

Yes people get emotive sometimes because they care which is no bad thing. I'm happy to let things slip as long as the letting things slip is consistent in all cases.

 

I honestly believe most the people in there are good folks who want the best for as many as possible; obviously there are different viewpoints on how we may achieve that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FIF said:

I don't hate you (not at all - I have no personal emotion regarding you - you're probably a very interesting, generous chap) - I just find your posts in the politics thread to be a wind up so it is safer for me to block you and then not get banned - it didn't work anyway as I can't post in General chat at the moment/anymore.

Me either not entirely sure why. It seems quite a few people on the list above still can, again not sure why. 

 

I get that it seems the repetition of the same points is not well liked, however I have never been abusive towards any individual here. Full respect to all fellow city fans. 

 

There are some people who are allowed to trot out the same lines again and again, sometimes that is frustrating and I will probably be guilty of trotting out the same stuff in my view to counter balance what I am seeing posted over and over and allowed. Now I suppose the dilemma is let it all go or stop it all.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been banned twice.

 

You don't get told why or for how long but the first time was presumably for being rather 'hot headed' in the politics thread.

 

The second time was for stirring up brexit supporters without being particularly rude leading to somebody else sending me abuse. I assume they probably got a ban as well.

 

I can't post in general chat anymore but I can post in football threads as I only discovered the other day.

 

Personal opinion having been on the end of it is that there should be a warning sent to those close to being banned to explain reasons and the action that will be taken if they continue to post aggressively or whatever. But I recognise that could potentially be a lot of work and perhaps would just lead to a back and forth that mark and the mods don't need. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I am not entirely sure what the logic with the bans is either to be honest. I know FIF hates me for some bizarre reason so may not see this lol

 

It seems to me certain threads have the same people saying the same thing and the same abuse which is allowed, then others come in and say different things or the same things in a different way and that is deemed not appropriate.

 

For example yesterday and the day before there was all kind of abuse being thrown by certain members which was allowed to flow, then today reasoned posting is blocked. 

 

It very much seems to create an echo chamber. Those with differing opinions are purged. 

 

I would suggest that everyone in the threads in question is old enough and tough enough to take whatever abuse is thrown in most cases, perhaps those in the thread should sign some kind of pact :)

 

The strange thing is some posters can throw abuse seeming willy nilly and others are pulled up instantly and banned

Been saying that for a while - and it's a shame. The banning and closing thread policy on here is... erratic to say the least. At least seen from the outside.

After all, it's only an online forum.

 

Handful of posters on self-congratulatory mode, mocking and attacking people with differing views. This is what we have become.

Debate is stifled, extremes created and emphasized. Odd claims brought up about people one doesn't even know, accusations thrown around like hot cake. Weird.

 

Then again, I must admit it's tough to hold a fair and balanced line in terms of moderating, the politics thread(s) in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...