Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bans

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I got a picture removed of a croc sandal full of shit to sum up our performance against Norwich 

One of the mods is obviously a bit delicate :)

I'd imagine it was the Croc that they took offence to, rather than the shit. Hideous excuse for a shoe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

i got banned for 3 days once for calling Ginger fox a copper knob.

it used to be a common phrase many years ago.. oh well!

I've heard that before, though not for a few years - basically a synonym for "redhead" with no offensive connotations.

Here it is.... https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=IAjyQdFwh4UC&pg=PA254&lpg=PA254&dq="Copper+knob"+dictionary&source=bl&ots=_3RAeFmK0D&sig=ACfU3U1j0_GpReuKYuLsugayDgZxa5DC-A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwju-tKFwJToAhWGZMAKHTwbCsEQ6AEwBXoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q="Copper knob" dictionary&f=false

Looks like you were banned for using "slightly obsolete" slang that has existed since 1860. I'd sue! "Free the MPH One!" :thumbup:

5 hours ago, MPH said:

34 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've heard that before, though not for a few years - basically a synonym for "redhead" with no offensive connotations.

Here it is.... https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=IAjyQdFwh4UC&pg=PA254&lpg=PA254&dq="Copper+knob"+dictionary&source=bl&ots=_3RAeFmK0D&sig=ACfU3U1j0_GpReuKYuLsugayDgZxa5DC-A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwju-tKFwJToAhWGZMAKHTwbCsEQ6AEwBXoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q="Copper knob" dictionary&f=false

Looks like you were banned for using "slightly obsolete" slang that has existed since 1860. I'd sue! "Free the MPH One!" :thumbup:

When i was a kid both my uncle and granddad called me 'copper nob'.

I always saw it as a term of endearment :)

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

.....and only now, with the revelation of this ban, do you realise how much they hated you all along! :whistle:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Maybe i can market myself as a foxestalk martyr! Although i think @FIF is going for that title too.... Just a two horse race then!

• Haha 2

So now that there is no football what about a special Coronavirus lift on all Gen chat bans so that people can communicate from isolation?

Mark, in order to make general chat a safe space, a welcome distraction and a place of communal bonding for as many people as possible - can I petition that you keep the disruptive few who bring an unpleasant atmosphere banned? 

Now more than ever I think it's important they not be allowed to spread their toxic influence around whilst the majority still want and need this place in order to help stay sane.

TrollFace.jpg

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/03/2020 at 09:07, Izzy said:

Consider it done Muzzet ...   from this day forth thou will always be knownst as ‘Copper Knob’ ....   :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Consider it done Muzzet ...   from this day forth thou will always be knownst as ‘Copper Knob’ ....   :thumbup:

Thanks Cuntryfox :)

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2020 at 03:21, MPH said:

Count yourself lucky, I took a bit of a pasting outside Pulse nightclub in Loughborough back in the day for calling a ginger lad "Fanta Pubes" after him pushing infront of me in the Kebab shop next door.

Turns out he was a pretty tasty forward recently signed by the Leicester Tigers and was on a night out with his buddy Lewis Moody (I believe the then Leicester Tigers captain)

Never spoken a bad word about my flame haired friends since then and years after even used to get the cold sweats when speaking to the female variety such was the ordeal of the beating.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Count yourself lucky, I took a bit of a pasting outside Pulse nightclub in Loughborough back in the day for calling a ginger lad "Fanta Pubes" after him pushing infront of me in the Kebab shop next door.

Turns out he was a pretty tasty forward recently signed by the Leicester Tigers and was on a night out with his buddy Lewis Moody (I believe the then Leicester Tigers captain)

Never spoken a bad word about my flame haired friends since then and years after even used to get the cold sweats when speaking to the female variety such was the ordeal of the beating.

You can recover from your pasting. Lewis Moody will always look like Lewis Moody.

Have I seriously been banned from general chat again just for saying some MPs have spoken about a government of national unity?

I've spent virtually my whole time recently putting positive posts about things people can do. I put about 3 posts on that and suddenly banned.

What rule have I actually broken? At a complete loss as to what I'm actually allowed to write?

Edited by Toddybad

14 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Have I seriously been banned from general chat again just for saying some MPs have spoken about a government of national unity?

I've spent virtually my whole time recently putting positive posts about things people can do. I put about 3 posts on that and suddenly banned.

What rule have I actually broken? At a complete loss as to what I'm actually allowed to write?

There are no rules. Posts are removed and banned because of who posts them. If you could close down your account and open another your posts would stand. Sadly that isn't allowed either or I'd have closed down FIF and opened a non-descript Joe Bloggs account. The exact same post could be made by another poster and have no reaction whatsoever. Seriously the modding (although I really don't believe it is the mods) on this site is a joke. 

2 hours ago, FIF said:

There are no rules. Posts are removed and banned because of who posts them. If you could close down your account and open another your posts would stand. Sadly that isn't allowed either or I'd have closed down FIF and opened a non-descript Joe Bloggs account. The exact same post could be made by another poster and have no reaction whatsoever. Seriously the modding (although I really don't believe it is the mods) on this site is a joke. 

It's just bizarre. I don't deny that in the past I may have behaved badly and was probably rightly banned the first time.

Then I got let back on and there was an argument where somebody called me a bunch of stuff so I got banned again.

This time I've been really, really good. No drunken rambles and tried to steer well clear of trouble.

I just posted what I'd read, two usual suspects decided to attack, which I dealt with simply without being angry or anything, and suddenly banned again. Ridiculous and unfair.

17 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Mods mods !!! ...  he’s done it again !!! ...   by cleverly referring to his misdemeanour he has repeated the very thing he was banned for !!!!  :o     This young man obviously cannot be told and has no respect  WHATSOEVER  for the forum rules.   Sad to say but I firmly believe that a lifetime ban is now the only way forward ...  :(

12 hours ago, Toddybad said:

It's just bizarre. I don't deny that in the past I may have behaved badly and was probably rightly banned the first time.

Then I got let back on and there was an argument where somebody called me a bunch of stuff so I got banned again.

This time I've been really, really good. No drunken rambles and tried to steer well clear of trouble.

I just posted what I'd read, two usual suspects decided to attack, which I dealt with simply without being angry or anything, and suddenly banned again. Ridiculous and unfair.

Even more galling, one of the people that tried to turn my post into some kind of stupid argument - mattp - is still posting his constant trolling while I'm banned for absolutely nothing.

Absolute joke. And nobody ever has the bottle to try to explain what you've supposedly done wrong.

I want an answer for once @Mark.

I've done literally nothing wrong this time. I've not been offensive, I've not been rude, I've not tried to start any arguments. I'm being treated entirely differently to everybody else.

Edited by Toddybad