Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN THREAD

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The weather.. we’ve had something like non stop rain and floods since last September, a week of lockdown and there’s not a cloud in the sky!

It's going back to cold and cloud now for the weekend apparently, rubbish for everyone who's been working all week :(

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

The Germans have an answer for everything....

The New....

V

Vorsprung durch Technik....

On 25/03/2020 at 08:07, stix said:

We are almost ready to exchange contracts now, just waiting for a date then. I’m keeping in daily contact with our solicitor, the latest info I have had from her is that they are carrying on as normal until told otherwise. Have spoken to the estate agent and arranged with the vendor for him to hand over the keys if everywhere is still shutdown, as they were going to be closed from today. Initial date the vendor wanted to be done by is 2 weeks away. 

I’ll be gutted if it gets stopped now. 

I too am in this situation... the sale of my property seems further behind than the purchase of my new one though (where it is ready for exchange of contracts). 

With the economic situation ahead, I really am beginning to wonder if it's the wisest thing to follow through with... 😫

31 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I too am in this situation... the sale of my property seems further behind than the purchase of my new one though (where it is ready for exchange of contracts). 

With the economic situation ahead, I really am beginning to wonder if it's the wisest thing to follow through with... 😫

As far as I’m aware after speaking to the solicitor today, the only way purchase will be completed from late last night is if there is no chain below or above mate. I was told that because we have no chain below, as we are renting, and from the information I know about the seller, there is no chain above, that our purchase may still be able to go through. Purely because I’ve paid rent until the end of April on the flat we’re in now, so we can continue living here. Have spoken to the letting agents and for as long as we’re under this lockdown, we stay here until told otherwise basically and any arrears will be invoiced to me. I think basically they won’t allow people to actually move house during this time. Physically I mean. 

I hope that helps bud. I’m fvcking anxious more than ever in my life before about whether we can get it done!!!