Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Players Social Media thread

3 hours ago, Mawuli said:

Oh dear me you're one of them people that listen to Rock and think rap is terrible 😂

yep. that would be me too. As far as i am concerned Rap is just someone talking too fast to know what they are on about, and garage music should jut bloody well stay there with all the old paint tins.

We built this city on Rock n Roll.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

yep. that would be me too. As far as i am concerned Rap is just someone talking too fast to know what they are on about, and garage music should jut bloody well stay there with all the old paint tins.

We built this city on Rock n Roll.

Opinions will differ on music,it's great that there's music out there for everyone,no matter what

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

Opinions will differ on music,it's great that there's music out there for everyone,no matter what

I actually agree totally. variety is the spice of life. if we were all the same it would be a bloody boring place. Once upon a time i too was a radio 1 listener. now its smooth FM lol.:P

Oh and all those funny little shiny round things i have are what we used to call CDs back in the day and the big black ones with a little hole in the middle are R-e-c-o-r-d-s. If you span them around and scratched them with a bit of diamond stuck on the end of a pin you got sound from a couple of big box things.

1 minute ago, Mawuli said:

and there always will be.......... Once you understand the history of rap/HipHop music and understand its connections to R&B, Soul, poetry and street life etc. A good primer for someone who doesn't have much experience with rap is the show "The Get Down" on Netflix.  Made a lot of connections for me from when I was growing up from Grandmaster Flash to Donna Summer and Public Enemy. Of course I had the blessing of living 200 miles from the Bronx and having an AM radio that could pick up stations from the city.

I love how life all blends together.